Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

digitalboi

Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2017
Orlando, FL
Sure - you'll see a representation of the car (pulling up on the left for instance on the highway) and it'll disappear for 2 or 3 seconds, then reappear. Happened multiple times in different circumstances while driving home.
Ah ok, yes I've seen that happen where the cars kinda jump around on the visualization. I've never had them disappear for that long its more like they kinda jump around next to you. it seems to be more when the cars are moving between the different cameras and the display is trying to figure out where to display them properly

Reactions: proximanova

chewong

May 25, 2021
Seattle, WA
Delivery question - I have a Tesla trade-in offer. But Carmax is offering me about $3,500 more, so I‘m going with them. Do I need to call and let them know ahead of time?
Depending on your state, you might have to pay sales tax when you are selling your car to carmax, whereas you don't have to pay sales tax when you are trading in with Tesla. I was about to sell my car to carmax but after accounting for sales tax, tesla and carmax have a similar offer. I just went with Tesla because I can just drop off my car on the delivery date at the dealership. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Apr 29, 2021
San Francisco
So my car just got more expensive by around $500. I ordered early April so I get the car in time. Tesla didn’t deliver and I am now moving to another city in a few days where sales tax is much higher.

firstEvcar

May 11, 2021
Seattle
Guys my car was supposed to get delivered tomorrow (touchless) and just now received a call that they identified an issue with power train which they need to fix and my delivery will get pushed by a week.The guy said typically they see 2-3 with such issue and it seems I’m the lucky one ? Anyone else faced such issue?

fender4645

May 2, 2021
Bay Area, CA
Depending on your state, you might have to pay sales tax when you are selling your car to carmax, whereas you don't have to pay sales tax when you are trading in with Tesla. I was about to sell my car to carmax but after accounting for sales tax, tesla and carmax have a similar offer. I just went with Tesla because I can just drop off my car on the delivery date at the dealership. Please correct me if I am wrong.
I think what you mean is that some states (most?) allow you to deduct the cost of your trade-in when determining the taxable value of the new car. So if your car is $60k and you trade in your existing car for $10k, you only pay sales tax on the difference - $50k. If you sell to a third party like Carmax or Carvana, you'll have to pay sales tax on the full $60k.

myfirstmy

May 28, 2021
Arlington VA
finally got my SA on the phone. She says she has no visibility on the VINs so she has no info no updates no nothing. She said to just wait. I’m not sure of the purpose of their existence if they know nothing and can do nothing. (Still waiting for VIN since 4/9…EDD now says June 15-27…but it really doesn’t mean anything)

Reactions: mtx450 and dsandhu

Pamdabull

May 31, 2021
Kansas City
finally got my SA on the phone. She says she has no visibility on the VINs so she has no info no updates no nothing. She said to just wait. I’m not sure of the purpose of their existence if they know nothing and can do nothing. (Still waiting for VIN since 4/9…EDD now says June 15-27…but it really doesn’t mean anything)
I'm in the same boat. I ordered on 4/6. I think really think that people that ordered in early April got screwed over in the system. For some reason we all got put to way back in the line.

DaddysCar

Supporting Member
Feb 23, 2021
Pale Blue Dot
Call the delivery manager (DA) and/or email *yourcity*[email protected] and give your RN and ask them to call you. Leave your worthless SA out of it.

blogreader

May 6, 2021
WA
So I decided to call the service center where I'd pick up (not the store where I put in the order), and the guy on the phone sounded like he was looking something up and then said I'd probably not get my car until July or August, because it's a 7 seater.

I asked if there were any other cars available that matched my general specs and he said there might be one, his manager would have to give me a call back.

Fun times.
I'm waiting for a 7 seater as well. What is your order date? And what is the EDD that shows up on the website?

JonInNH

May 20, 2021
New Hampshire
Does anyone know when, by VIN #, when they stopped installing the radar? I just today, June 1, got my VIN. It's in the 1839xx range. I see other people getting VINs in the 203xxx range.

Platini

Model Y LR White
Oct 2, 2019
Tampa, FL
Does anyone know when, by VIN #, when they stopped installing the radar? I just today, June 1, got my VIN. It's in the 1839xx range. I see other people getting VINs in the 203xxx range.
1839xx is built in May and has no radar. Also possibly no passenger seat lumbar adjustment.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC