Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can’t do that, I’m trying to date this person.
Entirely off-topic here, but I can't help myself.

And believe me when I say that I am speaking with 100% sincerely and respect for you. Do you think this is a red flag? I caution you, don't ever settle. There's a lot of good people out there in the dating pool.

Yea mine too! Let me know how that quote comes out to be. I am really excited to meet fellow tesla Georgians (is that what y'all call yourselves down there? lol) when my wife and I move next year (God willing) to the Alpharetta/John's Creek/Suwanee area.
Coming from NJ you'll see a huge cost of living decrease for sure. But Alpha/Johns Creek is definitely the higher end area, so may not see much of a change, ha, but welcome future neighbor?

Not sure what we're supposed to be called? TeslaGAs? Tes-orgrians? We can have a committee meeting at a brewery and discuss! If you have any questions on the area or surrounding areas let me know!

Tesla has a massive amount of demand right now. Not only for their cars, but also for their energy products. They 100% need to work on customer service but a company growing as fast as they are needs to pick-and-choose where the deploy their resources. I’d rather them focus on improving the products and offerings, and staying in front of the competition, rather than constumer service (at this point). I just got solar/powerwall installed and have two MYLR’s on order, and have a M3 currently. Although there have been some frustrations with all of these products, I’m willing to deal with that bc the product is far superior. Once other companies catch up they will need to focus more on customer service but for now I’d rather them put those resrouces into innovation.
I understand it’s frustrating but every car manufacturer that has a “hot” car right now has bad customer service. Prior to ordering my wife’s model Y I tried to get a Kia Telluride for her. They wanted $15k over MSRP. I negotiated to $7,500 and put a $500 deposit down for the next white Telluride in stock. 6 months later no Telluride & just as bad of customer service as Tesla. I’ve been trying to get my son a ps5 for almost a year- only way to get it is pay double retail price.
Point being- if you don’t want to wait or deal with sub-par customer service, then don’t get a Tesla or any other in-demand product. Tesla is pretty accurate in their EDDs, so it’s not like we didn’t know what we were getting into. And Tesla’s lack of customer service & quality control is widely known at this point.
Actually agree with everything you laid out, and it makes a lot of sense. I love that you have solar and powerwall!

The only part I disagree with is "Tesla is pretty accurate in their EDDs". Maybe at one point when demand was fairly stable, but not in summer 2021. EDDs are just wild and totally incongruent with reality. Sometimes a VIN will arrive months before EDD. Other times EDDs will jump a month out and back for no good reason.

Tesla recommended electrician quoted me $2500 and my trusted electrician quoted me $900. Its TeslaTax :p
I am definitely not going with a tesla recommended electrician. Just grabbed the requirements for the outlet off tesla's site and sent it off to an electrician that has had pretty good reviews. Sent to another electrician and they asked me some questions then never followed up

This is just ridiculous already though. I wonder if it all a test to see how far they can push ppl. I friend of my said yesterday that it’s enough to drive the wrong person crazy enough to do something criminal at a dealership. He used other words “_____ up the place.” My eyes get big when he said that, and I got scared a bit inside.

My friend went into the dealer and yelled at every person there, told them how incompetent they were, and to get his car there immediately. Well I tell you the scene was big, I mean it was bad. I thought they were going to call the police. His SA was crying from everything he said…..but they got it M3 there about a week later.

I don’t wanna see something like that happen but it could, people are getting fed up with the wait.

Your friend was making an ass of himself. Do him a favor and tell him that, before his shite catches up to him one day. People like that will mouth off to the wrong individual someday, and it may have a different ending.

The customer is not always right. Huge kudos to the Tesla employees there who had to put up with people like your friend.
I agree with Patrick. Your friend was 100% in the wrong there. No car is worth making another human being cry over wtf. Especially when they don't actually have any information. Great - he got a car a week later. Causing a scene where police were nearly called is not a solution.

This isn't Tesla testing to see how far they can push people. Yeah it's messed up that they're prioritizing the MYP over MYLR, but they're trying to get people their cars. And at the end of the day, it's a damn car.

I'm kinda glad Tesla limits how much information SAs and other individuals have access to. They'd be getting harassed like crazy - even more so than they are already.

Well, I caved in after test driving both the MYP and MYLR today to compare the ride comfort on the bumpiest road I could get to - didn't notice a significant difference. I now have a reservation for MYP - guessing it'll arrive first at this point.

Caved in and reserved a MYP as-well. Let's see which one gets assigned a vin first.
Damn y'all have orders for MYP and MYLRs? Apparently you're all super greedy and inconsiderate according to the Tesla order police (a few pages ago).
But that's just my opinion and I'm allowed to post it. 😂

(for the reference, this is just a joke, some 10+ pages ago, some guy was going off about people who had two orders)

So after no date changes today for the first time in as long as I can remember, my date just now randomly changed to October...got the Distill alert about a change which was weird since it only ever happens around 9:00 eastern like it does for everyone else. Got excited when the notification went off, then immediately had my excitement crushed when the update was that it changed to October... 😭

I sold my Raptor two weeks ago because..... I was two weeks from my EDD. I'm still two weeks from my EDD. Oh you bet I'm first world angry (perspective is still in there though).

I'm also selling a 2020 Raptor. Have had some insane offers from dealerships in the area (after filling out the kbb.com inquiry) that were $5-7k ABOVE what I paid for the Raptor 18 months ago. While it was, and still is very tempting to jump at those offers, I've seen enough from this community to know that until I get the delivery center calling me to schedule my delivery, nothing is set in stone.

Aside from that, the shift from a Raptor to a Tesla is mind boggling for many of my friends. Although that same group couldn't understand why I'd be getting a Raptor when the vehicles I drove leading up to the Raptor were BMW's and Audi's.