Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered just before you, without the 20” wheels. Mine was always June until a few days ago. It’s now March 19 to April 16. Makes sense for Fremont to retool once Austin comes online. I prefer the retooled MY.
Oh I definitely am willing to wait for 2022 updates, double paned back windows, possible new battery pack and AMD processor. Lol just don’t want to wait until July! I’m so ready haha. Also getting 11k trade in offers for my Mazda 3 right now which is absurd lol

Vent on... I'm sure it will change once Austin is up but my EDD today went from June to November. I'm certain to get the updated batteries etc but there's questionable value for a 1 year wait especially with current bubble pricing and little chance for BBB which likely drove the recent ~$8k price bump. Also I'm more than just a little disappointed with numerous reports (and my own test drive) of subpar autopilot (and FSD) after all these years of Musk saying Tesla was the automated vehicle drive leader as well as the recent transition from radar/camera to only camera system. My 2017 ACC system with lane keeping works better than the Tesla autopilot I test drove. Vent off...

• Disagree
Reactions: KJD and WhiteWi
Vent on... I'm sure it will change once Austin is up but my EDD today went from June to November. I'm certain to get the updated batteries etc but there's questionable value for a 1 year wait especially with current bubble pricing and little chance for BBB which likely drove the recent ~$8k price bump. Also I'm more than just a little disappointed with numerous reports (and my own test drive) of subpar autopilot (and FSD) after all these years of Musk saying Tesla was the automated vehicle drive leader as well as the recent transition from radar/camera to only camera system. My 2017 ACC system with lane keeping works better than the Tesla autopilot I test drove. Vent off...
I have enhanced auto pilot on my M3 and love it. Not sure I’ll get FSD. I bought the car to drive it. EAP is good for long distance.

I have enhanced auto pilot on my M3 and love it. Not sure I’ll get FSD. I bought the car to drive it. EAP is good for long distance.
Yeah, I wish they would open up EAP as option for half the price for people who wants it. Would be great income generator for Tesla. I snatched for our 3 when it was on sale for 4k that is all I need.

While there are some who have issue with Autopilot, I am curious what issues you found on your test drive that give you the notion that your 2017 ACC is better?

Reactions: boingolover
Yeah, I wish they would open up EAP as option for half the price for people who wants it. Would be great income generator for Tesla. I snatched for our 3 when it was on sale for 4k that is all I need.
I have been hoping they wait a few months, so that when they offer it, I actually have my MY. I have been quite fearful they will release it as a special promotion without a way for those of us waiting to get it. Of course if they can offer it to everyone then I am in complete agreement with you. I had it on my S and it was all that I needed.

Hey @BTVev I wanted to understand the way you put your order on hold. So the contract says when they notify you of the car being available (I am guessing this is when VIN is assigned), you have to go ahead and schedule pick up within 3 days, if not it goes down to someone else. It also says for new cars, if you do not take delivery within 30 days, they would cancel the order. Whats the 3 days for? Since you put on hold, I am guessing your VIN is given to someone else, is there a possibility you can get another VIN again say next week?
I received the VIN around 11am and the next morning around 9am I called and mentioned that I’m not ready for the car yet, my install isn’t scheduled until late in the month and I’d like to wait until January if possible. I asked what options I had, rejecting the VIN or maybe putting it on hold. He said he could put me on a 30 day hold and it would automatically come off hold January 7th, at which time my order would be “like a magnet” for the next VIN that matched my config, and that I’d have to take that car or risk being cancelled.

When I login it says my order is on hold until Jan 7 and the “I’m ready” is available if I’m ready sooner. So I’m guessing I’m safe until that date, with my greatest concern being Tesla reaching out with an earlier drop-dead date like I’ve seen happen with others holding older reservations.

Does that help clarify at all? I’m crossing my fingers hoping the hold sticks (as much as I just want the car now, it’ll be a little longer until I can charge at home).

And I’m double-hoping they don’t try to foist a 2021 VIN on me again, lol. Nothing against 2021s at all, but moreso the journey an old VIN would take to still be available today as new, no thanks.

Model Y ordered 9/23 LR Red/Black 20" 7 seater. I received a VIN two days ago. On the website it shows details about Model Y changing to Tesla Vision and says "Accept and proceed with delivery". No one at Tesla has contacted me yet about setting up delivery. I wasn't expecting to get my delivered till June. Anyone else get the Tesla Vision message?
Folks, pardon my ignorance but I am confused on this Tesla vision below.
What is the difference between Model Y and Tesla Vision? I see so many posts where folks mention I got a email/account says Tesla Vision.
I understand the verbiage on Tesla's site that says:

"Beginning with deliveries in May 2021, Model 3 and Model Y vehicles built for the North American market will no longer be equipped with radar. Instead, these will be the first Tesla vehicles to rely on camera vision and neural net processing to deliver Autopilot, Full-Self Driving and certain active safety features. Customers who ordered before May 2021 and will receive a car with Tesla Vision will be notified of the change in their Tesla Account prior to delivery."

Shouldn't all be Tesla vision now? Then come how come get this message and some don't?

While there are some who have issue with Autopilot, I am curious what issues you found on your test drive that give you the notion that your 2017 ACC is better?

I did two 30min test drives (M3P and MYLR) and both behaved the same - consistent phantom brakes and lane departure feature kept disabling in common roadway scenarios. Whereas with the 2017 performance, I can't recall the last time I experienced a phantom brake and the lane keeping feature is much less apt to be overwhelmed.

Folks, pardon my ignorance but I am confused on this Tesla vision below.
What is the difference between Model Y and Tesla Vision? I see so many posts where folks mention I got a email/account says Tesla Vision.
I understand the verbiage on Tesla's site that says:

"Beginning with deliveries in May 2021, Model 3 and Model Y vehicles built for the North American market will no longer be equipped with radar. Instead, these will be the first Tesla vehicles to rely on camera vision and neural net processing to deliver Autopilot, Full-Self Driving and certain active safety features. Customers who ordered before May 2021 and will receive a car with Tesla Vision will be notified of the change in their Tesla Account prior to delivery."

Shouldn't all be Tesla vision now? Then come how come get this message and some don't?
assuming its a legal requirement

There is a decent chance your current EDD actually pans out. Historically, Tesla prioritizes end of quarter sales to the West Coast due to quicker transit times and being able to squeeze all those sale numbers into that quarter. Perhaps your EDD has also been pushed back for the same reason when they were perhaps prioritizing East Coast and Central orders earlier in the quarter. Good luck and hope you get your car soon!
The VIN went now to Jan 31. They have little operational visibility on their supply chain. Or more likely, they don't give a crap about customer experience, as they seem to have no qualms basically lying to them about the delivery date whatsoever. Elon is smart cashing his billions out.

Good Morning folks. I just uploaded my MY delivery experience from a couple weeks ago to YouTube yesterday. Hope you enjoy it!
Eli knows his Tesla info.
Were the mud-flaps easy to install without taking the wheels off?
Your wife sounds like mine when talking about the waving. While it may not be much of a thing now, the Tesla wave was most definitely a thing when I first got the S in 2015. Waves and light flashes whenever we crossed paths.

the MYLR that I ordered on Sept 30 is the same configuration as yours and the EDD of Mar/Apr was pushed back to June as of 2 days ago.
Hmm makes sense, u have June and I have July. I want to say its just placeholders. Maybe giga Austin is coming up and they have no real Edd yet. and also “forcing” the long reservation holders to take delivery before EOY. And I have a feeling if the BBB doesn’t get passed, a lot / some will cancel orders.