Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Visited the Richmond VA SC today & they have a TON of vehicles onsite to be delivered (looks like the EOQ rush is in full effect). Went to see if my SA sees the same November delivery timeframe that I do. Unfortunately for me, he sees November too. Was really hoping he still saw October which is what he told me before & since that was the original projection when I ordered. Guess on the bright side I’ll most likely have a 2022 VIN. 😐

Visited the Richmond VA SC today & they have a TON of vehicles onsite to be delivered (looks like the EOQ rush is in full effect). Went to see if my SA sees the same November delivery timeframe that I do. Unfortunately for me, he sees November too. Was really hoping he still saw October which is what he told me before & since that was the original projection when I ordered. Guess on the bright side I’ll most likely have a 2022 VIN. 😐
Did you get an impression that SA knows better than what's on the site. So far, none of the folks SA, folks at my DC, another DC, on the phone gave me any addln information than what I know except one case and it turned out to be grossly wrong. This give me impression that they know jack sugar 💩:mad:

you never know ... Elon Musk wants employees to brace for 'biggest wave in Tesla history' in Q3

Eh, there is a lot to screw up too, like determining whether you have the remaining bandwidth /amperage in your panel to spare, which gauge wire to use, whether to use romex , metal clad or metal conduit, if conduit which size to use, which ampacity chart to use (60C, 75C or 90C), GFCI or not, etc etc. You can run some wires and probably end up with something that works, or maybe you have something that runs hot becuase you didn't use the correct wire, or maybe you were pretty well maxed out on your panel and your main breaker is tripping. And there are all kinds of areas in between, maybe it works well for several years but you mated copper to aluminum incorrectly and over time the connection fails. For something like this, I don't think it's reasonable to discourage someone from using a professional. If you know what you're doing, that's great, but there is value in hiring a pro for even what should be a simple job.
knowing myself, I would definitely screw it up!

No way I am taking this task upon myself. Anything else, I am always up for a challenge, but no sir not this one.
If I can think that I can afford the MY, I very well should be able to afford the Nema installation as well. 🤷‍♀️

Hello my lovely VIN seekers. This May 31 orderer is now over 100 days waiting with an EDD this month. I’m now 2 days away from my delivery 9/11-30 range while solidly maintaining my grip on VINlessness!

I’m refreshing my screen less. It’s part of the 10 step program that could lead me to, say, a Polestar 2.

Nu?

lmao!
I am a she and very fond of my house, which I actually bought 2 weeks ago 😁
I hope and plan to keep it for many years, as the shape it is in currently. 😀
I should have known. Us guys are all like "hold my beer, I've got this ⚡☠️" while ladies have the sense to pause and be all "wait wait wait. Maybe I shouldn't try touching the metal sparky bits."

I should have known. Us guys are all like "hold my beer, I've got this ⚡☠️" while ladies have the sense to pause and be all "wait wait wait. Maybe I shouldn't try touching the metal sparky bits."
Lol!

I am, in fact, not a typical lady. I am more of a male mentality, born into a female body lol.

I would be the first one, at least in the ladies in my family, to do the equivalent of "Hold my beer" lol.

MYLR5 Blue/white/inductions in SLC

For those who purchased inventory, how much was shipping across the country?

So... I am the one that snagged this model this morning! I got sick of refreshing my current order and with longest EDD date of Nov 7th, I thought 'F*** IT'. This was my config except Blue instead of Midnight Silver, which was my second choice anyway. C'mon team blue!

Profile complete, new lease agreement arranged, VIN assigned, new EDD 19-22 Sep 🤪

So... I am the one that snagged this model this morning! I got sick of refreshing my current order and with longest EDD date of Nov 7th, I thought 'F*** IT'. This was my config except Blue instead of Midnight Silver, which was my second choice anyway. C'mon team blue!

Profile complete, new lease agreement arranged, VIN assigned, new EDD 19-22 Sep 🤪
what are you planning on doing with your Nov order?

Congrats! You won’t regret it! I couldn’t wait that long either!!! 🚘

lol, I'm a guy and I'm still hiring someone. The older I get, the more I realize not only is there value in hiring a pro for their expertise, there's value in hiring a pro just for the simple fact that it's not me doing it. It's not me making minimum 3 trips to Home Depot (1.) to get the stuff I didn't realize I needed, or got the wrong size of. It's not me uncovering all of the weird *sugar* the previous owner might have done and having to figure out how best to move forward.

1. I think there is an unwritten law of threes in home improvement, that no matter how small the job, it requires at least three trips to the Home Depot to complete the first time you attempt something.