Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know some people were complaining a few weeks ago about how long they were on hold waiting for DCU to process their loan documents. Here is my experience.

TL:DR version: I wanted to get 100% financing, with $0 down. Tesla didn't offer that (even with a rate match), so I went with DCU for 1.24%, $0 down, 65 months. Very easy process. Got a check the next day (on a Saturday!) after signing through DocuSign.

---------------------------

I applied for financing with DCU online (super easy) on June 29th. I got an email saying they needed a vehicle purchase agreement to finish processing the loan with a link where I could upload the document. Obviously I didn't have a VIN, so no MVPA yet. My loan application was good for 45 days.

I received my VIN on Day 44 (*phew!). I contacted my SA and had her change my financing from Tesla (Chase) to 3rd party and told her I would be financing 100% with DCU. She put that info in the system and emailed me the MVPA with all of that info included (VIN, DCU as financing party, amounts due, etc).

I quickly uploaded the MVPA to DCU using the link provided. I got a confirmation email that the docs were received by DCU & call the number listed to complete the processing. It was late, so I decided to call the next morning. Friday morning, I called and the hold times were about 45min to 1hr20. The system prompted me if I wanted a call back and it would hold my place in line. Sure enough I got a call back in about an hour and ended up only waiting about on hold for a total of 10 minutes.

The woman I spoke with was extremely helpful and I added GAP insurance for $295 while were were on the phone (since I was financing 100%). She went over the terms and we set up my first auto-draft for 60 days out! She was very familiar with Tesla and asked questions about the design I had chosen. We also discussed whether I wanted to send the money directly to Tesla but I told her I would prefer to have a check to take with me. That wasn't a problem, she would have a check to my house within 1 to 2 biz days. She also said I would get a DocuSign no later than EOB. I think it came through a few hours later. I signed - and within an hour - I had a FedEx tracking number for a next day, Saturday delivery!

Getting a loan from DCU couldn't have been easier and I ended up having a check in hand for my delivery in plenty of time.

This is just my experience, but if you would like a referral to DCU, pls PM me or comment on the post if you are new and can't PM yet.
So I will say that this was similar to my experience as well. However, the part that was confusing was not getting a loan estimate etc before MVPA, which I understand. It was also a weird process getting MVPA from Tesla, I was talking with the rate match team, and they added my SA who was supposed to generate the MVPA for me, however he didn't. I called the 1800 number, and the person on there was super helpful, switch loan to DCU, generated an MVPA and also switched it back to Tesla financing after so that I could still get rate matched. I uploaded the MVPA to DCU's portal, and called them, and they immediately got me the DocuSign, which I showed to Tesla, and just got confirmation that they are rate matching me for 1.24 at 72%. I'd have preferred to go with DCU, but I am not too keen on changing my direct deposit.

Reactions: TESRP and PatrickTM
So I will say that this was similar to my experience as well. However, the part that was confusing was not getting a loan estimate etc before MVPA, which I understand. It was also a weird process getting MVPA from Tesla, I was talking with the rate match team, and they added my SA who was supposed to generate the MVPA for me, however he didn't. I called the 1800 number, and the person on there was super helpful, switch loan to DCU, generated an MVPA and also switched it back to Tesla financing after so that I could still get rate matched. I uploaded the MVPA to DCU's portal, and called them, and they immediately got me the DocuSign, which I showed to Tesla, and just got confirmation that they are rate matching me for 1.24 at 72%. I'd have preferred to go with DCU, but I am not too keen on changing my direct deposit.
I totally get the direct deposit part. I'm guess I'm fortunate that I can direct deposit specific amounts out of my check to multiple banks. I'm only depositing enough to cover my loan payment, the rest is still going to my main bank.

While I see exactly what you mean, the reason I'm still buying my Y is because I know the product itself is well worth it and it makes the most sense for my lifestyle/situation. I would bet that after I take delivery (whenever that is) I will forget about all this, but I will warn friends/family that are interested about the ordering process.

I am more inclined to believe they are chasing profit based of previous actions they have done with other members of this forum where they have literally pulled people's VINs right before Q2 ended because it wouldn't get to them before the quarter ended which tells me they wanted to pad numbers for the quarter.
Fair enough. But we’re six weeks from the EOQ. Profit and Wall St. are driving forces in business and especially for all the Tesla/EV naysayers that want Tesla/EV to fail. I just don’t think these delays are due to EOQ or Wall St. I could be wrong of course.

Tom

Reactions: TESRP and PatrickTM
I understand the frustration both of you are feeling, but I do not understand why you are buying from Tesla if this is pissing you off so much. For all we know they got a boatload (literally) of alloy pedals or Uberturbine wheels and the MYP is all they can build right now.

I guarantee you there will be other issues besides delivery prioritization during your Tesla ownership. I’m also sure this is not something they are doing on purpose.

Tom
does that mean we shouldn't buy a car if we are not happy with the way company is prioritizing orders?

Reactions: TESRP and CSTARZZ
3C69B518-64C7-4840-8CAA-F65AE7F3895B.jpeg

She is homeeee! I still haven’t fully processed it! We haven’t found any issues other than the steering wheel not being aligned correctly, soonest appointment is 9/15. But everything is is perfect so far! Such a dream to drive!

I understand the frustration both of you are feeling, but I do not understand why you are buying from Tesla if this is pissing you off so much. For all we know they got a boatload (literally) of alloy pedals and/or Uberturbine wheels and the MYP is all they can build right now.

I guarantee you there will be other issues besides delivery prioritization during your Tesla ownership. I’m also sure this is not something they are doing on purpose.

Tom
I doubt thats the case. All the parts are identical except for the suspension, wheels and brakes. I'm thinking this is business decision to compete with the used car market and also make more money in the process. You can see used tesla selling for outrageous amount of money so why not capitalize on that? Im sure they have a production line separately from the LR and it may cost them more money and time to keep changing it out.

Reactions: TrailerParkT
I got my VIN this morning! I just placed my order last Wednesday for a black MYP.

Black interior/ no tow/ no FSD

EDD: Aug 29- Sept 4

My MYLR MSM that I ordered in May has a EDD of Oct 7-28
How can an order from May have an EDD of October. Something is up……ido what it is, but all these cars from May and very few are delivered yet.

I doubt thats the case. All the parts are identical except for the suspension, wheels and brakes. I'm thinking this is business decision to compete with the used car market and also make more money in the process. You can see used tesla selling for outrageous amount of money so why not capitalize on that? Im sure they have a production line separately from the LR and it may cost them more money and time to keep changing it out.
Front Lights and the Front Motor also, so its not all the same

Reactions: racerx2005