Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just completed home delivery - took 30min to sign papers, pay for car and do a brief walkthrough (I had a 2019 Model 3 so not much to go over). Haven't gone through the delivery checklist yet but looks good! PPF on rear doors but no front mud flaps (they ran out and said to file a ticket and they'll come out to install them). It's been fun checking the forum over the past four months...excited for everyone to get their VINs/cars!
This blue is stunning! 🤩

Reactions: GoRun26 and kjyam99
I despise dealerships and the traditional method of purchasing a car. I'm willing to pay a premium to avoid that process and I'm not alone. This is why companies like Carvana exist despite selling used cars on the high end of retail. This benefits us too because they are purchasing cars on the low end of retail instead of trade or wholesale value. The market is willing to bear it.
I remember walking into one of my local Toyota dealer shopping for a new car, for my wife who is a new driver, and all the sales were wearing LV belts or LV scarves. Wouldn’t give any info about the RAV4 without us first giving them our phone number, last name, address, email. We left.

My wife grew up in NYC so had no need to drive until we moved to the suburbs. She did mention that her next car will be a premium or luxury brand because the service is definitely better. She noticed a difference when I purchased or shopped Bimmers,Volvo, Audi. We ended up buying a CX-5. Service was good. Just no loaners. Great car though.

Regardless of how good of service a stealership provides, I still despise it. I just can’t trust a car sales person. The car purchasing experience is archaic. Even worse now with the limited inventory.

I think you’re new here. If you stick around, you’ll find that while this is titled as a thread for Current Delivery Times and that is discussed, we often get off-topic. A lot of us have been here through the entire delivery process, yet choose to hang around this particular thread for the camaraderie and knowledge that’s shared here. If you need people to stay strictly “on topic”, maybe this isn’t the thread for you 🤷🏻‍♀️
You are absolutely correct: I am new here, to this thread at least, but have been on the forums since May of 2016. I was anxious at that time about delivery of my S and we had threads about orders and VINs and rumors. I waited for about 6 weeks for my MS and it was a long, agonizing wait. But I also spent that time in the "waiting room" thread where we shared stuff like you all are doing.
I came to this thread hoping to glean some info on when my MY might be delivered as I ordered in July. But, as I found out, this really isn't a thread about current delivery times but rather something like a waiting room. So, have at it I don't care what you talk about. But, I figured you were all new to the forums and tried to politely suggest much of the information you are looking for is elsewhere. And so, I too, will have to search elsewhere for current delivery times. But I assume you understand the confusion.

I tried to put my oldest in the back with his booster seat, and I just didn't like the fact the seat slid around... He is 5 and pretty tall and can almost sit back there with no car seat. Got one of these delivered today to try.

It basically is a booster seat that instead of raising the child up to be in the right belt position, it pulls the belt down to the child... We will see if it works.
What??? Please do post back if it works. Very interesting

Reactions: collaGOunltd
You are absolutely correct: I am new here, to this thread at least, but have been on the forums since May of 2016. I was anxious at that time about delivery of my S and we had threads about orders and VINs and rumors. I waited for about 6 weeks for my MS and it was a long, agonizing wait. But I also spent that time in the "waiting room" thread where we shared stuff like you all are doing.
I came to this thread hoping to glean some info on when my MY might be delivered as I ordered in July. But, as I found out, this really isn't a thread about current delivery times but rather something like a waiting room. So, have at it I don't care what you talk about. But, I figured you were all new to the forums and tried to politely suggest much of the information you are looking for is elsewhere. And so, I too, will have to search elsewhere for current delivery times. But I assume you understand the confusion.
So as not to run you off, you will get a lot of information on delivery times on here as well. I started on this forum in 2015 for my S, but as you can tell things were much different because “long” wait times were 6 to maybe 8 weeks, now we have some who are at 7 months. You will see there is a range, seemingly 90-110 for delivery. However, there are many who have had much longer (“oldest” still waiting I have seen ordered mid-May). With the waits being so long we commiserate together, and in our joint empathy we discuss other things as well. The other discussions usually pick up when VINs are slow

Definitely more of a waiting room. Welcome! Despite the reception to your post, everyone here is helpful and friendly. We are more boasting amongst ourselves how easily distracted we all are than attacking you.

We do chat EDDs, the "hooray I got a VIN and didn't retain any of the previous chatter so now what" posts (which I will almost certainly pile on when my time comes), delivery experiences, and some graduates, too! EDDs are all over the place but July orders seem to be late October to early December. 90-120 days from last profile update/change, with certain outliers receiving significant sympathy from the crowd. Despite not having much obvious impact on EDD, your configuration is useful because we're curious and always trying to discern the discernible. 1800+ pages summarized in a few sentences.

This is pretty helpful, and lets you make an educated guess based on the reported experiences of others.

One of the fun games we play in here is EDD tracking. The EDD will bounce around (sometimes daily) and it can be hilarious and anxiety inducing, depending on the direction it’s moving. Usually your first EDD at time of order is somewhat accurate. Sometimes, someone is a month or more away from EDD and a VIN drops into their lap.

With each EDD change, and each VIN announcement, everyone here will try to over-analyze the meaning behind it. Are they producing X color? Is Austin delayed? Is LR getting LED matrix lights? Passenger lumbar? We all know very little individually, but get a fairly clear picture as a whole when everyone contributes. But there’s just not that much change happening with our orders every day, not much to contribute, so we share bits of our own lives to help pass the time with other excited Tesla enthusiasts. Stick around, I bet you’ve got some stories to share too, or some wisdom about Tesla ownership. For instance, I predict next week the debate between UMC vs Wall Connector will return!

PS: everyone on here is very friendly and understanding of others’ situations. We don’t take everything too seriously.

Alright, alright, alright...Home delivery in about 5 hrs! Been working with the SA to switch my Tesla financing to cash, with DCU listed, so I could get the rate match. Then switch back to Tesla financing to complete the paperwork. Tesla has been great, so far.

Besides the 1.5 - 2hr hold time with DCU to confirm the loan, it's all coming together.
Woot woot!! 🎉

Reactions: PatrickTM
My two cents on the whole lets just talk about Order Production and Delivery. I think it is clear wait times are long and therefore the topic digresses and that is how we commiserate with each other by sharing a little of our unique stories. It gave me a feeling of " we are all in this together" despite some of us waiting and being strung along for more than 7 months. I found it valuable to share my experience with Order Production and Delivery but I also found everyone's input on a myriad of other topics encouraging, helpful and hopeful - even the over the top conspiracies. My experience from order to delivery was simple, linear and almost as predicated by my SA on day one so I feel less scarred by the process. If I can provide moral support or humor to those who are less fortunate in their Order Production and Delivery process I hope I can.... ok, as said by a great TMC member early on........ I will let me self out.

Lol it is frustrating when you want to skip through the lateral discussions to get to delivery and EDD related posts but it’s what it is haha
It’s a public forum and anyone can post anything at anytime lol I don’t stay glued to the thread but when I get back it can be difficult to trace back the discussion you have been following. Maybe someday some genius software guy will introduce an option to screen posts with some tags lol so that everyone can continue whatever they want to discuss and everyone can chose to read what they want lol I personally enjoy reading through the discussions though. Good luck everyone with the deliveries and EDDs!!!

Definitely more of a waiting room. Welcome! Despite the reception to your post, everyone here is helpful and friendly. We are more boasting amongst ourselves how easily distracted we all are than attacking you.

We do chat EDDs, the "hooray I got a VIN and didn't retain any of the previous chatter so now what" posts (which I will almost certainly pile on when my time comes), delivery experiences, and some graduates, too! EDDs are all over the place but July orders seem to be late October to early December. 90-120 days from last profile update/change, with certain outliers receiving significant sympathy from the crowd. Despite not having much obvious impact on EDD, your configuration is useful because we're curious and always trying to discern the discernible. 1800+ pages summarized in a few sentences.
I personally like to check this forum and then the google doc to see where everyone is at Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker

it is fun to see what regions/states are getting what batches shipped when.

I come here more to check on the EDD and delivery of others while realizing my EDD is overweight and does not want to move....... 😒
Whereas it is easier to understand the "Current Delivery Times" by looking at the signature of the posters and going from there, granted they are up to date.
What made you and your brother order cars together? Sorry if I missed it.

Just completed home delivery - took 30min to sign papers, pay for car and do a brief walkthrough (I had a 2019 Model 3 so not much to go over). Haven't gone through the delivery checklist yet but looks good! PPF on rear doors but no front mud flaps (they ran out and said to file a ticket and they'll come out to install them). It's been fun checking the forum over the past four months...excited for everyone to get their VINs/cars!
Man it looks amazing. Also you are lucky to get the rear door PPF!!! That’s so nice of them to add that. Don’t think any car manufacturers add that without additional price

Reactions: kjyam99
So I do have one concern about the full body cast from Austin. What happens in a fender bender where a small piece needs to be replaced? In the current build, even with the single cast in the rear, there are still 70 pieces welded together that makes it a little easier to order specific parts. How do you order a part of the frame in a single full body? Will this lead to MYs being totaled for something that could have been fixable? Plus that could also mean higher insurance premiums?
Just a thought. That's the only thing I'm not excited about Austin for.
I think it’s safe to say the crumple zone will eat the impact in an accident well before the casting does. If an accident occurs where the casting is damaged, that vehicle will most likely be totaled regardless of how many pieces the casting is composed of.

I come here more to check on the EDD and delivery of others while realizing my EDD is overweight and does not want to move....... 😒
Whereas it is easier to understand the "Current Delivery Times" by looking at the signature of the posters and going from there, granted they are up to date.
This 👆

Our signatures say a lot more than any rubbish we talk. The more pages we add each day the more variety signatures one finds, something they can use to paint their EDD.

PS: @Oldguywaits is watching, better we keep our signature in check 😉

What made you and your brother order cars together? Sorry if I missed it.
I think he was a bit jelly and couldn't not have a Tesla while I had one lol (is that even proper English I spoke), when we usually have similar cell phones, TV, gadgets etc. Younger siblings I tell ya 😜. Plus at worst case scenario, he was gonna be out 100 bucks if he decided not to keep it. That's why he ordered, but wasn't interested in getting the car tbh. Never once did he check his account or EDD since the order. I decided to check and things were chaotic since.

He wanted a new car when I got my Rav about two years ago, but he was still studying and wanted to wait for his graduation and a job in his field, before he made a big investment. He had been driving my old Corolla for the past 6 years and had no payments so he was happy with that, while he was in school. But now that he has been working for a while, he decided he would give it a shot, plus he is getting some $$ for the corolla as well. Nothing in comparison to what he is spending though.

Last edited: