Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are these texts normal from Tesla?
It seems to be accurate because of the recent turn of only allowing contactless delivery, but before I clicked the link I wanted to check here with you guys and make sure I wasn't the only one getting some potential random link 😅

Also this text got me super excited at first till I kept reading more lol.
Screenshot_20210901-142825_Messages.jpg

Hello, no changes on my EDD today. I do have a general question for those that have been waiting a while. Did you recertify your financial stuff after it lapsed at the 60 day mark? I have the approval at 2.49% but wasn't sure i wanted to re-run credit right away or wait until i see a VIN? does anyone know if that impacts anything?
I called last week and switched to cash so they wouldn’t run my credit again until I actually have a VIN :)

This here’s a chant
For all the vinless
Wanting our cars
Feeling might winless

Check your account
Delayed E D D
You know what to do
Go for MY P
After reading that I now have O.P.P. stuck in my head.

You down with MYP (Yeah you know me), you down with MYP(Yeah you know me)
You down with MYP (Yeah you know me), who's down with MYP (Every last homie)

Seeking Advice!!!

I just got off of another call to the 888 number to try and clarify what is taking so long for my inventory order to arrive and was told it was due to a "service hold for refurbishing". I was previously told by a different support rep the delay was because of Hurricane Ida.

At this point, I am fed up. I have already provided the down payment, including 2k in transportation fees, and have not heard a peep from my SA. When I try calling my local SC directly I get re-routed to Tesla's general support line and am given some bogus excuse for the delay. Finding out that the vehicle is stalled because it requires refurbishing, which I would have probably never found out about had I not called their team, all feels really shady.

Can anyone suggest what course of action I can take? Should I be concerned about the car being refurbished (for reference, it is not a demo)? Can I request exactly what refurbishing is taking place? Should I just give up and cancel the order?

Any help would be appreciated!! For more context around my inventory delivery experience so far see the post below.
I would cancel since it sounds like the car has problems. If you decide to take it I would look it over with a fine tooth comb. I wouldn't have the patience you have already shown. I rejected my first model 3 and a week later they had a perfect one for me. Maybe you can work something out with them once it arrives, but that could be a long time if it has to go to a body shop for repairs.

I'm about to cancel my MYLR - SA wont respond to questions and EDD has pushed by 2 months again.. Completely frustrated
What's your EDD now? What are the questions you have, if you don't mind me asking?

This thread has slowed down. Some got their VINs for their LR and others switched to P and got their VINs. But they all moved on to happier places now.

My EDD is 10/22-11/11. I can’t complain yet because when I ordered, it was October delivery. I most likely missed this quarter. I wonder what they will include for 4th quarter deliveries.
It definitely has slowed down. I feel like a lot more people are switching to the MYP than before. But I feel like we'll break 2000 pages in a matter of weeks!

Reactions: PatrickTM
Seeking Advice!!!

I just got off of another call to the 888 number to try and clarify what is taking so long for my inventory order to arrive and was told it was due to a "service hold for refurbishing". I was previously told by a different support rep the delay was because of Hurricane Ida.

At this point, I am fed up. I have already provided the down payment, including 2k in transportation fees, and have not heard a peep from my SA. When I try calling my local SC directly I get re-routed to Tesla's general support line and am given some bogus excuse for the delay. Finding out that the vehicle is stalled because it requires refurbishing, which I would have probably never found out about had I not called their team, all feels really shady.

Can anyone suggest what course of action I can take? Should I be concerned about the car being refurbished (for reference, it is not a demo)? Can I request exactly what refurbishing is taking place? Should I just give up and cancel the order?

Any help would be appreciated!! For more context around my inventory delivery experience so far see the post below.
Wow you have a lot more patience than I would have. I would go to the service center where you are picking it up or any showroom and see what they have to say. Usually they can give you more information there and even show you the current location of the car. I did that when getting my X and they were super helpful. Also if it has been repaired don't take delivery and have them find you a replacement. I know with all the shortages it might take longer, but having a perfect car is far less hassle.

I'm at day 80 and my financing info has stayed the same. Would also like to know what the process is. Haven't seen anything about having to re-apply again.
Once I got my vin, i sent and email to them and they responded that the financing needed to renewed and asked for permission to initiate the process being they already had all the info that was needed. A couple mins later was a new financing agreement in my account waiting for me to accept.
It might have been another hard pull but for me no big deal.

Haha and this is part of the reason why when my wife and I have talked about another investment property, Philly is high on the list. I haven't checked recently, but back when I was there they were offering 10 year tax abatements on new properties!
It's getting phased out - but I understand it as new construction with permits by the end of this year will still qualify for the full 10 years. I'll take my unicorn house instead. (Built in 1986 by the owner while the vast vast majority in Philly are 1960s or earlier, or post 2000-junk.

Reactions: TESRP and PatrickTM
Is Tesla really stiffing those who ordered earlier by perpetually delaying their car because they have since increased the price of the car? That would be really an underhanded tactic.
I placed my order on hold in February and released it on June 26th. My cost is $49,990 for a vanilla, white MY. Currently my EDD is from September 16-30. My best EDD was Sep. 8-28. So not much change other than spending a few days in Octoberfest. Of course, I don’t have the car yet so anything’s possible.

Tom

Once I got my vin, i sent and email to them and they responded that the financing needed to renewed and asked for permission to initiate the process being they already had all the info that was needed. A couple mins later was a new financing agreement in my account waiting for me to accept.
It might have been another hard pull but for me no big deal.
Had you initially inactivated your financing?

that's the only thing holding me back too. I'm thinking I switch just my car and the MY to progressive effective on the 13th and not my wife's ICE we're replacing and cancel Geico on the 13th. I don't know if I need to lock in that quote or not.
No need to lock in a quote. Insurance companies aren‘t like cable companies. They don’t run sales or limited time promotions forcing you to “act now!”

Your premium won’t change. Now, over the course of several years it’ll change (generally down), but for all the faults of insurance companies, at least they don’t play around with pricing.

I agree with the cost comment, but I think ~500 mile range is the perfect amount of range for the future and should be the aspiration, especially considering 70-80% charging. I would say this cover 95% of scenarios and significantly reduces stops and will most importantly shut my parents up about how their Outback made it all the way to XYZ without stops :)
500 mile EV would be pretty neat! You bring up charging, which is super important and leads me to the following thoughts:

Overall road trip time is a function of range, efficiency, and charging speed. With those three variables you can calculate the amount of time it’ll take to cover any trip. And to shorten that overall time, there ought be to commensurate improvement in efficiency and charging speed. Improve all three variables generates greatest overall time improvements. I think as an industry the focus is range, because to the uninformed buyer range is what comes to mind first. Usually charging speed and efficiency are listed in the fine print, if at all.