Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It'll take forever.
If you have an electric dryer, try and see if you can get an adapter for the outlet
Yeah I do have an electric dryer and it's close to the garage. I'm waiting on the adapter bundle to be back in stock though. This car is coming a lot sooner than I expected.

Fortunately with the rate I'm driving, the 110V should be enough for the time being. I may need a public charger or supercharger for the start of trips but that'll be only a handful of times and pretty accessible.

Reactions: PatrickTM
I don't have it myself and not an expert, but I think the car comes with 14-50 plug (The adapter for NEMA 14-50 outlets is included with the vehicle - https://www.tesla.com/sites/default...es/NEMA_14-50_installation_guide_NA_en_ca.pdf)
Or is it outdated or for Canada only?

Otherwise yes, need to purchase 14-50 plug as well
Just comes with a 110v adapter and the j1772 adapter. You need to buy a 14-50 adapter separately.

Reactions: RyMY and Dreene
I don't have it myself and not an expert, but I think the car comes with 14-50 plug (The adapter for NEMA 14-50 outlets is included with the vehicle - https://www.tesla.com/sites/default...es/NEMA_14-50_installation_guide_NA_en_ca.pdf)
Or is it outdated or for Canada only?

Otherwise yes, need to purchase 14-50 plug as well
Ah, yeah IIRC it used to come with the 14-50 but not anymore. Although now that I think about it I could probably use two 14-50s. One to stay with the outlet at home and one that comes with the bundle for road trips. That way I'm minimizing the plugging cycling of the 14-50 outlet. So maybe I'll just order the 14-50 individually, that adapter, and use the dryer for November.

Not sure about tail lights, but I got a warning today about the right pillar camera being blocked or needing cleaning. I was on the expressway when I saw that, so I couldn't stop, but brought the cameras up and the right camera showed up completely clear and fine. Not sure what that was about.
The camera used for the screen viewing is the one by the fender. You can’t view the images from the pillar camera so they could legit have an issue that you can’t see.

I've wondered for 6 months what I would say when this day finally came - all I know to say is that I noticed the shortened EDD and didn't even catch the VIN until I went to show my husband. My 6 month wait is FINALLY almost to an end.
IMG_0549.jpg

Do Tesla cars notify the driver that a tail light is burned out? And if so, did the car notify you that multiple rear lights were not activating?
Yes. When the local SC forgot to hook my tail light during service, I got an error on the screen the first time that I tried to turn on the turn signal. Luckily I noticed it 10 mins from the SC and was able to turn around and have them fix it before I got home...that is a 55 min drive away.

Not sure about tail lights, but I got a warning today about the right pillar camera being blocked or needing cleaning. I was on the expressway when I saw that, so I couldn't stop, but brought the cameras up and the right camera showed up completely clear and fine. Not sure what that was about.
That can happen for different reasons, fog being a major one. If it was foggy or you needed to defrost your windshield that might have been the reason.

Anyone want to chime in with what happens once a VIN is assigned? Specifically:

How long until I can expect the text to schedule delivery?
Does a VIN mean the car is built but still in the factory somewhere, or does it mean it's loaded on a truck heading out?
Any ideas on how long transit takes from CA to S. Carolina?

Anyone want to chime in with what happens once a VIN is assigned? Specifically:

How long until I can expect the text to schedule delivery?
Does a VIN mean the car is built but still in the factory somewhere, or does it mean it's loaded on a truck heading out?
Any ideas on how long transit takes from CA to S. Carolina?
When delivery text are sent seems to be determined by how close one is to Fremont.
VIN means there is a vehicle for you, and from what I have gathered it means it is at least very close to being finished (if not finished already).
The fact that you are across the country from Fremont most likely makes your time from VIN to delivery a bit longer (but what longer is, has not actually been determined...I don't think).

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker