Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was doing more normal early AM order page check and saw 6/24-9/12 as my EDD (same the last couple of days). Randomly refreshed a few minutes later and saw the "Proceed with Delivery" button. Tapped that and got a "Something went wrong message" (twice). Logged out and back in and now see a VIN 248xxx with an "October" EDD.

Ordered 6/24, white/white LR, 7 seats, FSD, Standard wheels.
Congrats! Picking up in Brooklyn?

according to my first peloton report….. i can just plug into my MYP to charge her up. #ifonly

Attachments

• 0047F896-DEFF-4867-AAA2-58771919937A.png
    0047F896-DEFF-4867-AAA2-58771919937A.png
    291.8 KB · Views: 59
  • Funny
Reactions: TESRP and CGeiser
I was thinking of opening a Vanguard Index account for some time now. This makes me wish I pulled that trigger earlier. Any tips, please feel free to share in a message! I’m new to learning about Vanguard thus why I havent done so yet.
1. There is no bad time to do it. If you're in this for the long-term, it doesn't matter if the market is up or down, just buy. That being said "dollar-cost-averaging" is your best friend. The simple explanation is instead of putting $1200 in at the end of each year, spread your purchases out buying $100 a month, or even bi weekly if you can.

2. Don't be scared. My degree is in Finance so I had the luxury of a lot of practice in fake stock accounts and trading, building up to practicing with real (not my) money in several equity funds my class managed - besides all the actual instruction in class. What I have seen is there is a hesitation in family and friends without the same background. If you are able to automate tip #1, just forget about the account until you want to see your progress once or twice a year.

3. Specific funds that are my go-to are: VOO - my all-time favorite and a great place to start. Low fees, good tracking of performance. VO - slightly more risk as a mid cap index, maybe look at this and the next after you are more comfortable. IJR - my favorite over the past couple years. This is a small cap index tracker so returns are potentially much higher, however risk is much higher too. Best is a combination of these 3 with the heaviest weighting towards VOO

Also includes the famous BMW $5K-$10K a year in maintenance the day after the warranty runs out. I will never even think of owning another BMW.
To be fair it’s still an EV won’t need anywhere near maintenance as an ICE car. And as far as repairs cost Tesla is NO slouch in that department out of warranty either.

that being said I hate the huge grille, and the MY blows it away on price

Yeah, that's what I was invoking when I said 8% - 10%; that's 'non-investing', that's just taking what the S&P freely gives over time. You can just buy the SPY, or the C Fund for government folks, and forget about it if 8% - 10% will get you where you need to go.
I would disagree with this theoretically. Just because you are not generating alpha does not mean it is "non-investing." I think that is a discouraging way to describe it to others.

Reactions: Wigan
It looks the size of an x1, trust me the X1 is small. Although it has more legroom than the X3, it’s still very small.

He opened that lift gate and I was like that’s the X1 for sure. It looks large but whe we is standing next to it, you can tell he is taller than the car. Since it has that crossover feel might even be as small as x2 with an $84k pricetag base.

The MY is a little bigger than X3 on the outside and almost the size of X5 on the inside. I’ll stick with the MY.
Not even close to an X1 it’s similar in size to an X5 in fact the wheelbase is longer than the X5.

It looks the size of an x1, trust me the X1 is small. Although it has more legroom than the X3, it’s still very small.

He opened that lift gate and I was like that’s the X1 for sure. It looks large but whe we is standing next to it, you can tell he is taller than the car. Since it has that crossover feel might even be as small as x2 with an $84k pricetag base.

The MY is a little bigger than X3 on the outside and almost the size of X5 on the inside. I’ll stick with the MY.
Agreed - I thought it looked pretty tight in there.

Not even close to an X1 it’s similar in size to an X5 in fact the wheelbase is longer than the X5.

Huh…. Looks are deceiving…. Guess the iX is bigger! Definitely gets interesting for those cross-shopping the two given the X5 price.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Good morning, folks!

Quick update: received VIN yesterday, updated account with everything. My husband spoke to a super nice person at Tesla who said our Y is in transit and arrives in Austin today! Told us to expect a text today to schedule delivery for this weekend!

what a rollercoaster of a week!
that was very very quick from VIN to delivery. At least you don't have to wait 2 weeks from VIN to delivery which is very hard wait compared to Order to VIN :cool:

Good morning, folks!

Quick update: received VIN yesterday, updated account with everything. My husband spoke to a super nice person at Tesla who said our Y is in transit and arrives in Austin today! Told us to expect a text today to schedule delivery for this weekend!

what a rollercoaster of a week!
Please send us a picture when its home we love to see it :)

Here is a update from NC MYP, delivery is on August 27, and i got tint and full front PPF, also did front window tint. I know a lot are asking price and what brand for PPF and tint, did a lot of research sense my first order 6/12 on what to get and here is what i got including the price. All will take about 3 days to complete they said.

PS: all edges are wrapped too

Full Frontal Package using XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS; 10 Year Warranty is included:
Coverage Areas To Include:
*A-Pillars (2)
*Mirrors (2)
*Headlights (2)
*Hood
*Front Bumper
*Fenders (2)
This package is $1,475.00
Window tinting using our top of the line heat repellent film XPEL Prime XR Plus
Front windshield $189.00
Sides and Rear $425.00
Sunroof: $189.00
Our window tinting comes with a lifetime warranty.

installer: www.Kingtuttgraphics.com

Look at the Angles of the two images.....the iX is from a much lower angle and the X5 is from an angle above. It’s going to make the iX look larger the lower the angle.