Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey good folks - has anyone received an email of this sort pre-delivery? To be clear, I do not have an assigned VIN (yet), certainly not a delivery date. I wanted to check to see if this is a commonplace notice or perhaps if this is an indicator that a VIN is forthcoming. Maybe it’s location specific, but I wanted to see if anyone has any experience with this, as this is one of the very few proactive communications I’ve received from Tesla. Thanks!
Got this today - i have my VIN though .. looks like you should have yours any day now.

Reactions: dfiz1 and BTVev
I think he just eluded to that Kato Road has made 4680 cells, and will be supplying to Austin at the start and during the ramp up next year. Did not clarify if Fremont will use the cells. It would make sense for both Fremont and Austin to use those cells simultaneously (unless they decide to come up with a new model). Not sure if Fremont can use both single piece front and back castings. Maybe they can make the front castings at Austin, and ship to Fremont. So much speculation, and no clarity!
That's what I was referring to. Elon's allusions can sometimes be elusive.

Reactions: jbarnum and BitJam
Greetings!

I‘m glad I found this thread. OD: 7/18/2021. My EDD was 10/7/2021 - 10/27/2021 then got updated to 10/13 - 11/10 on 10/8/2021. Not sure if mu EDD will move again again next week but my lease is expiring in November so I’m getting anxious.

MYLR, MSM, 20” Induction Wheels with Black interior.
There are several threads haha. A CA one, a West Coast one, even a June/July OD one. I was considering starting a new “1st 2-weeks of July orders for a Wh/bl LR with Costa Mesa pickup” thread, but there are only so many I can monitor.

Reactions: PatrickTM
It should definitely say "your order is on hold". And everything besides the order number and your configuration pretty much disappears.
Thanks, you're right. I finally called back and for whatever reason the first request didn't take. But they fixed it the second time and now it says my order is on hold, same price and all that.

I assume when I take it off hold I go to the end of the line, so if I were to call up tomorrow to take it off hold my delivery would be April, mas o menus?

Reactions: PatrickTM
I find that sometimes Elon's allusions are illusions.
He admits to being overly optimistic. "Better to be an optimist and be wrong than a pessimist and be right".

Still, I think his track record is much better than the naysayers'. Ten years ago the big automakers and media laughed at Tesla and electric cars.
Electric cars are an extraordinarily bad idea -- Forbes, 2011
More like a glorified golf car than a harbinger of tomorrow's tech -- LA Times, 2009
Sorry, but electric cars are a waste of space -- Daily Mail, 2011
People laughed at his ideas for reusable rocket ships and going to Mars.

Elon is not always right, especially about release dates, but he is more right than any other human being I know of.

Thanks, you're right. I finally called back and for whatever reason the first request didn't take. But they fixed it the second time and now it says my order is on hold, same price and all that.

I assume when I take it off hold I go to the end of the line, so if I were to call up tomorrow to take it off hold my delivery would be April, mas o menus?
Some say that if you completed profile and then go on hold, you don’t go to the back of the line. I completed profile after coming off hold, so supposedly I’m in the back of the line. But I still don’t have an EDD so I can’t really say how Tesla is treating my order.

Reactions: PNWLeccy and Wigan
Hey good folks - has anyone received an email of this sort pre-delivery? To be clear, I do not have an assigned VIN (yet), certainly not a delivery date. I wanted to check to see if this is a commonplace notice or perhaps if this is an indicator that a VIN is forthcoming. Maybe it’s location specific, but I wanted to see if anyone has any experience with this, as this is one of the very few proactive communications I’ve received from Tesla. Thanks!
I received the same email yesterday. Do not have a VIN yet. Will pick up from Schaumburg, hopefully soon.

MYLR5 | White/White | 19" Gemini | No tow | No FSD | OD: 7/16 | EDD: 10/15-11/04; 10/8-10/28; 10/09-10/29; 10/15-11/08

Did you complete profile before going on hold, or after coming off hold? EDD?
I think I completed it before. I even got assigned a VIN (way more quickly than I anticipated— within just a week or two of my order). EDD now is 10/21-11/10, which is about the timing for people who placed new orders around the time I went off hold. My original order was placed the start of June.

Honestly I don’t think Tesla will deliver the higher mileage 4680 battery MYs at the same rate as current MYLR. They will price that a bit higher. But I guess for those confused whether to put current order on hold in anticipation of the new battery, it may be worth a try if you can afford waiting few months longer. The current 326M which translates to around 270M+ In normal weather is actually reasonable enough even for long trips

Reactions: chand
Finally after 3.5 weeks I got an EDD. Placed order 9/15, this morning 10/10 finally EDD showed up saying Feb 15 - March 15.

Still seems weird to me that you can place an order for a $55k car and no human contacts you directly to verify anything or even to just assure you that your order in in the system. I can understand that for a $1200 iphone, but not on an expensive car. I've never been contacted by the delivery center I chose (Mt Kisco NY), and I have no assigned salesperson.

MYLR5 | White/Black | 19" Gemini | No tow | No FSD | OD 9/15 | EDD 2/15 - 3/15