Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery accepted!

If you want to laugh and cry along my journey... I documented it!
(My hubby was not harmed while he secretly recorded a big meltdown over this car).

So freaking cool, I know this journey too well, thanks for sharing it with all of us

Apologies
Northwestern resident of Boise, following this forum since I ordered on 5/1. I am currently 60 pages behind due to all the fun over the last week. Just hoping I can help someone in the area with my update.
Ordered 5/1, MYLR; MSM; Black interior;
Obviously not fluid at posting.....
Received my vin today and shocked for the short wait period. I literally stuttered and could not speak telling my b.f. that I received my vin. Ha, all of this emotional nonsense over a car. Thank you to all and enjoy the journey!

I ordered on May 5th and haven't had an EDD for a couple of weeks. This morning (Saturday) I wake up to Tesla email titled "2021 Model Y Cash Final Payment Ready." I looked on the Tesla site at my account. It now shows a paragraph about Tesla Vision and a blue button to "PROCEED WITH DELIVERY." I don't see a VIN number yet but this is a little crazy, had no idea and was expecting the end of June at the earliest. Not sure I can do any move any money until Tuesday with the holiday.

Had a feeling to check my account just now... after 2 days of 3-13 weeks... I have a vin! 197*** super excited! Hope tesla vision works as good or better than the old version! Fingers crossed 🤞
Tesla Vision seems to work pretty good. I used it on several narrow roads with sharp turns and it works great. Only issues are that it's very cautious when someone in front of you makes a right turn.. It almost brings you to a full stop. Also, autopilot sometimes will make curves at speed limit even though the curve is kind of sharp and it would be a better idea to slow down for it. It's ok with me but when I have wife and kids in the car, it would be better if the car would reduce speed based on the sharpness of the curve. Other than that, it has worked flawless so far. I'm sure it will get better with OTA updates.