Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay, time for fun speculation that will pay off late tonight and keep our minds of continued Y delays.

Who thinks there will be an announcement (aside from FSD) relating specifically to the Model Y at the Plaid event tonight?

I will go first. I think no. Sole focus on Plaids, S/X refresh specifics and maybe FSD.
Wow. That might have been the most underwhelming, poorly executed live event I've ever seen. They could really take some cues from Apple when it comes to this kind of thing.

That being said, the S Plaid looks like a great car for sure but was this event really even necessary? No updates on FSD, no updates on batteries, no new and improved specs - literally just everything we already knew. 🤷‍♂️

The fact there was no mention of 4680 batteries for either the long range or plaid makes me think they still aren’t being used yet and that it’ll be a while before they come to the Y. I know Elon tweeted that Austin will only be producing Y’s with 4680 but he’s tweeted stuff before that gets backtracked on. We know they’re a while away from real volume production of those and they’ll need every single one they can make for the Cybertruck and the Semi.

Ordered MYLR Gray on May 31. Showed 2 week delivery when I ordered it. As of June 10, delivery is now Aug 13 - Sept 13 and I'm thinking the price is going to higher too. My charger was delivered today (took 10 days) but now there's no rush. I'm excited/not excited, if you know what I mean.

Reactions: BitJam and Collette
I am supposed to pick up our MYLR from Fremont factory on Jun 11th and got a text to saying do not come to pickup until you receive the pickup text from Tesla. It's 10pm on Jun 10 and still haven't received the text. Anybody has any experience with picking up from Fremont or anywhere else waiting for pick up text from Tesla?

Took delivery of MY yesterday afternoon in Paramus, NJ. The process was really smooth and easy.

The only two issues I found were that the glovebox sometimes gets stuck and has button has to be hit multiple times and the coat hanger in the rear passenger side does not stay closed. My DA helped log it to the delivery system and showed me how to make a service request. They will be coming to my house to fix the issues soon.

Also on door and panel gaps, the panel gaps were mostly good and nothing that would need to be fixed, but could definitely be better. The door alignment for the rear doors were also slightly off, but not enough that they would need to be adjusted. All the doors functioned properly with no rubbing.

All in all it was a very good experience, and the 200 mile ride back home was a lot of fun and I was able to use my first V3 supercharger. I will for sure be putting the acceleration into Chill mode for my daily commuting. Good luck to everyone else on delivery! It is so worth the wait!!!

Wow. That might have been the most underwhelming, poorly executed live event I've ever seen. They could really take some cues from Apple when it comes to this kind of thing.

That being said, the S Plaid looks like a great car for sure but was this event really even necessary? No updates on FSD, no updates on batteries, no new and improved specs - literally just everything we already knew. 🤷‍♂️
I mean, in their defense it was called the Model S Plaid Deliver event... not a Tesla announcement event LOL. They weren't announcing NEW products at this but rather revealing what they had already announced and delivering the product to customers. I think it was as advertised; we all just hopped for something more because we are not getting the S Plaid so what do we care about those people getting their cars? ROFL

Reactions: jjgg