Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ended up finding a MY similar to what I ordered, only difference is the black seats instead of white in the existing inventory, called the SA and asked him for more info about it, the car has only 16 miles in it and was in a showroom. I asked for that car and now picking up tomorrow. VIN 173132
I've never been so adamant about seats before on a vehicle, I can't get the black seats. Congratulations though!

Mostly agree on the superior experience at Tesla, but only if the timelines work for you.

There is a significant portion of the population who's only mildly interested in EVs, but completely lose interest when they hear that you have to order a Tesla online, wait for VIN, track bouncing delivery dates, etc. Maybe they're old fashioned, but these people certainly exist. They want to visit 2 or 3 dealerships, check out their inventory, look forward to haggling and coming to agreement on a best price, with a handshake, and let the salesperson do all the paperwork/computer work, make calls to the bank/insurance, while they sit around drinking dealership coffee. And after sitting around for a couple hours (not couple weeks/months), take home the new car.
I think it really depends on the person... I am an enthusiast by every definition of the word so yeah I am all over this site, all the new sites, etc. But I can say that our neighbor who ordered a M3 has not ever logged into the Tesla site since she placed her order at the end of April. When I talk to her about it she is very much not interested in any of the inner workings and is content sitting around going on as normal until she gets the call to schedule her delivery. My mom ordered her MY early April and she only started checking in with our SA when she planned a road trip and wanted to have the car for the drive LOL... I think its all in your perspective and interest level

Ended up finding a MY similar to what I ordered, only difference is the black seats instead of white in the existing inventory, called the SA and asked him for more info about it, the car has only 16 miles in it and was in a showroom. I asked for that car and now picking up tomorrow. VIN 173132
Gratz! Your wait is finally over! 🥳

Reactions: casey1202
My inventory vehicle is in NC and going to register at Atlanta, Georgia. These guys at Tesla say that I can’t drive to NC to pick up as I would be taxed on both states. Very strange. Any idea if this is really true?
Def not true, I've bought two vehicles in different states before. The dealer just charges the sales tax for the state the car is registered in

Exactly makes sense. My center at Georgia tells that I can pick up from NC. These guys are ripping us off however they can at this point. Raleigh Center no one picks up.Tesla from NV just gave this info. Pretty horrible communication.

I've never been so adamant about seats before on a vehicle, I can't get the black seats. Congratulations though!
I found an inventory Y in Nashville that matches my config exactly with the exception of the seats - black instead of white. I almost went for it...but decided to wait instead. I have a Model 3 with black seats...I really want the white seats in the Y.

Def not true, I've bought two vehicles in different states before. The dealer just charges the sales tax for the state the car is registered in
Agreed - not true. That has always been the case for me as well. I have only ever bought 1 car in SC where I live...we buy most of our cars in either Atlanta or in North Carolina as the car prices are always better for some reason (not counting Tesla's obviously). I always just pay SC taxes (which are almost nothing thankfully) no matter where I actually take delivery of the car.

Reactions: shanki
Will DCU provide a loan approval, without having to sign up for membership and make a deposit? I want the letter to get TSLA to match the rate.
You can get the loan approval, but I highly recommend taking a screenshot of that approval because they won’t provide you anything in writing (even if you ask) until you open a membership, send them your purchase order and actually get the Docusign agreement.

Picking up Fri from Mt Kisco. I got a delivery schedule text and when I went to schedule it was gone, but I kept trying the link and eventually was able to get back in and nab a spot for 6/4. So if you were like me and got boned trying to sched an appt, couldn't hurt to try the schedule link ocasionally. I got a text later that day too with the link again so seems like there's a pretty big delay

Reactions: Emmadiane