Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First time in the EDD ring, 9/16 - 9/30. Well, I am prepared to be knocked out, will enter again and again, Q4..Q1...till I VIN!

Talked to an SA over phone, just in case they got any updates for me, it's been a while haven't spoken to one, it was different SA this time unlike before 3 times I was connected to same individual, anyway, NO, they see what I see, nothing more.

Reactions: PatrickTM
First time in the EDD ring, 9/16 - 9/30. Well, I am prepared to be knocked out, will enter again and again, Q4..Q1...till I VIN!

Talked to an SA over phone, just in case they got any updates for me, it's been a while haven't spoken to one, it was different SA this time unlike before 3 times I was connected to same individual, anyway, NO, they see what I see, nothing more.
Good luck, hopefully, this time you will get a VIN...

Excited for my first Tesla! I keep seeing posts of people who have ordered in September and already had an EDD. I order my White MYLR with Black interior and 19" wheels on 8/24 and completed my profile about two weeks later, but still get the message "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration." Is that normal for most people? And do you normally get a text or something when they assign your EDD?
The EDD is exactly that: an estimate. If you follow it closely in your account, it will make you crazy. I'm a long-timer (May 31 OD) and I still don't have my car. I posted a summary of my EDDs in this post, in case you want to see an example of the "journey."
EDD post

Cool! Both spouses on TMC! Neat.

My other half has absolutely zero interest in what goes on in here with my fake online friends.
Ha! I can totally relate as I am a huge car enthusiast at heart. This is literally the first car we've purchased that she's actually been 110% engaged and excited about getting. All the others have received the typical "it will get me from point A to point B" response lmao. So I am excited that she can finally understand how I typically feel about a new car!!

Hey Everybody, I think the Wife (collaGOunltd) has kept our reservation and progress up to date on this thread, but figured id finally join up since we are about to D Day for it. We're getting excited!!
You guys might be the first husband and wife team I have seen on here! Congratulations.

Yikes, sorry to hear that.
Like @PNWLeccy said, they absolutely can get you another VIN very quickly, without sending you to the back of queue and treat you like a new order. It's happened to several people here over the past few months. But I would double check with your SA to make sure that's the case.
I hope so, DA did mention something about being top priority. I still have the same RN, just no delivery info at the moment. Really hope for end of sept delivery, it may be possible with Tesla trying to get as many vehicles delivered by end of month to reflect in this quarter's numbers.

On this thread anyway... TMC certainly has couples. It's really fun. <3

I sure hope she continues to post even after we get the car. Im sure I will be on here quite a bit moving forward, as ive always found forum's to still be the absolute best way to learn things, compared to all the other social media platforms.

You guys might be the first husband and wife team I have seen on here! Congratulations.
Typically I'm the one that is always stuck on forums...lots and lots of forums, so it was awesome to see her take initiative and sign up for this one! #proudhusbandmoment 🥲

I sure hope she continues to post even after we get the car. Im sure I will be on here quite a bit moving forward, as ive always found forum's to still be the absolute best way to learn things, compared to all the other social media platforms.

Typically I'm the one that is always stuck on forums...lots and lots of forums, so it was awesome to see her take initiative and sign up for this one! #proudhusbandmoment 🥲
what's your order info?

I hope so, DA did mention something about being top priority. I still have the same RN, just no delivery info at the moment. Really hope for end of sept delivery, it may be possible with Tesla trying to get as many vehicles delivered by end of month to reflect in this quarter's numbers.
Keep us posted on when you get an EDD assigned again! And the whole progress as you take delivery a second time around. I'm very interested. Hope you get VIN very, very soon.

Did you have to make a special request for top priority VIN assignment or was the standard operating procedure for the DA/DS?

Alright, finally getting around to updating. We picked up my wife's MY today at Tampa. So so in terms of smoothness.
First, we found out our trade was valued $800 more than was used for our order yesterday and Tesla was having issues applying the updated trade in. Got there this morning and they wanted us to sign and go. Good thing I had a print out of the valuation because the delivery guy had no clue what was happening. He had to go do something to fix that which took over an hour!!! We used that time to inspect the car.
Everything was fine for the most part. A 1cm scratch on the bumper, the rear bumper paint was mismatched, looked cream compared to the body, a scratch on one of the inside door panels and they left tape in 3 different parts of the roof and a strip of rubber hanging out in one of the side trunk spaces. Service ticket is in for those but no dates till a month away.
The delivery guy came to look at the trunk rubber, took a picture and said he was going to check on what it was. After 30 mins of waiting, we go look for him to ask what's up. He was like "oh you can leave, you're good to go". Like what happened to giving us an update on what you were checking and we never even processed the trade in at that time. They hadn't taken the old keys or switched plates. Took about 3 hours in total. 16 new cars showed up while we were there, mostly white MYLRs, a few MYPs and a couple 3s.

One thing's been bugging us though. The car makes this loud hum whenever you do anything. Open the door and the hum starts even after you leave. I haven't waited enough to see when it stops but it's annoying, It's pretty loud and changes pitch often. We put that in the service ticket too.

Now that the first order is here, time to flip my signature and continue the waiting game for mine.

Alright, finally getting around to updating. We picked up my wife's MY today at Tampa. So so in terms of smoothness.
First, we found out our trade was valued $800 more than was used for our order yesterday and Tesla was having issues applying the updated trade in. Got there this morning and they wanted us to sign and go. Good thing I had a print out of the valuation because the delivery guy had no clue what was happening. He had to go do something to fix that which took over an hour!!! We used that time to inspect the car.
Everything was fine for the most part. A 1cm scratch on the bumper, the rear bumper paint was mismatched, looked cream compared to the body, a scratch on one of the inside door panels and they left tape in 3 different parts of the roof and a strip of rubber hanging out in one of the side trunk spaces. Service ticket is in for those but no dates till a month away.
The delivery guy came to look at the trunk rubber, took a picture and said he was going to check on what it was. After 30 mins of waiting, we go look for him to ask what's up. He was like "oh you can leave, you're good to go". Like what happened to giving us an update on what you were checking and we never even processed the trade in at that time. They hadn't taken the old keys or switched plates. Took about 3 hours in total. 16 new cars showed up while we were there, mostly white MYLRs, a few MYPs and a couple 3s.

One thing's been bugging us though. The car makes this loud hum whenever you do anything. Open the door and the hum starts even after you leave. I haven't waited enough to see when it stops but it's annoying, It's pretty loud and changes pitch often. We put that in the service ticket too.

Now that the first order is here, time to flip my signature and continue the waiting game for mine.
Congrats!!!! Someone had mentioned the hum before. Hopefully those with experience will chime in. Vaguely remember that it resolves automatically in few days?