Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 4/6,received a VIN yesterday. Also, my SA told me that the car was “born” yesterday as well, then I was matched with the VIN 3 hours after it rolled off of the line.
scheduled for delivery 5/1. Apparently it rides a train to Birmingham AL, then goes on a truck to me in Atlanta. 😃
I feel bad bugging the people at my SC since they are always swamped, but I did call and found that my car was "born" on Wednesday. :D
I'm so freaking excited, I'm actually starting to have trouble sleeping at night. I can't wait for the call/text/email to schedule delivery.

Hi all - long time lurker first time poster.

Ordered LR MY on 4/12 and got my VIN yesterday (04/16). Went ahead and paid for it yesterday as well. Located in Nashville, TN

After I got my VIN, the estimated delivery said April 26 - May 2nd. Called my local sales rep (who is awesome) and he looked into it and saw it was expected to arrive in Nashville on Thur, April 29th (13 days from now). We scheduled an appointment on 04/30.

My question is.. if it gets delivered BEFORE 04/29 do you think they’ll worry about calling to have me come pick it up earlier, or just wait until the scheduled date regardless?

As you can imagine I’m chomping at the bit! Thanks!

Reactions: GVDang
I got the first change since Monday to Estimated 1-10 weeks again. I checked at noon with my SA and no VIN or build date yet. He said could be any day because they are starting to get lots of shipments daily again. He said the VIN is not assigned on the production line but matched to the order after it is released for shipment. Makes sense. I saw two more that came in locally being prepared for pickup that were like my config but had induction wheels. My SA did review my order docs to be sure everything was complete and had me send him a photo of the trade-in license tag to prepare the paperwork for the transfer of tags, When I filled it out they only asked for the tag number but he said they now want a photo of the tag to prepare the papers to save time on the day of the pickup.

While I'm still waiting, I'm excited for others who are getting their long awaited orders filled with VINs.

My question is.. if it gets delivered BEFORE 04/29 do you think they’ll worry about calling to have me come pick it up earlier, or just wait until the scheduled date regardless?
Here the SA calls or text you to let you know. When it arrives, and when the prep is complete.

That’s what I’ve seen on all these threads. I jumped the gun and called him as soon as I got the VIN. I think I may have hurt my chances of getting it sooner, so that’s why I was asking if it gets delivered before the appointment date, will he call?
I’m sort of on your same timeline. Down here in MS (somebody has to be first) but taking delivery in Nashville (pssshh what’s 150 miles?). Ordered 4/9, got VIN yesterday, wrapped up trade-in (not too shabby) and loan (not bad at 1.94). Account says delivery April 25-May 01 ...... but I’m totally unavailable April 27-May02 (zero flexibility) :eek: ..... which kind of leaves only April 26. Really hoping they’re flexible up there at Nashville. Sent my SA(Jason) an email today explaining situation. Who’s yours?

I got the first change since Monday to Estimated 1-10 weeks again. I checked at noon with my SA and no VIN or build date yet. He said could be any day because they are starting to get lots of shipments daily again. He said the VIN is not assigned on the production line but matched to the order after it is released for shipment. Makes sense. I saw two more that came in locally being prepared for pickup that were like my config but had induction wheels. My SA did review my order docs to be sure everything was complete and had me send him a photo of the trade-in license tag to prepare the paperwork for the transfer of tags, When I filled it out they only asked for the tag number but he said they now want a photo of the tag to prepare the papers to save time on the day of the pickup.

While I'm still waiting, I'm excited for others who are getting their long awaited orders filled with VINs.

Here the SA calls or text you to let you know. When it arrives, and when the prep is complete.
Is the build date what determines what new features it comes worth?

I ordered LR MY on 4/5 original date was 5/1 - 5/31. Then the date and range has been shifting every day until two days ago where the dates seem to have settled around 4/16 - 5/7 than last night it shifted again to 4/18 - 5/7.

I think this is how they keep us interested. It is like a game. Smart!!!!

It got here this afternoon, I haven't gone through the checklist yet, so haven't accepted the car, but it's in my garage, I can see it in the app and it's got 12 miles on the ODO. Don't have a proper photo but here's a quick shot before I had to run to pick up my kid from school.

849284FA-F61B-4842-BF30-BBF5D2D8703C_1_105_c.jpeg

Here's a final recap:

4/10 10:23
Order placed, filled out registration info etc

4/10
Estimated Delivery: May 02 - May 22

4/10 04:34:
Estimated Delivery: April 11 - April 24

4/10 16:33
Estimated Delivery: April 12 - April 24

4/12 02:14
Estimated Delivery: April 13- April 24

4/12 14:23
Estimated Delivery: April 14 - April 24

4/13 04:33
Estimated Delivery: April 14 - April 25

4/13 07:03
Estimated Delivery: 6 - 10 weeks from order placed date

4/13 15:13
VIN assigned
Estimated Delivery: April 15 - April 17

4/13 18:13
Estimated Delivery: April 14 - April 17

4/14 08:49
Got text that they will drop off MY in the next 1-3 days, was able to get Tesla insurance quote, paid for everything and setup auto-pay
Webpage status showed Apr. 16, 2021, 9:00am - 6:00pm delivery appointment

4/15 09:10
Tesla called me to go over delivery, gave 4/16 10a-6p window

4/16 16:16
Delivered 🎉

I’m sort of on your same timeline. Down here in MS (somebody has to be first) but taking delivery in Nashville (pssshh what’s 150 miles?). Ordered 4/9, got VIN yesterday, wrapped up trade-in (not too shabby) and loan (not bad at 1.94). Account says delivery April 25-May 01 ...... but I’m totally unavailable April 27-May02 (zero flexibility) :eek: ..... which kind of leaves only April 26. Really hoping they’re flexible up there at Nashville. Sent my SA(Jason) an email today explaining situation. Who’s yours?
Justin! I hope we see each other at the dealership! How cool would that be. What did you end up going with?