Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You get put back to the same spot in line when you put the hold on. Order date is what takes preference to vin assignments. This was confirmed by multiple Tesla SA.
If that's the case, I should have already taken delivery since I have a Feb 2021 order that I took off hold Sept 14. Edd is still showing Feb 10 - Mar 10.

If that's the case, I should have already taken delivery since I have a Feb 2021 order that I took off hold Sept 14. Edd is still showing Feb 10 - Mar 10.
That is the case 100%. Call your store and they will confirm. Your delivery could be delayed for many reasons but most likely due to your car configuration and your Tesla store distribution. The EDD means nothing just a poorly used guide that Tesla gives to guess when they will fill your car configuration.

That is the case 100%. Call your store and they will confirm. Your delivery could be delayed for many reasons but most likely due to your car configuration and your Tesla store distribution. The EDD means nothing just a poorly used guide that Tesla gives to guess when they will fill your car configuration.
There is nothing 100% of the case with Tesla, and there have been plenty of people this does not ring true for. Especially if there is no longer a line from when they went on hold. But as with everything Tesla YMMV…

From history on this thread (I’ve been on since May), there’s a difference if you put your order on hold before VIN vs after VIN. You sorta go to the back of the line if the car was on hold before VIN and you sorta go close to front of the line if the car was on hold after VIN. That’s been the bulk of the experience over the months but of course there are times when that hasn’t been the case. Tesla also changes processes on the fly so who knows what the actual process is. SAs unfortunately are not reliable sources of information.
I went on hold in November after VIN and came off hold on Monday. My EDD now says 1/1-1/29. It was TBD for a couple of days

Hah! Now bumped yet again, but up again this time. I have been back and forth from June original EDD to Mar/Apr a couple times alternating with June, most recently July, and now this back to March - April again, but earlier in the month. Just not sure why they would bother moving the date around like that until they knew more about when they were going to be ready.

Attachments

• A732F088-60B3-4C16-BE6E-E84AE3B370B0.jpeg
    A732F088-60B3-4C16-BE6E-E84AE3B370B0.jpeg
    330.7 KB · Views: 195
I think I'm in this case - I ordered 7/31, put mine hold on right away (so was never assigned a VIN) - took it off hold on 12/11 after getting the cancelation email - and my EDD has been showing June this whole time.
Are you still on hold?
Yes, it runs through 1/1 so I'll take it off then. Actually that's something I'm wondering about. The blurb says I'm on hold 'until' Jan 1, 2022. So I want to go in on the first and hit the 'I'm ready' button, but I'm not sure what 'until' means. I don't want to go in on the first and find my order cancelled if 'until' means through 31 Dec.

I've never received the cancellation email, probably because I only put it on hold in October.

You get put back to the same spot in line when you put the hold on. Order date is what takes preference to vin assignments. This was confirmed by multiple Tesla SA.
Thanks, not trying to be difficult but what does 'the same spot in line' mean? If I was 20,000 in line when I put it on hold, and now that 'spot' is 4.000, do I go back in at 20,000 or at 4,000? I assume 20,000 because if they put me back in at 4,000 the hold wouldn't have accomplished anything.

I dont think so, My OD is 10/2020 and removed hold on 11/28/2021. EDD is stuck in TBD for three weeks.

Hah! Now bumped yet again, but up again this time. I have been back and forth from June original EDD to Mar/Apr a couple times alternating with June, most recently July, and now this back to March - April again, but earlier in the month. Just not sure why they would bother moving the date around like that until they knew more about when they were going to be ready.
My order is for the same configuration MYLR as your MYLR except no hitch for mine. My OD was late Sept. (all info completed and no holds) and my current EDD is June. I suspect that each Tesla delivery center has it's own queue based on how many deliveries they can handle per week/month so delivery dates for identical orders may differ by location.

Reactions: Sunvalleylaw
My order is for the same configuration MYLR as your MYLR except no hitch for mine. My OD was late Sept. (all info completed and no holds) and my current EDD is June. I suspect that each Tesla delivery center has it's own queue based on how many deliveries they can handle per week/month so delivery dates for identical orders may differ by location.
NO ONE KNOWS how the EDD system works. Not even Tesla. If Tesla did, the EDD wouldn't begin with 'estimated'.
The number of situations and variables involved is as many as you can dream up.

Endless speculation only exacerbates everyone's complaints and keeps the thread alive.

I just got moved out of June this morining to (Mar-APR) it looks like alot of Sep orders for Florida were moved to June so you may be moved soon

I dont think so, My OD is 10/2020 and removed hold on 11/28/2021. EDD is stuck in TBD for three weeks.
If you never completed your profile before you went on hold, you may be in the line of orders around 11/28.
Profile completion is one of the things used to prioritize deliveries so double check everything is good on that end. Speaking from experience and multiple conversations with Tesla reps on this one.

EDD just moved up to 12/27-12/31. OD 8/13, original EDD was mid November, then sat at Dec 13- Jan 1 for a couple of months, then bumped to Jan 1-Jan30 a week or so ago, and this morning got the new EDD. Crossing fingers mine comes before New Years, and hopefully some of you see your EDDs bump up as well!

EDD just moved up to 12/27-12/31. OD 8/13, original EDD was mid November, then sat at Dec 13- Jan 1 for a couple of months, then bumped to Jan 1-Jan30 a week or so ago, and this morning got the new EDD. Crossing fingers mine comes before New Years, and hopefully some of you see your EDDs bump up as well!
Have you received your VIN??? My EDD changed this morning to 12/28 - 12/31.. no VIN yet

Thanks, not trying to be difficult but what does 'the same spot in line' mean? If I was 20,000 in line when I put it on hold, and now that 'spot' is 4.000, do I go back in at 20,000 or at 4,000? I assume 20,000 because if they put me back in at 4,000 the hold wouldn't have accomplished anything.
From what my rep told me and when I took delivery of my Model 3. When you are on hold when a car comes up that fits your configuration it will go to the next person and you sit in the same place until you come off hold. Say your 10 white on white the first 9 get filled and you are on hold so number 11 and later get filled. Once you come off hold you will be back in line so if all the orders before you were filled then you should be next.
This is what my Tesla store in cherry hill NJ told me how it works.

Reactions: Wigan
From what my rep told me and when I took delivery of my Model 3. When you are on hold when a car comes up that fits your configuration it will go to the next person and you sit in the same place until you come off hold. Say your 10 white on white the first 9 get filled and you are on hold so number 11 and later get filled. Once you come off hold you will be back in line so if all the orders before you were filled then you should be next.
This is what my Tesla store in cherry hill NJ told me how it works.
As with many things SA say…. It’s not completely true. It was already addressed, but when you go on hold is a big deal (before after VIN), plus location, time of quarter, color, add-one, etc. As I implied previously, it’s scrap shoot.

For the most part I agreed with you... until my wife offered to pay for it then I became a definite yes! So i will get the tints and full frontal PPF but I felt the same way about wrapping plastic parts. But I'm no fool lol.

I decided to get the roof done as well, from everything i've read and have been told by professionals is that the roof has some protection but not nearly enough for full protection. I also will not be keeping mine in our garage, but in our driveway so i'm just taking additional precautions.

I'm going straight to the shop to drop it off. A little sad that I won't be able to enjoy the car right away but it will be worth it.

I gotta say, the quote I got for full was 5K and 1800 for full frontal. I live in NYC and i've seen such crazy higher prices elsewhere, I always assumed that NYC would be one of the more expensive locations.

I am adding tints on every piece of window glass on the car for $900 Xpel Ceramic Plus. Very surprised with the pricing. And it's a very reputable shop.
mind if I ask which shop did you get the ppf and tinting done at?