Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No change for me today. Today marks 108 days since I ordered.

Still at 9/5-9/19. That's 3 days in a row now where the dates haven't changed. First time this has happened in as long as I can remember. Since at least early July, but I think even before that. I would be a little more excited about getting closer to the EDD of I knew other people still had dates moving. But it seems a lot of us have stalled with no changes.

And no VIN...
My EDD did that right before I got my VIN so maybe you'll get yours soon! I hope so you deserve it.

How close has someone got to their edd without a VIN?

My edd is 9/3-9/18 and I’m checking my account more everyday expecting a vin because of how close I’m getting to the date without it changing everyday like normal. I mean the 3rd is 10 days away. I feel like I should have a vin right now to be honest.
On 8/21 my EDD was 8/21-9/3. On 8/22 EDD switched to October and then I got my VIN.

Can someone point me in right direction to get aftermarket wheels and winter tires for MYP? Will tesla SC mount it for me or do i need to go to 3rd party tire shops to do that? Thanks
I'm eyeing tsportline (TS5 20" in particular). For tires, go with (i) Costco (cheapest, I think tire certificates are included and they often have Michelin rebates), (ii) discount tire co. (they're everywhere and their tire cert prices are reasonable), or (iii) tire rack (never used them, but heard good things and I think tire certs are included. I don't like the idea of going to independent repair shops like Pep Boys/firestone. Would never trust those people with my car.)

Reactions: TESRP and Rovin
I test drove a MYLR at the Knoxville Tesla Service Center and was blown away by the acceleration. Way more than I have ever had in any vehicle I have ever owned. So I agree with you that there is absolutely no need for that. I also, for shits and giggles, looked up pricing for tires on the performance vs long range with 20" induction wheels. I was shocked to see the results. I have seen MYP owners saying they are tearing through tires and only getting 10-20K out of the OEM's. Prices were more than double for a set of four tires between the two models (See attached). Something to think about. I think I am stepping away from the ledge....
Absolutely. If I got a P I'd sell the ubers out for a smaller wheel size to mitigate that. But knowing me I'd probably procrastinate selling the Ubers and then be out another $4k! hah ha

Absolutely. If I got a P I'd sell the ubers out for a smaller wheel size to mitigate that. But knowing me I'd probably procrastinate selling the Ubers and then be out another $4k! hah ha
That could be an option. I watched a YouTube video where a guy traded his ubers for induction with another Y owner with some cash added in. Not a bad swap.

Last edited:
Reactions: TESRP and MBx4

My edd is 9/3-9/18 and I’m checking my account more everyday expecting a vin because of how close I’m getting to the date without it changing everyday like normal. I mean the 3rd is 10 days away. I feel like I should have a vin right now to be honest.
I was within my EDD range and no VIN. All that ended up happening was that my EDD was pushed out again.

Reactions: Brad497 and TESRP

On August 21st, my EDD was Aug 21-Sept 02. On Aug 22nd, my EDD was “October“. Since Aug 23rd, my EDD is Aug25-Sept 11. I have been within 2-3 days of my EDD since the beginning of August.

I looked up the 0-60 times of the LR compared to my current cars to see how much of an improvement I’d feel while I’ve debated switching to a P. My Subaru is probably around 7.5 seconds so the LR is plenty.

I also reminded myself that part of the reason I waited this long to order in the first place was a late year delivery lined up with our financials best…stick to the plan!
what ever you need to tell your self, but remember...... its 1.2sec faster than the LR 🤪 you know am just pulling your leg. Think we can all agree on one thing here, they are bloody fantastic to drive LR or the P

I got my VIN today with my EDD being 8/24-9/6 since Saturday. Was always 3 days away on the front end since 8/12.

Woke up and checked my account like I do every morning and noticed my reservation had the 2021 Tesla Model Y showing.

So obviously our day at the house started out like:
85FC4D6B-8CCD-4F13-BD95-309AF8CCF8D5.gif

I'm eyeing tsportline (TS5 20" in particular). For tires, go with (i) Costco (cheapest, I think tire certificates are included and they often have Michelin rebates), (ii) discount tire co. (they're everywhere and their tire cert prices are reasonable), or (iii) tire rack (never used them, but heard good things and I think tire certs are included. I don't like the idea of going to independent repair shops like Pep Boys/firestone. Would never trust those people with my car.)
I used TireRack for snow tires mounted on wheels for another car, years ago. Their website is quite easy to navigate and you can find tires/wheels for your particular model. The downside is that they drop ship the package to you or your installer, although their website helps you find an installer. TireRack's website also has good resources on analysis of snow tires. Also, I purchased their tire warranty when I bought my snow tires/wheels. That first winter, I hit a pothole and destroyed two tires. The warranty covered it. However, this was many years ago, so you should see how the warranty works now.

I don't know whether the Tesla SC will install third party equipment.

Thanks....Any particular all season tires you recommend...I am looking for 19" tsportline wheels

Yes, they got me again. The last few knife twists before it's hopefully all over. They delayed my delivery window again and widened it considerably. Now I've got to find a way to get one kid to preschool without a car because wife goes back to work after labor day. Just when I think I barely averted the absolute last dates I could allow this to continue past they push it again.

Thanks....Any particular all season tires you recommend...I am looking for 19" tsportline wheels
This is what the TireRack site is really good for: Search tires by vehicle, then select optional size (19") and then in the Category selection, select All-Season from the applicable category (Touring, Performance, Winter/Snow). Here is the link for tires for a 2021 Model Y Performance: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?autoYear=2021&autoMake=Tesla&autoModel=Model+Y+Performance&autoModClar=&width=255/&ratio=45&diameter=19&minSpeedRating=V&sortCode=57500 -- Then check the Category sections for All-Season