Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wait, what? I've passed on several inventory MYP's because they had FSD. Are you saying FSD can be removed at purchase?
It worked for me. There was a big blue button to remove FSD on the page that shows the vin. Removing FSD was the easiest part of the purchase process. I regret not pausing to take a screenshot of the button. If you go this route, maybe you could take a screen shot to show the button to others.

How would you figure out transportation charges? Is that known upfront or after placing order?
I learned today if you click "Buy Now" on an inventory/demo vehicle from Tesla's website, it'll prompt you for your zip code then it shows your new transportation fee. All well before putting payment info in.

You can try it on the Honolulu MYLR7/red/white/Gemini in inventory now.

How would you figure out transportation charges? Is that known upfront or after placing order?
Click the buy button, and then put in your ZIP CODE and it will spit out the delivery fee (no deposit necessary).

1631215679494.png

I can be handy, but I am afraid I will blow the electricity on the first try lol. I am known to make a boo boo on the first attempt, at anything!! Lol.

Just installed bidet sprays in four bathrooms and two stopped filling properly. Needed to tighten the fill valves from the inside.... 🤦‍♀️😂
Like how can an external install, mess up an internal one. Only I can manage to pull that off...... 🤣
It is really not bad at all. Run wire from A to B and tighten the wires between some wire lugs. Two hots and one ground. That’s all there is.

$750+ for a basic install is crazy to pay when it’s such a simple project. The only danger is when you’re playing in the power panel. Just turn it all off before you start and you’re good.

Reactions: GoGators!
Hah that Hawaii Red MY has been up all day. They let you put in your destination but I think its crazy to allow that to ship out. Delivery would take awhile.
Now there is MSM

$2000 shipping to bay area, thanks but no thanks

It is really not bad at all. Run wire from A to B and tighten the wires between some wire lugs. Two hots and one ground. That’s all there is.

$750+ for a basic install is crazy to pay when it’s such a simple project. The only danger is when you’re playing in the power panel. Just turn it all off before you start and you’re good.
Eh, there is a lot to screw up too, like determining whether you have the remaining bandwidth /amperage in your panel to spare, which gauge wire to use, whether to use romex , metal clad or metal conduit, if conduit which size to use, which ampacity chart to use (60C, 75C or 90C), GFCI or not, etc etc. You can run some wires and probably end up with something that works, or maybe you have something that runs hot becuase you didn't use the correct wire, or maybe you were pretty well maxed out on your panel and your main breaker is tripping. And there are all kinds of areas in between, maybe it works well for several years but you mated copper to aluminum incorrectly and over time the connection fails. For something like this, I don't think it's reasonable to discourage someone from using a professional. If you know what you're doing, that's great, but there is value in hiring a pro for even what should be a simple job.

I can be handy, but I am afraid I will blow the electricity on the first try lol. I am known to make a boo boo on the first attempt, at anything!! Lol.

Just installed bidet sprays in four bathrooms and two stopped filling properly. Needed to tighten the fill valves from the inside.... 🤦‍♀️😂
Like how can an external install, mess up an internal one. Only I can manage to pull that off...... 🤣
lol, ok, maybe you should hire a professional. Don't want the house to burn down. lol

Eh, there is a lot to screw up too, like determining whether you have the remaining bandwidth /amperage in your panel to spare, which gauge wire to use, whether to use romex , metal clad or metal conduit, if conduit which size to use, which ampacity chart to use (60C, 75C or 90C), GFCI or not, etc etc. You can run some wires and probably end up with something that works, or maybe you have something that runs hot becuase you didn't use the correct wire, or maybe you were pretty well maxed out on your panel and your main breaker is tripping. And there are all kinds of areas in between, maybe it works well for several years but you mated copper to aluminum incorrectly and over time the connection fails. For something like this, I don't think it's reasonable to discourage someone from using a professional. If you know what you're doing, that's great, but there is value in hiring a pro for even what should be a simple job.

All of that info can be found with a quick google, or consult with the AHJ for your area. There isn’t a secret book of knowledge that electricians use. The electrical codes are easily found publicly. And wire is just wire, and conduit is no more difficult than putting together a lego or erector set. Once you have all the correctly sized pieces it just goes together like the instructions in the manual say.

Electricians would rather you call them because they can charge $1000 labor for an easy one hour job, if you are an uninformed/undereducated homeowner.

Reactions: Vin_L

Now here is the key part.....turn it off! lol. 🤣

I almost electrocuted myself, many many years ago, while replacing my aunt's ceiling fan. I forgot to turn the power off from the main switchboard.....

I am not an electrician, in my defense..... 😬

Reactions: collaGOunltd
All of that info can be found with a quick google, or consult with the AHJ for your area. There isn’t a secret book of knowledge that electricians use. The electrical codes are easily found publicly. And wire is just wire, and conduit is no more difficult than putting together a lego or erector set. Once you have all the correctly sized pieces it just goes together like the instructions in the manual say.

Electricians would rather you call them because they can charge $1000 for an easy one hour job, if you are an uninformed/undereducated homeowner.
Sure, but there is value in hiring someone whose job it is to know these things and is licensed, and it's insurance adjustor's jobs to find reasons to not pay out on electrical fire claims.

very well put. I am not going to risk with electrical :)

Reactions: loggedout