Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received a text delaying my order and they won’t answer my calls or text to reschedule, since I will be out of town on that day. Looks like an in person visit is warranted, ugh.

E68F4824-2D85-47B9-BDBA-071EE3BD1CB7.jpeg

When you say no EDD, you mean you have nothing at all? For the longest time it said 6-9 weeks from order date for me.
Correct. When I initially placed my order, it said three to eight weeks. Then a few days ago, it disappeared completely and no I have nothing. That's why I reached out to Tesla support yesterday but unfortunately never got the return call from an SA they said I would.

After several hours of research, I went with the Spigen

Any noticeable degradation with clarity or brightness of screen?

Reactions: Emmadiane
After several hours of research, I went with the Spigen

Same. It’s the most expensive one but I trust the brand.

Speaking of accessories, has anyone ordered a matte screen protector? Any recommendations? I hear some kind of blur the screen a little bit. I’m making an Amazon list now to pass the time until delivery on Friday lol
I’m still 5 pages behind catching up from all you night owls 😁so you may have already gotten answers for this, but I highly recommend the Spigen matte finish screen protector...have one on my Model 3 for the last year and it is great. Already have another for my MY sitting in a pile with my other accessories just patiently waiting to be installed.

The best thing about it is the installation kit that comes with it...crazy good. The negative with the matte finish is that it definitely isn’t as beautiful as the naked screen for sure, but the glare reduction makes that worth it when the sun is blaring. I will say the matte finish screen protector reduces glare almost completely, but when the sun is right on it, it can also make it almost impossible to see that section. So no glare, but you do have some drawbacks. Either way, it is very worth it in my opinion.

Reactions: Soosh
I ordered in February. Like, respectfully, you ordered 2 weeks ago. Get in line ;)
See my response to @Surfit34 for more details but like, respectfully, it's not a competition. I wasn't comparing my frustration to yours or anyone else's. We are all in line together and we all deserve better customer service than this. Expecting a call back when one is promised or consistent communication in general shouldn't be too much to ask for. Tesla really needs to do better when it comes to these things. As I said before, I'm happy for everyone who's gotten their VIN/delivery and I'll be happy for everyone else who's still waiting when they get theirs. :)

I’m still 5 pages behind catching up from all you night owls 😁so you may have already gotten answers for this, but I highly recommend the Spigen matte finish screen protector...have one on my Model 3 for the last year and it is great. Already have another for my MY sitting in a pile with my other accessories just patiently waiting to be installed.

The best thing about it is the installation kit that comes with it...crazy good. The negative with the matte finish is that it definitely isn’t as beautiful as the naked screen for sure, but the glare reduction makes that worth it when the sun is blaring. I will say the matte finish screen protector reduces glare almost completely, but when the sun is right on it, it can also make it almost impossible to see that section. So no glare, but you do have some drawbacks. Either way, it is very worth it in my opinion.

damn you read my mind 😂 i just made this post. the touch issues is turning me off

Not sure yet, still waiting to take delivery.

I have used their screens protectors for all multiple devices in the house and have had no problems. And based on the reviews, I did not see anyone have degradation issues.

Being that is matte, I am guessing there will be a difference in brightness, but you will only notice it after you put it on. After that, your mind will forget. This at least happens on my phone and tablet screens. I prefer matte to reduce fingerprints and glare. I always forget the difference in brightness when I change it over time...but then quickly remember that fingerprints and sun glare piss me off 🤣

Honestly, I’ve never understood why people get screen protectors for their Teslas. This will be my third Tesla, I have three kids, car pools, a dog, etc and have never had any issues. I get it for a phone you may drop, but why on a car?
I can only see a screen protector being useful if the glare bothers you. They tend to introduce other problems like decreasing touch sensitivity and readability with polarized sunglasses.

Reactions: dsandhu