Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a question...

My current EDD is 12/28 - 12/31 , no VIN yet. I'm trying to push my delivery to 2022.

When you receive your VIN, I know you have 3 days to accept it, right???

So I can wait until the 3rd day to accept it, after that, how many days they give you to take delivery???

Again I'm trying to take delivery after Jan 1st 2022..

Just a question...

My current EDD is 12/28 - 12/31 , no VIN yet. I'm trying to push my delivery to 2022.

When you receive your VIN, I know you have 3 days to accept it, right???

So I can wait until the 3rd day to accept it, after that, how many days they give you to take delivery???

Again I'm trying to take delivery after Jan 1st 2022..
I thought it was 48 hours to accept your VIN, but maybe its 72 hours? At this point it seems unlikely to me that your EDD would still fall within this year, but anything is possible. I think in most cases your VIN is assigned even before your car has started to be built unless you are assigned a rejected/canceled order. I don't have any hard data behind it, but based on what I've seen here it seems like 1-2 weeks from VIN to delivery on average depending on where you're located. So you should be fine, but with Tesla anything is possible! 🙃

Reactions: Teslitored
I thought it was 48 hours to accept your VIN, but maybe its 72 hours? At this point it seems unlikely to me that your EDD would still fall within this year, but anything is possible. I think in most cases your VIN is assigned even before your car has started to be built unless you are assigned a rejected/canceled order. I don't have any hard data behind it, but based on what I've seen here it seems like 1-2 weeks from VIN to delivery on average depending on where you're located. So you should be fine, but with Tesla anything is possible! 🙃
I got my VIN late last night and have home delivery scheduled for Monday morning. Wife got her MY delivered within few days as well. So, happens pretty quick here in CA at least.

Reactions: MYLR22
People that keep saying prices will come down make me laugh. Their demand is so high that on some cars it is almost a year wait. Prices are not coming down in the near future if EVER. You don't lower prices when you can't even come close to keeping up with current demand. It just doesn't happen in business. So my advise for those waiting for these new lower prices, go buy a Prius. It ain't happening.
I'm not sure we really know what demand is. We shouldn't confuse demand with the wait list that includes lots of cars ordered before a lot of the price increases. I would be interested in new orders per month--but even that's messed up if folks were ordering in November expecting a tax credit.

I have no doubt Tesla has huge demand--I'm an investor with a full position so I'm all for Tesla--but I don't think we can really know a steady state demand until they actually reach a steady state. The LR Model Y is $59K; probably over $60K for most folks after options. I'd like to know the order rate at that price now that the credit is off the table. I'm guessing long term that needs to come down $5k or more. If they can get it down to $49.9K with 375 mile range with the 4680 then I think they will have unlimited demand.

New here, well actually a long time lurker. these forums are a great soruce of information and has been a great help for all things dealing with Tesla. I'm a July order for a MYLR with tow hitch, I completed my profile at the end of September. I got my VIN and EDD and made a appointment for Dec 23, but on Dec 22 the service center here in SoCal postpone my appointment to prepare the vehicle further. When I called they told me the car was a lemon (damaged in transit) and that I will be put back in the queue and getting a new VIN and EDD. Since it was Tesla that made the call, will I be at the front of line or is the March 18 to April 18 that im seeing?

Reactions: Timtimmay123
Checking in here... so many new user names... let me reintroduce myself, i am AJS, i spent 3 months waiting for my MY until it arrived in September and I was very pleased with it until the latest UI upgrade that I let it install last night... now I may end up selling it (for quite a profit) if an update doesn't arrive to fix some major issues with this new UI. I hope all of you waiting feel a little sense of relief reading this, knowing that Tesla royally screwed the pooch with this update and you might as well wait a little longer for your deliveries hoping that Tesla fixes the sh*tshow they created with this UI.

Biggest issues:
- Quick swipe to view odometer and trip computer and tire pressure are gone and buried in controls menu's and say your on a road trip, with the navigation on, and you decide to see a snapshot of your energy consumption, it will now take up your whole nav screen instead of a little portion of the lower left.
- HVAC controls are all eff'd... seat heaters gone and now multi clicks away, can't turn them on without activating the whole HVAC system, just a total disaster.
- quick click to find superchargers is now buried in the navigation search box after a distracted click while driving.
- wiper menu is even more buried

These are just the things off the top of my head but literally every time I drive the car now I grind my teeth, so hopefully tesla rolls out another update soon or I may be selling mine. And for you all waiting for your MY's... sit tight, and maybe hope to wait a little longer so that Tesla can fix this disaster before you take deliveries.

These are just the things off the top of my head but literally every time I drive the car now I grind my teeth, so hopefully tesla rolls out another update soon or I may be selling mine. And for you all waiting for your MY's... sit tight, and maybe hope to wait a little longer so that Tesla can fix this disaster before you take deliveries.
Change does suck, especially when you are used to a routine. But for me and others who haven't had a Tesla before , we can't really miss what we never had...

Checking in here... so many new user names... let me reintroduce myself, i am AJS, i spent 3 months waiting for my MY until it arrived in September and I was very pleased with it until the latest UI upgrade that I let it install last night... now I may end up selling it (for quite a profit) if an update doesn't arrive to fix some major issues with this new UI. I hope all of you waiting feel a little sense of relief reading this, knowing that Tesla royally screwed the pooch with this update and you might as well wait a little longer for your deliveries hoping that Tesla fixes the sh*tshow they created with this UI.

Biggest issues:
- Quick swipe to view odometer and trip computer and tire pressure are gone and buried in controls menu's and say your on a road trip, with the navigation on, and you decide to see a snapshot of your energy consumption, it will now take up your whole nav screen instead of a little portion of the lower left.
- HVAC controls are all eff'd... seat heaters gone and now multi clicks away, can't turn them on without activating the whole HVAC system, just a total disaster.
- quick click to find superchargers is now buried in the navigation search box after a distracted click while driving.

I don't have mine yet so I don't know the details of how it works, but it really surprises me they don't have a way to customize a portion of the screen to put four or five user selected high use items with one touch--especially things you'd want to access while driving.

Biggest issues:

There is a lot to love about Teslas, but I consider their over reliance on GUIs to be a negative. Who wants to navigate a menu to adjust the windshield wiper controls? Give me physical controls any day. I agree voice controls are nice, but they should not be a substitute. There is no reason Tesla couldn’t use voice control with real physical controls.

There is a lot to love about Teslas, but I consider their over reliance on GUIs to be a negative. Who wants to navigate a menu to adjust the windshield wiper controls? Give me physical controls any day. I agree voice controls are nice, but they should not be a substitute. There is no reason Tesla couldn’t use voice control with real physical controls.
You can turn the wipers on/off with the stalk button.

Reactions: BGOwner
It's the one thing I don't like . Some things should have dedicated buttons ( like wipers and headlights) . I also think a Screen with speed and vitals should be in front of you at all times. I understand why Tesla did it... Less moving parts= Less failure points =Cheaper to make=Faster to Produce.

For now, I'm willing to deal with the inconvenience because I want a dependable EV and I just don't trust anything else being produced at the moment while the other manufacturers cut corners to play catchup. That being said, there is a good chance that my next EV won't be a Tesla unless they start offering some options. I don't like needing to rely on 3rd parites to give me what should be standard. Hopefully the power of the giga factories gives Tesla the opportunity to allow for factory build options ( besides seat colors and tire choices)

• Disagree
Reactions: preilly44
It actually more like you have 3 days to pick it up. When VIN is assigned, it’s going to be shipped to your SC. Once at the SC, you have to pickup within 3 days. Accepting the VIn when it’s assigned just makes it so you can complete payment etc. if you don’t do anything, the SAs will call you when the car is in the shop to come pick up within 3 days or it goes to someone else.

But a key part of their whole cost saving and manufacturing advantage is removing all those physical controls. Every knob, button, stalk, gauge etc is more incremental acquisition and installation cost, adds manufacturing complexity and time, adds literally miles of wires, weight, and cost, and adds multiple points of failure. This goes to the core of why Herbert Diess said Tesla could produce a car in 10 hours versus 30 for VW and Jim Farley said:

"... the product itself is highly differentiated from the rest of the ICE field and complexity is tiny, compared to OEMs. That allows them to have enormous reuse. Reuse that we’ve never seen in our ICE business. Tesla can scale quickly because of that complexity reduction. They can drive cost down, which they have. They can keep processes simple."

I get what you're saying, but the fact is a you couldn't get a Tesla for the price you can if they go back to the old inefficient way of design and manufacturing. They're going to remove every moving part they can and the body will almost never change--that's really why they don't have 'model years'; the concept doesn't really apply to Tesla. They never change, they just evolve incrementally.

It's the one thing I don't like . Some things should have dedicated buttons ( like wipers and headlights) . I also think a Screen with speed and vitals should be in front of you at all times. I understand why Tesla did it... Less moving parts= Less failure points =Cheaper to make=Faster to Produce.

For now, I'm willing to deal with the inconvenience because I want a dependable EV and I just don't trust anything else being produced at the moment while the other manufacturers cut corners to play catchup. That being said, there is a good chance that my next EV won't be a Tesla unless they start offering some options. I don't like needing to rely on 3rd parites to give me what should be standard. Hopefully the power of the giga factories gives Tesla the opportunity to allow for factory build options ( besides seat colors and tire choices)
I do agree about the second screen.. I'm a little surprised Tesla doesn't have a function to 'bluetooth' a few key data points--speed, charge, etc, to your cell phone with a way to mount it in front behind the steering wheel. I would think they could do that for almost nothing.

Reactions: PatrickTM