Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is your configuration?

I just checked with my SA and he said sometimes it takes a day or two to get from the Fremont staging area after the VIN is assigned to get on the train and might take up to 2 days to get on a truck in Birmingham. He also said your SA can track the car the moment it gets the VIN when across the country on the train with the GPS locator. He still had my shipping tracking on my MS from a year ago. Took 8 days from VIN to arrival.

Long Range AWD, white, induction wheels, tow hitch. It’s true, my SA showed me her computer screen, it showed that the car was already at the rail yard to get loaded on the train. They can tell you where the car is at anytime. Pretty cool.
Thanks Geeky!

What is your configuration?

I just checked with my SA and he said sometimes it takes a day or two to get from the Fremont staging area after the VIN is assigned to get on the train and might take up to 2 days to get on a truck in Birmingham. He also said your SA can track the car the moment it gets the VIN when across the country on the train with the GPS locator. He still had my shipping tracking on my MS from a year ago. Took 8 days from VIN to arrival.

Ordered 04/13/21: 2021 Model Y LR AWD Pearl White & All Black, 5-Seat, 20" Induction Wheels (no tow/FSD)
The day that I ordered and completed my delivery profile, the estimator was showing me "1 to 10 weeks." Later that evening it changed to May 15-June 4. And then the next morning (4/14) it changed to May 11-31 where it has been ever since. I am in LA.

When I ordered I was fully expecting and OK with waiting until the end of June but now I've joined the F5 club.

Checked just now and the window shifted a day forward to May 12 - June 01.
Shifted another day forward to May 13 - June 02.

In northern NJ, Ordered on 3/28/21 my 2021 MY LR AWD Midnight Silver Metallic, White Interior, 5 seat, 20" induction wheels, no tow, FSD upgrade. History of delivery windows:
1-10 weeks
April 24- May 8
April 25- May 9
April 26- May 10
1-10 weeks
May 1- May 12
May 2- May 15
1-10 weeks
May 3- May 8 is the current estimate

In northern NJ, Ordered on 3/28/21 my 2021 MY LR AWD Midnight Silver Metallic, White Interior, 5 seat, 20" induction wheels, no tow, FSD upgrade. History of delivery windows:
1-10 weeks
April 24- May 8
April 25- May 9
April 26- May 10
1-10 weeks
May 1- May 12
May 2- May 15
1-10 weeks
May 3- May 8 is the current estimate
Sorry, May 3- May 18 is the current estimate, not May 8.

Ordered 4/7, SF Bay Area

* MY LR
* Midnight Silver
* Induction Wheels
* 5 Seat
* No Tow
* FSD

Estimated Delivery:
April 8: May 8 - June 8
April 10: May 10 - June 9

On April 11 I get a call from a Sales Agent telling me that I should expect the car in June. I was a bit confused as the delivery dates above looked like I had a higher chance of getting the car in May. I was crossing my fingers for a May date.

April 13: May 13 - June 13
April 17: May 22 - June 21

I've been looking around and what's weird it seems people who have ordered around my time have me got VIN, while others are also in my situation.