Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Laughing out loud at the male/female comments.

a female who skews male in many ways and I definitely touch the sparkly bits. I’ve said it elsewhere on this thread but my 14-50 did actually spark when I fussed with it and the fire department paid me a visit. They were good natured about it and even asked a few Tesla questions. I felt bad for causing them to dedicate time to me.

I doubt that..... Remember the wave they had post "Vision Only" conversion when many many DC's had a ton of cars on their lots just waiting for updates and then they pushed them all out for delivery? Let us never forget that delivery wave....

1631228199807.png

I should have known. Us guys are all like "hold my beer, I've got this ⚡☠️" while ladies have the sense to pause and be all "wait wait wait. Maybe I shouldn't try touching the metal sparky bits."
wow, in such a simple form this helped me understand my own mentality vs my wife's. And I'm not sure if it's for better or for worse, but I've been trying to teach my daughter everything I know and to take risks (categorized as a new challenging job without all the experience required, as opposed to re-wiring the house with no experience) and figure things out

My source-less guess is that Fremont is switching entirely to MYP and Austin will be LR.

Why?
- estimates shot through Q4.
- what caused their demand to skyrocket? I propose demand is actually steady and they're just planning on delivering fewer LR MY in Q4. This would support the Austin ramp-up.
- the craziest Q3 push, according to Elon, is to slightly offset that decrease.
- Fremont being completely P allows them to deliver them ASAP, despite overall lower demand, to further offset the Austin ramp-up

Therefore, (downvote away), October and early November are going to be extra slow months for LR VINs for all regions.

*dodges tomatoes*
I suspect the opposite. Why? MYP is lower volume, which can be met by Austin alone as it ramps up. Tesla needs to get revenue in TX (out of CA).
Further, the MYP will likely get both F+R megacasts AND Structural battery packs first. Austin will be tooled for that from the start.
Could be with 2170 batteries. 4680 isn't in sight yet.
Fremont will keep pumping out MYLR until brief shutdown around Christmas for re-tooling to MY V2.0 builds (F+R megacasts, structural battery packs)

In short, keep volume MY manufacturing going in Fremont
Shuffle lower volume MYP to Austin where there's less pressure to build fast.

• Informative
Reactions: loggedout
lol, I'm a guy and I'm still hiring someone. The older I get, the more I realize not only is there value in hiring a pro for their expertise, there's value in hiring a pro just for the simple fact that it's not me doing it. It's not me making minimum 3 trips to Home Depot (1.) to get the stuff I didn't realize I needed, or got the wrong size of. It's not me uncovering all of the weird *sugar* the previous owner might have done and having to figure out how best to move forward.

1. I think there is an unwritten law of threes in home improvement, that no matter how small the job, it requires at least three trips to the Home Depot to complete the first time you attempt something.
Hahaha this is so spot on. As I am in the process of making my foundation look nicer after a new patio was put in......

3 different router heads to rout out the small cracks from settling - Dremel didnt work at all, impact driver worked great, but first bit was a V-shape rout. Read the cement instructions later and it wants anything but a V-shape. Find out after that that I should be using a bonding agent to mix in rather than water so it will stick to the existing concrete. The finished product will all be painted so no one will ever see this, but what a pain and couldn't agree more on the 3 trip minimum.

I have 2 questions on FSD and just the general safety systems in a Tesla:

1. Would the car stop without Autopilot or FSD active if a person runs in front of the car? In my test drive I didn't see any indication on the screen that the car noticed people near the road

2. Let's say I live on a busy blind corner that people take really fast. If FSD were active as I am pulling out of the driveway, and it saw a car barreling around the corner, would it....stop? speed up? stop and back up?

Yeah, I don’t know, there’s a little more to it than that. There’s likely a common leg you have to land as well. Ground and common aren’t really the same inside your breaker box. You’ll have two hots, a common and a ground to connect. I’m not an electrician but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Plus my next door neighbor is a licensed electrician and helped me get mine taken care of. But seriously, if you’re not confident getting your hands in a breaker box, hire a pro…
In the Gen 3 wall charger, it does not use a neutral line. Just two hots (red and black) and one ground. If you’re replacing a 240 outlet that has a neutral with a wall charger, you just cap the neutral off with a wire nut. It’s about as easy as you can get. Cheaper that way too, since you don’t have to buy an extra copper wire or gfci breaker.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vin_L
I'd hang onto it until you have the car in hand. Thats what I'm doing with my order vs my inventory order, should be picking up the inventory order in about 1 week, but just in case I'm hanging onto my other order, if I take delivery and its all good, I'll cancel it.
This is so smart. You’re not losing anything by hanging on to the original order and even if they build the original car and you don’t take it, maybe you make someone else’s day because it’s a match for their order and they get it way sooner!! And then on the chance something does go sideways with the inventory car, you’ve still got your original in your pocket and don’t have to go to the back of the queue all over

Laughing out loud at the male/female comments.

a female who skews male in many ways and I definitely touch the sparkly bits. I’ve said it elsewhere on this thread but my 14-50 did actually spark when I fussed with it and the fire department paid me a visit. They were good natured about it and even asked a few Tesla questions. I felt bad for causing them to dedicate time to me.
Off topic, but I always have a good laugh when my husband explains (“mansplains” 🤷🏻‍♀️) various connectors as the “male end” or “female end”. We just had one such conversation about a USB to USB-C connector and I told him “you know, this is 2021 and connectors are free to be whoever they want to be” 😂😂 he was not amused 🤷🏻‍♀️

wow, in such a simple form this helped me understand my own mentality vs my wife's. And I'm not sure if it's for better or for worse, but I've been trying to teach my daughter everything I know and to take risks (categorized as a new challenging job without all the experience required, as opposed to re-wiring the house with no experience) and figure things out
Definitely for the better. I read a great book over the summer that called this generation of kids the “instant gratification generation” and detailed all the reasons that we need to give them opportunities to learn things the hard way. You will have raised a human that will be a benefit to society by teaching her to take those chances and develop solutions.