Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For my South Texas homies...I reported that yesterday I got my VIN. Today I called and spoke to a helpful gentleman and nailed down a delivery date/time of Monday, August 23rd at 3:00pm. I did not receive any email or text so just called and got it done. He said the car was scheduled to arrive on Sunday, the 22nd. I would hope and think that several of your cars will be on that same truck/train/boat/airplane, etc.

Here's hoping that timing sticks, or even better, that it arrives early and we can pick it up on Sunday. As it is the wife and I have to burn PTO to grab it.
That's awesome news! Unfortunately, I don't think either of my cars will be with yours haha

The LR order is pushed out farther than people that ordered weeks after me and the MYP order is about 2 weeks away from even the front side of the window (unless it shifts in the morning, fingers crossed it doesn't).

Happy for you though!

One thing I'd like more info on is the payment process. I've never used third party financing for a car, and when I signed up I put cash since I'm not sure what I'm going to do. But I'd rather not pay cash because it's stupid to take money out of the market to save 2% or whatever. So I have no clue how the financing works. But if I use something like USAA, for example, what happens? Do they transfer money to me, send me a cashier's check, send money straight to Tesla, or what? Is there a down payment with third party financing? Will Tesla take a personal check for that amount?

I literally have no clue how all the logistics for that work. I assume if I decide to use Tesla financing that's the end of it, unless they need down payment. But really I have no clue how the logistics work.
I don't see a response to this specific question, so here is what I know from my experience this past weekend (keeping in mind I am taking delivery in Michigan and must pay prior to the car crossing the state line):

When I got my VIN (late on Saturday, of course) I immediately applied for the loan with USAA and was approved within seconds. USAA then provides a Dealer Funding Request form. In my case, i was doing this from the USAA app, and it offered the ability to email it directly to the dealer. I wasn't sure where to send it so waited until Monday to call the gallery and ask. Got the relevant email to send it to, sent it off, and my SA said that corporate folks had to sign it so it might take a day or two. Meanwhile, I used the links on the Tesla Account page to pay my down payment using ACH (not plaid, I don't trust giving them my log in to my bank). I heard back from Tesla today with a delivery appointment, and that all paperwork and payments are complete. Easy-peasy. Been with USAA for at least 25 years, so did get a sub-2% rate with automatic payments set up (and existing direct deposit).

USAA's paperwork says if they receive the completed form prior to 4pm CT they will transfer funds same day, so could probably be done day of delivery for those in "sales" states, but might be worth asking at your local delivery center/service center regarding timing. Seems like Tesla and USAA are used to working with each other...my DS was very familiar with the process and the forms.

Ouch. I always wanted one but just never pulled the trigger.
I beg to differ. I’ve owned 5 BMWs, kept 3 well beyond warranty (including my current 2017 with 70k, 2008 with 160k, and an E30 from 1992 that I had through its 25 year). I NEVER spent anywhere near that on any of them post warranty. I DID follow scheduled maintenance to a “T” as well as some of my own old school maintenance. All have been solid and have never left me stranded.

That said, that is one ugly schnoz. And it seems inferior/behind the MY in several key aspects (though I do dig the self-tinting roof). To each their own, but I don’t see the value proposition in the Bimmer, and that’s coming from a long time fan.

For my South Texas homies...I reported that yesterday I got my VIN. Today I called and spoke to a helpful gentleman and nailed down a delivery date/time of Monday, August 23rd at 3:00pm. I did not receive any email or text so just called and got it done. He said the car was scheduled to arrive on Sunday, the 22nd. I would hope and think that several of your cars will be on that same truck/train/boat/airplane, etc.

Here's hoping that timing sticks, or even better, that it arrives early and we can pick it up on Sunday. As it is the wife and I have to burn PTO to grab it.
I was up there today and my SA said 17th for my delivery, could pick up on the 18th if not sooner and still on the train, no delays expected. I’ll be driving by the over flow lot on Sunday looking for mine.

I don't see a response to this specific question, so here is what I know from my experience this past weekend (keeping in mind I am taking delivery in Michigan and must pay prior to the car crossing the state line):

When I got my VIN (late on Saturday, of course) I immediately applied for the loan with USAA and was approved within seconds. USAA then provides a Dealer Funding Request form. In my case, i was doing this from the USAA app, and it offered the ability to email it directly to the dealer. I wasn't sure where to send it so waited until Monday to call the gallery and ask. Got the relevant email to send it to, sent it off, and my SA said that corporate folks had to sign it so it might take a day or two. Meanwhile, I used the links on the Tesla Account page to pay my down payment using ACH (not plaid, I don't trust giving them my log in to my bank). I heard back from Tesla today with a delivery appointment, and that all paperwork and payments are complete. Easy-peasy. Been with USAA for at least 25 years, so did get a sub-2% rate with automatic payments set up (and existing direct deposit).

USAA's paperwork says if they receive the completed form prior to 4pm CT they will transfer funds same day, so could probably be done day of delivery for those in "sales" states, but might be worth asking at your local delivery center/service center regarding timing. Seems like Tesla and USAA are used to working with each other...my DS was very familiar with the process and the forms.
You picked up in GR right? If you did are they doing service out there as well as delivery?

I beg to differ. I’ve owned 5 BMWs, kept 3 well beyond warranty (including my current 2017 with 70k, 2008 with 160k, and an E30 from 1992 that I had through its 25 year). I NEVER spent anywhere near that on any of them post warranty. I DID follow scheduled maintenance to a “T” as well as some of my own old school maintenance. All have been solid and have never left me stranded.

That said, that is one ugly schnoz. And it seems inferior/behind the MY in several key aspects (though I do dig the self-tinting roof). To each their own, but I don’t see the value proposition in the Bimmer, and that’s coming from a long time fan.
Ditto - e46 325, e46 m3, e60 m5...all kept past warranty and zero maintenance costs other than oil changes.

BMW has lost their way IMHO...uninspiring designs and way late to the EV race.

General question: for all the DCU stuff, do people just want referrals for the $10/$20? Or is it actually some sort of invite-only secret Illuminati type of thing?

Hi everyone!

I cant post my details in my signature yet so I will list them out here.

MY7 | Blue on White | 20's | no tow - Pick Up: Springfield, NJ
Order Date 5/20 - Color Switched 6/09 - VIN received 08/11 - EDD 8/14-8/18

I had just emailed my SA last night saying if they put any demo's up for sale and received his response this morning that he will definitely let me know. I checked my EDD a moment ago and saw the Tesla Vision blue button and got my VIN (244197)

East Coast they are coming! Hang in there.
Shout out to another 7 seater! We're a rare breed here. Congrats :)

so…. it’s not my MYP. but my peloton just arrived. time to get it going to look as good as my car when i picked her up in a week!
Shout out to a fellow Peloton rider! I'm #BobaNinja on there if you want to add :)

Now this is the true definition of what a luxury ev should be
It looks the size of an x1, trust me the X1 is small. Although it has more legroom than the X3, it’s still very small.

He opened that lift gate and I was like that’s the X1 for sure. It looks large but whe we is standing next to it, you can tell he is taller than the car. Since it has that crossover feel might even be as small as x2 with an $84k pricetag base.

The MY is a little bigger than X3 on the outside and almost the size of X5 on the inside. I’ll stick with the MY.

I sold my BMW while these use car prices are insane for this exact reason. I didn't want to deal with the post warranty maintenance cost.

Actually I’m still driving my BMW now, at least till I get my MY, I’ve had it for 4 years (bought it new) it currently has 148k miles on it with no work done to/on it. Just oil changes, brakes and tires which are unavoidable on any ICE car. It’s been the longest more reliable care I’ve ever owned. Never been in shop, has never stalled. BMW make a great car, their only downfall it has consumption, the x1 (their smallest SUV) is only 28 combined, but I average 22/mpg. It’s a 2.0L Twin Turbo, but that boy moves!

MY MSM Black LR 5 Seat No Tow no FSD ordered on May 31. Delivery in Mt Kisco (because I'm in NY) but the Paramus NJ Gallery and SC is closer to my home. I had some stuff to do in NJ so I did a pop-in to the Tesla store on Rt 17. I can see deliveries going on - even some MY MSMs! - so I know there's hope. Anyway, inside the showroom they had a red M3 and a white MY and two, humorless young guys sitting at a table with laptops. One of them took my Order number and looked for a few minutes while I made small talk about my charger being installed and ready blah blah blah. He rattled off a string of disclaimers and said that it looks like my car will be assigned to me near the end of the month (when I will receive my VIN). I did not bow my head in reverence nor did i break his balls about the October debacle (I won't mess with the guy who has my Tesla account on his screen, the same way I won't mess with the person who cuts my hair with sharp objects around my eyes). I showed him my phone with the EDD 9/ - 9/21 and he said, "yeah, no guarantees but that looks about right."

I learned nothing more. I said thank you. He said nothing, although he was wearing a mask and might had told me to go f myself.

Do I feel better? Well, I did get to sit in the MY on the floor and took a picture of my existing car from the front seat of the Tesla. So no, I'm numb from this. I sell for a living and am rarely on the buy side. This whole communication-less process blows...I trust that all my friends, new and old, are right when they say it's worth it. 3 full months to wait. In about 6 more months, the BMW i4 will be out and I think people will get one of those when Tesla starts to abuse them re deliveries.
I’m with you on this. A little communication would have gone a long way for me. This Fall is going to be very interesting as more EV options become available.

Was doing more normal early AM order page check and saw 6/24-9/12 as my EDD (same the last couple of days). Randomly refreshed a few minutes later and saw the "Proceed with Delivery" button. Tapped that and got a "Something went wrong message" (twice). Logged out and back in and now see a VIN 248xxx with an "October" EDD.

Ordered 6/24, white/white LR, 7 seats, FSD, Standard wheels.