Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats! Exactly why I did what I did. I’ve been in two weeks away pergatory on the LR since July and I do really like the P as well. For me it’s a trade off between a smoother ride and slightly more range and driving thrill. Hopefully I’ll be right behind you here soon. Although for you it seems like someone in your delivery area may have backed out on the same spec.
That's a good point about it being someone that may have backed out, or I guess refused delivery? Is there a way to check that with the VIN or is it just a question I should ask them?

Reactions: TESRP
That's a good point about it being someone that may have backed out, or I guess refused delivery? Is there a way to check that with the VIN or is it just a question I should ask them?
Not sure but I’d be willing to bet the SA has an idea just based on deliveries alone. They may be able to confirm. Ask and let us know if you can!

I recieved an email at 2a that said "final balance is now ready" and when I logged into my account this morning I saw I had a VIN for the MYP i ordered on 8/12. EDD now says 8/29-9/4. That seems rather fast if I'm honest but I'll take it. I actually kinda feel guilty because there are so many people waiting for cars and this is something I did as a test. Clearly they are focusing on the MYPs if I can go from order to VIN in a week.
good job FKING TESLA.. 6 days wait for a MYP whereas some people who were waiting more than 100 days for LR don't even have anything.. good job.,

Congrats! Exactly why I did what I did. I’ve been in two weeks away pergatory on the LR since July and I do really like the P as well. For me it’s a trade off between a smoother ride and slightly more range and driving thrill. Hopefully I’ll be right behind you here soon. Although for you it seems like someone in your delivery area may have backed out on the same spec.
You can always swap back to induction wheels and I think you’ll gain most of the range and ride characteristics of the LR back.

For real. I'm not mad/upset with people that get the MYP or switch to it, but that is pure bullshit from Tesla. F*$k Tesla and their prioritization.
I understand the frustration both of you are feeling, but I do not understand why you are buying from Tesla if this is pissing you off so much. For all we know they got a boatload (literally) of alloy pedals and/or Uberturbine wheels and the MYP is all they can build right now.

I guarantee you there will be other issues besides delivery prioritization during your Tesla ownership. I’m also sure this is not something they are doing on purpose.

Tom

I understand the frustration both of you are feeling, but I do not understand why you are buying from Tesla if this is pissing you off so much. For all we know they got a boatload (literally) of alloy pedals and/or Uberturbine wheels and the MYP is all they can build right now.

I guarantee you there will be other issues besides delivery prioritization during your Tesla ownership. I’m also sure this is not something they are doing on purpose.

Tom

While I see exactly what you mean, the reason I'm still buying my Y is because I know the product itself is well worth it and it makes the most sense for my lifestyle/situation. I would bet that after I take delivery (whenever that is) I will forget about all this, but I will warn friends/family that are interested about the ordering process.

I am more inclined to believe they are chasing profit based of previous actions they have done with other members of this forum where they have literally pulled people's VINs right before Q2 ended because it wouldn't get to them before the quarter ended which tells me they wanted to pad numbers for the quarter.

I know some people were complaining a few weeks ago about how long they were on hold waiting for DCU to process their loan documents. Here is my experience.

TL:DR version: I wanted to get 100% financing, with $0 down. Tesla didn't offer that (even with a rate match), so I went with DCU for 1.24%, $0 down, 65 months. Very easy process. Got a check the next day (on a Saturday!) after signing through DocuSign.

---------------------------

I applied for financing with DCU online (super easy) on June 29th. I got an email saying they needed a vehicle purchase agreement to finish processing the loan with a link where I could upload the document. Obviously I didn't have a VIN, so no MVPA yet. My loan application was good for 45 days.

I received my VIN on Day 44 (*phew!). I contacted my SA and had her change my financing from Tesla (Chase) to 3rd party and told her I would be financing 100% with DCU. She put that info in the system and emailed me the MVPA with all of that info included (VIN, DCU as financing party, amounts due, etc).

I quickly uploaded the MVPA to DCU using the link provided. I got a confirmation email that the docs were received by DCU & call the number listed to complete the processing. It was late, so I decided to call the next morning. Friday morning, I called and the hold times were about 45min to 1hr20. The system prompted me if I wanted a call back and it would hold my place in line. Sure enough I got a call back in about an hour and ended up only waiting about on hold for a total of 10 minutes.

The woman I spoke with was extremely helpful and I added GAP insurance for $295 while were were on the phone (since I was financing 100%). She went over the terms and we set up my first auto-draft for 60 days out! She was very familiar with Tesla and asked questions about the design I had chosen. We also discussed whether I wanted to send the money directly to Tesla but I told her I would prefer to have a check to take with me. That wasn't a problem, she would have a check to my house within 1 to 2 biz days. She also said I would get a DocuSign no later than EOB. I think it came through a few hours later. I signed - and within an hour - I had a FedEx tracking number for a next day, Saturday delivery!

Getting a loan from DCU couldn't have been easier and I ended up having a check in hand for my delivery in plenty of time.

This is just my experience, but if you would like a referral to DCU, pls PM me or comment on the post if you are new and can't PM yet.