Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone want to chime in with what happens once a VIN is assigned? Specifically:

How long until I can expect the text to schedule delivery?
Does a VIN mean the car is built but still in the factory somewhere, or does it mean it's loaded on a truck heading out?
Any ideas on how long transit takes from CA to S. Carolina?
1. Dunno; I haven't gotten my text yet. I'm not sure if it's because it's waiting on transport or if it's because I haven't finalized my payment methods yet
2. Are vehicle is coming your way. Dunno more than that
3. Two weeks appears to be an average for your car to make the cross country trek. Anecdotally, I got my VIN yesterday and my SA said my car is slated to arrive on 8 Nov. Two weeks for CA to Ohio.

A random thought for new orders. If you look at ordering MYLR now the delivery shows May 2022 and most importantly the mileage still shows 326. So it is still unclear whether there is any benefit in hoping to hit the order with new batteries and longer range. If they had plans to supply longer range with new batteries I would have thought the ordering would start to show that now??

• Disagree
Reactions: mikeds86
Got a delivery appointment for Sunday at noon! Still no word from the SA... but it's real! Can't believe it
So apparently in my excitement, I got the date wrong. It's Sunday November 7, not October 31st. I could have sworn it was this coming Sunday, but looking at my account it's a week later.

Last edited:
Reactions: PatrickTM
Just sold my Subaru! Private sale. 11 years, 93k miles, cost me $8k (bought low, sold high). Sad to see her go but on to the future!
I sold the Audi today, bittersweet but Carvana made it as painless as possible. Got way more than I expected, way more than what Tesla was offering (like 22% better)

A random thought for new orders. If you look at ordering MYLR now the delivery shows May 2022 and most importantly the mileage still shows 326. So it is still unclear whether there is any benefit in hoping to hit the order with new batteries and longer range. If they had plans to supply longer range with new batteries I would have thought the ordering would start to show that now??
Tesla doesn't operate like that. Besides, they wouldn't do it because of the Osbourne effect. They always just add in new features as a surprise upgrade to existing customers when it happens (eg: Heated steering wheel) and then update their website once it is assured to be a standard feature on all new deliveries.

Interesting you brought it up .. i got the same letter from DCU as part of Loan docs - typically i didnt have to provide this earlier for my prior car loans ... i'll ask my friend who took delivery 2 months earlier and also got a loan from DCU ..
@ArrogantSeeker - So i checked my Insurance Declaration Page .. I have DCU listed as the lienholder - I am going to send it over to them - hope this is what they want. If you have not done it yet - you will have to go your policy section where they ask you to enter the Finance company - once you submit the change - in couple of days you should see the updated declaration page with your insurance coverage and Finance/Lienholder details.

• Helpful
Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
I sold the Audi today, bittersweet but Carvana made it as painless as possible. Got way more than I expected, way more than what Tesla was offering (like 22% better)
I tried all the online dealers. 2009 Subaru Legacy. Carvana was the worst at $1247. Carmax was $3300. Sold it private sale for $7000.

My first time selling a car. Hopefully I did it all correctly!

@ArrogantSeeker - So i checked my Insurance Declaration Page .. I have DCU listed as the lienholder - I am going to send it over to them - hope this is what they want. If you have not done it yet - you will have to go your policy section where they ask you to enter the Finance company - once you submit the change - in couple of days you should see the updated declaration page with your insurance coverage and Finance/Lienholder details.
Thank you!! 🤗
I'll look into my account online and see if I can do it myself or if I have to call in to do it.

Reactions: PatrickTM
I tried all the online dealers. 2009 Subaru Legacy. Carvana was the worst at $1247. Carmax was $3300. Sold it private sale for $7000.

My first time selling a car. Hopefully I did it all correctly!
Hah, well, I don't know about the paperwork and legality, but considering the price you got, I think you got things right in the most important piece of the puzzle :) Ours was a 2015 Audi A6 Quattro Prestige, bought it CPO for $32k with 33k miles, kept it 3 years, put 50k miles on it, sold it for just over $22k with 84k miles. As much as I enjoyed the car, there is nothing so expensive as an out-of-warranty German luxury car with 100k+ miles.

I’m a noob on home charging and need to start figuring it out since my EDD bumped up. I was going to order the wall connector but my neighbor has the gen 2 charger with a 240V, said it came with his model 3.

What comes with the model Y? Do I have to purchase the 240V charger? (Nema 14-50)?

Noticed something different today. The mobile Tesla app only used to have a "Go to Account" button and I always had to login through the browser to see the EDD, but today its showing my current EDD right above that button in the app. Any gurus know if that means anything 🤞
Same thing for me. The changed happened when my Edd updated. I now sit at 11/8-11/22

I’m a noob on home charging and need to start figuring it out since my EDD bumped up. I was going to order the wall connector but my neighbor has the gen 2 charger with a 240V, said it came with his model 3.

What comes with the model Y? Do I have to purchase the 240V charger? (Nema 14-50)?
The model Y comes with the mobile connector, which has modular adapters available. The included adapter is just for 110 / 15A. If you buy the optional NEMA 14-50 adapter ($45 on the store), you get 240V / 32A charging speed. That's generally fine for overnight charging. But if you want faster than that, you need either a third party J1772 based AC charger (like Juicebox, Chargepoint Flex, Clipper Creek), or the Tesla Wall Connector. These can get you up to 48A / 240V AC charging.

The model Y comes with the mobile connector, which has modular adapters available. The included adapter is just for 110 / 15A. If you buy the optional NEMA 14-50 adapter ($45 on the store), you get 240V / 32A charging speed. That's generally fine for overnight charging. But if you want faster than that, you need either a third party J1772 based AC charger (like Juicebox, Chargepoint Flex, Clipper Creek), or the Tesla Wall Connector. These can get you up to 48A / 240V AC charging.
If you buy Tesla wall charger do you still need the nemacolin 14-50 adapter??

Reactions: CharlesCastle
Just to add one point to above - i beleive to get the 48A you will need to have a 60A breaker, with the 14-50 NEMA adapter you will need a 50A breaker