Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed, the Hyundai has gone over and beyond my expectation. Only limitation is size with a growing family.

out of interest, what was your home charging solution for the Kona? And now with your Tesla, are you changing to the wall connector?
I installed a 14-50 outlet and I'm using a 32 amp EVSE (Mustart) which I also use on my wife's BMW i3. It will work on the Tesla without issues. I actually rarely charge at home as I have tons of free charging options including a free 50kw CCS charger 20 mins from my house..

Stopped by Raleigh SC yesterday. They had so many cars that they were parking them on the parking lot islands (or whatever they are called). I asked if they were actually delivering cars at this time. Lady replied by saying "Yes, to those with matched VINs" (although I don't think anyone is actually getting VIN matched and didn't see anyone actually taking delivery while I was there). I asked her to check my timeline (I ordered 4/3 and my estimated delivery has been missing for over a month now) and she told me the end of June. Here are some pics... I hope the MSM one is mine since it's my exact config.

Attachments

• IMG_2268.jpeg
    IMG_2268.jpeg
    498.6 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_2275.jpeg
    IMG_2275.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_2273.jpeg
    IMG_2273.jpeg
    926.2 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2266.jpeg
    IMG_2266.jpeg
    876.7 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2269.jpeg
    IMG_2269.jpeg
    730.3 KB · Views: 55
I installed a 14-50 outlet and I'm using a 32 amp EVSE (Mustart) which I also use on my wife's BMW i3. It will work on the Tesla without issues. I actually rarely charge at home as I have tons of free charging options including a free 50kw CCS charger 20 mins from my house..
Thanks! I have a 14-50 and a Juice Box for the Kona. Plan to continue using it with the Tesla and see how it goes.

I do wish for more free chargers to pop up in our city.

Stopped by Raleigh SC yesterday. They had so many cars that they were parking them on the parking lot islands (or whatever they are called). I asked if they were actually delivering cars at this time. Lady replied by saying "Yes, to those with matched VINs" (although I don't think anyone is actually getting VIN matched and didn't see anyone actually taking delivery while I was there). I asked her to check my timeline (I ordered 4/3 and my estimated delivery has been missing for over a month now) and she told me the end of June. Here are some pics... I hope the MSM one is mine since it's my exact config.
Went by the dealership in Decatur, Ga and got the same response. There a were a few MYs on the lot most had a may 05 date in them. A few had late April dates.

Greetings,

I remember when I custom ordered my BMW X6, I was given an order number to track the process of making my vehicle. I was able to see which stage my car was at the time. For example painting, etc.

Tesla:
Order date 04/20/21.
My SA said, "they have matched but no VIN number". What is that supposed to mean?

Thanks! I have a 14-50 and a Juice Box for the Kona. Plan to continue using it with the Tesla and see how it goes.

I do wish for more free chargers to pop up in our city.
As I'm working from home, I have lunch at a whole foods type of place every day which means 1+ hours of free charging.. My son's favorite dinner place is near another free public charger.. I usually get 2+ hours of free Level 2 charging per day.. If that's not enough and charge drops below 40%, I fast charge for free..

I predict virtually no improvement in this situation for the next 2-3 weeks, and then a total cluster for the last 2 weeks in June. I think I might want out, and to think a month ago (2 weeks after ordering) I was nearly on the rabid fanboy bandwagon. This experience has sapped nearly all of the anticipatory fun out of getting a new car.

I hope I'm wrong and will be the first to admit it if I am, but I don't think I'll need to.
Agreed, with all this waiting time without having any clue what is going, sometimes I forgot that I’ve ordered car
But for some cars people wait 2-3 years, like for AMG G63

Greetings,

I remember when I custom ordered my BMW X6, I was given an order number to track the process of making my vehicle. I was able to see which stage my car was at the time. For example painting, etc.

Tesla:
Order date 04/20/21.
My SA said, "they have matched but no VIN number". What is that supposed to mean?
I'm assuming this is a rhetorical question (😂), but if not, it means you have a car matched to your account (already been manufactured, maybe still at the factory, maybe at your local service center), but it won't release the actual VIN to your Sales Advisor until it's been approved for delivery. Right now there's a significant delay in approvals for delivery. This is most likely due a pending firmware update. The firmware update may or may not be due to a new chip Tesla is using to adjust to the global automotive semiconductor shortages. This is also affecting several other major car manufacturers in different ways (plant shutdowns, lots full of cars waiting for chips, etc). That's all the information, official and unofficial, that I've seen or heard.

I will say, Tesla has never had the transparency in the purchase and delivery process that you're describing from BMW, but that lack of detail has never been paired with this type of industry-wide shortage, which makes this all the more frustrating.

Greetings,

Tesla:
Order date 04/20/21.
I had Tesla rep call me yesterday saying they matched me. No vin yet . Ordered 04/04

Reactions: FoxVega
Nice shots friend.