Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you. I will order it this week then pending my final decision on exact built.
Just make sure your profile is complete when you submit your order, otherwise you may get pushed further out for delivery. Insurance is not the critical part, and choose cash for payment. Don't choose finance right now, even if that's your plan.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Hey @PhillyGal what are your thoughts using FSD for a pretty good length of time?

Reason I ask: for my issues, I finally got the service center to take my car in. They gave me a model 3 p with FSD enabled so I've been testing it out before my purchase. One of the biggest issues I've seen is on a 2 lane road (1 lane each way) with median, and turning Lanes. It seems to ALWAYS try to take me into the turning Lanes

I don't plan to use it full time of course, but it is something that makes it basically unusable on roads around me. Do you mostly use it on highways and do you feel it's better there?

My commute isn't at all FSD friendly. I do all city streets to work and half city/half highway home but on a stretch of I-95 that's in the middle of major contraction (read: planned 15+ year project). Lines and barriers are all over the place so I don't trust a car to navigate it.

When I go on long trips or highways not under construction I do use it, but rarely FSD since I rarely take the Model 3. I have years of experience using AP 1.0 on highways and long trips. I found it still operates wonderfully for those applications. I did kick in FSD on a recent long trip to South Dakota a lot - since we took the 3 on that trip - and found it perfect for those sparsely populated highways with plenty of room and clear line markings.

I never got an SA but called today for the first time curiously since I'm in my EDD. They told me my build date was scheduled for 10/11. I know people have had wildly varying results as to whether any info like that is actually close (or maybe even just made up), but it's another data point for whatever that's worth.

Ok so it looks like some light and the end of the tunnel. I called again and somebody else confirms that my car should be at the delivery center at coral gables Florida October 26th, and I should be receiving a VIN on the 11th... should I trust this info?
anyone with the same experience?

I never got an SA but called today for the first time curiously since I'm in my EDD. They told me my build date was scheduled for 10/11. I know people have had wildly varying results as to whether any info like that is actually close (or maybe even just made up), but it's another data point for whatever that's worth.
that's crazy... how would they even know that!? Also super fast turn-around from manufacture, shipping, to SC

Finally !!!

VIN 5YJYGDEEXMF285xxx

OD/PC: 6/24
EDD Before VIN: 10/5 - 10/22
EDD Now: 10/10 - 10/16
  • Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Tow Hitch
Oh my, I am getting giddy with all the vins coming in with OD right around mine. Off to do some 🙏 to the Tesla Gods!

Ok so it looks like some light and the end of the tunnel. I called again and somebody else confirms that my car should be at the delivery center at coral gables Florida October 26th, and I should be receiving a VIN on the 11th... should I trust this info?

I like to believe it is true and hoping this quarter to be different, EDDs must mean something. Fremont takes care of USA/Canada alone while SHA takes care of rest of the world, makes it simple.

Today has been good, we have seen at-least 5 VINs, let's wait and watch if the trend continues. Also VINs are being assigned to non CA members, as usual Tesla has started off with distant deliveries in the beginning. There is high demand no doubt about it also there are still few May orders waiting on VIN. @Spelly88 is a saint, no sins committed with perfect up-to date profile, no VIN yet with an early May order date.

Oh my, I am getting giddy with all the vins coming in with OD right around mine. Off to do some 🙏 to the Tesla Gods!
You have shorter promising EDD window, VIN is around the corner.

I am just about to give up. My order has shifted to a different location (after twice damaged the first one) and no one &^%^!%^ know what is up with that. No customer service. My delivery date is generic Oct for last month now. I called my location which went to a some regional call center and she emailed locations and promise to follow up tomorrow. We will see if they really follow up but i will start looking for options now.

Reactions: CharlesCastle
Wow. I hope that's true. Everytime i have called and believe me there were so many calls and not once they were able to give me any information without vin being assigned. Everytime they said we can't say anything without vin. So i am not sure how they would have that information that you will get your vin on certain day and it will be delivered around 26. That being said I really hope it's true but that Haven't been my experience.

So...here's my week.

Thursday, delivery is scheduled for 6 pm on 9/30 (EOQ). SA: "looks like it is still in Freemont and won't make it. We'll schedule you for Saturday 6 pm, but it will probably come in tomorrow (Friday)"

Saturday, delivery scheduled for 6 pm. SA "still in Freemont, let's push it to tomorrow."

Sunday, delivery scheduled for 6 pm. SA "car is on-site and all green checks. Good to go for 3 pm". Go to pick up the car, and the driver's door handle implodes into the door the first time I open it. SA "we don't have any techs on site today (Sunday). We'll have this fixed and deliver it to you tomorrow (Monday).

Monday, delivery scheduled when work is completed. SA "looks like we'll need more time to fix. We'll deliver it tomorrow (Tuesday). Thanks for your patience."

Tuesday, the car is en route as I type. Fingers crossed.

FYI...miles on the vehicle at delivery = 2 (two). Wondering if it went through any QA at all.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-05 161951.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-10-05 161951.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 68
So...here's my week.

Thursday, delivery is scheduled for 6 pm on 9/30 (EOQ). SA: "looks like it is still in Freemont and won't make it. We'll schedule you for Saturday 6 pm, but it will probably come in tomorrow (Friday)"

Saturday, delivery scheduled for 6 pm. SA "still in Freemont, let's push it to tomorrow."

Sunday, delivery scheduled for 6 pm. SA "car is on-site and all green checks. Good to go for 3 pm". Go to pick up the car, and the driver's door handle implodes into the door the first time I open it. SA "we don't have any techs on site today (Sunday). We'll have this fixed and deliver it to you tomorrow (Monday).

Monday, delivery scheduled when work is completed. SA "looks like we'll need more time to fix. We'll deliver it tomorrow (Tuesday). Thanks for your patience."

Tuesday, the car is en route as I type. Fingers crossed.

FYI...miles on the vehicle at delivery = 2 (two). Wondering if it went through any QA at all.
sorry to hear :(.

Did handle implode and become inoperable? Just curious is yours a 2022 VIN?

sorry to hear :(.

Did handle implode and become inoperable? Just curious is yours a 2022 VIN?
No, it's a 2021 and I assume one of the last ones. When you push the handle the whole assembly went into the door frame. When the latch was open it wouldn't close and that keeps the door open. The work order shows two nuts were not installed in the handle assembly.

Reactions: PatrickTM