Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sure - you'll see a representation of the car (pulling up on the left for instance on the highway) and it'll disappear for 2 or 3 seconds, then reappear. Happened multiple times in different circumstances while driving home.
Ah ok, yes I've seen that happen where the cars kinda jump around on the visualization. I've never had them disappear for that long its more like they kinda jump around next to you. it seems to be more when the cars are moving between the different cameras and the display is trying to figure out where to display them properly

Reactions: proximanova
Delivery question - I have a Tesla trade-in offer. But Carmax is offering me about $3,500 more, so I‘m going with them. Do I need to call and let them know ahead of time?
Depending on your state, you might have to pay sales tax when you are selling your car to carmax, whereas you don't have to pay sales tax when you are trading in with Tesla. I was about to sell my car to carmax but after accounting for sales tax, tesla and carmax have a similar offer. I just went with Tesla because I can just drop off my car on the delivery date at the dealership. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Depending on your state, you might have to pay sales tax when you are selling your car to carmax, whereas you don't have to pay sales tax when you are trading in with Tesla. I was about to sell my car to carmax but after accounting for sales tax, tesla and carmax have a similar offer. I just went with Tesla because I can just drop off my car on the delivery date at the dealership. Please correct me if I am wrong.
I think what you mean is that some states (most?) allow you to deduct the cost of your trade-in when determining the taxable value of the new car. So if your car is $60k and you trade in your existing car for $10k, you only pay sales tax on the difference - $50k. If you sell to a third party like Carmax or Carvana, you'll have to pay sales tax on the full $60k.

finally got my SA on the phone. She says she has no visibility on the VINs so she has no info no updates no nothing. She said to just wait. I’m not sure of the purpose of their existence if they know nothing and can do nothing. (Still waiting for VIN since 4/9…EDD now says June 15-27…but it really doesn’t mean anything)
I'm in the same boat. I ordered on 4/6. I think really think that people that ordered in early April got screwed over in the system. For some reason we all got put to way back in the line.

finally got my SA on the phone. She says she has no visibility on the VINs so she has no info no updates no nothing. She said to just wait. I’m not sure of the purpose of their existence if they know nothing and can do nothing. (Still waiting for VIN since 4/9…EDD now says June 15-27…but it really doesn’t mean anything)
Call the delivery manager (DA) and/or email *yourcity*[email protected] and give your RN and ask them to call you. Leave your worthless SA out of it.

So I decided to call the service center where I'd pick up (not the store where I put in the order), and the guy on the phone sounded like he was looking something up and then said I'd probably not get my car until July or August, because it's a 7 seater.

I asked if there were any other cars available that matched my general specs and he said there might be one, his manager would have to give me a call back.

Fun times.
I'm waiting for a 7 seater as well. What is your order date? And what is the EDD that shows up on the website?