Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if anyone else has herd this for the NE, but I was told this late in the Qtr, if you buy a demo/inventory car they are not transporting them. You will have to go to the location and pick up the car yourself.
@Mixman Do you mean if you buy an inventory car that's located in another city they won't transport the car to the nearest city that you'd like to pickup from?

Called my service center to ask what’s up with the erratic dates. Their comment was that the customer-facing system is undergoing some sort of change or upgrade that resets the status frequently. Seems odd. In any case, he said they have access to an internal tool that is much more accurate and he noted our order as scheduled in August. He said that’s been pretty accurate in his experience.

Now, that still doesn’t resolve my earlier issue with the current order window of 4-8 weeks being SHORTER than my 3 week old order wait time. Oh well, guess it’s just an exercise in patience!

Called my service center to ask what’s up with the erratic dates. Their comment was that the customer-facing system is undergoing some sort of change or upgrade that resets the status frequently. Seems odd. In any case, he said they have access to an internal tool that is much more accurate and he noted our order as scheduled in August. He said that’s been pretty accurate in his experience.

Now, that still doesn’t resolve my earlier issue with the current order window of 4-8 weeks being SHORTER than my 3 week old order wait time. Oh well, guess it’s just an exercise in patience!
What is your order date?

So I got on chat with an agent who mentioned that they have transitioned all their transports to truck deliveries to speed it up and that they often DC the battery pax while in transit to prevent drain or whatever, so the SA would have no way to GPS the car if that is the case... so I am holding my breath that its still on its way and likely very close to arriving here in Orlando.
I agree completely, there are to many VIN's in my range and higher that have been delivered already or are at the very least scheduled. To think that mine is "still in production" is asinine
Thanks--that seems a lot more plausible than still in production. When I checked the spreadsheet this morning and there was a VIN maybe 20 off from mine that had the same config (MSM, 20", no tow) that was already delivered. Either mine is in really bad shape at the factory or it's on the truck. I hope it's the latter... 🤞

• Love
Reactions: digitalboi
Interesting. When I ordered the car off the website it said "Denver" But that could have just meant where it was headed to, not necessarily that it was on the ground in Denver. I'll send another message to my SA that will probably go unanswered which will warrant a trip to the store.
So have a pick scheduled for Wed of a car that said Denver and not "in transit" but it hasnt arrived yet to the SC

That is my understanding of the process as well. I went ahead and paid in full ahead of delivery this week in Dallas.
Same. I paid in full online the morning I picked up the MY. Once I knew for sure the vehicle was at the Cedar Springs location and the pickup was confirmed the day before, I didn’t mind paying a few hours early. I couldn’t imagine that there would be anything so wrong with it that I’d actually refuse delivery (and there wasn’t).

So have a pick scheduled for Wed of a car that said Denver and not "in transit" but it hasn't arrived yet to the SC
That's in line with what they told me. Last Friday I ordered a MY that was "in inventory" at Colorado Springs. They texted me that the car should arrive at the Colorado Springs SC today and get "prepped" tomorrow and then be ready to ship the next day. If your car was in the same batch then it should be ready for pickup on Wednesday.

They are obviously shipping these inventory cars around and giving us a heads up a few days before they arrive at the final SC. That's okay by me although I was surprised when I first heard my inventory car wasn't at the SC yet. Getting an inventory car a day or two later than expected is much better than not getting an inventory car at all. Waiting two days is much better than waiting two months.

@Mixman Do you mean if you buy an inventory car that's located in another city they won't transport the car to the nearest city that you'd like to pickup from?
Yes, you would have to pick it up from that location. He said it’s because it’s so late in the Qtr and they don’t enough time to get those deliveries completed unless the customer gets their own car. Now this just applies to the NE, not sure about any other regions.

To add to this two SA’s told me that when you pick up the car in a different local you will be taxed accordingly. Well that sucks because NJ does not pay sales tax on EV’s. Maybe that’s why all of the demo’s/inv Y’s are gone in NJ?

Last edited:
Thanks--that seems a lot more plausible than still in production. When I checked the spreadsheet this morning and there was a VIN maybe 20 off from mine that had the same config (MSM, 20", no tow) that was already delivered. Either mine is in really bad shape at the factory or it's on the truck. I hope it's the latter... 🤞
🤞🏻here's hoping! maybe we are sharing the same slow truck driver LOL

Same. I paid in full online the morning I picked up the MY. Once I knew for sure the vehicle was at the Cedar Springs location and the pickup was confirmed the day before, I didn’t mind paying a few hours early. I couldn’t imagine that there would be anything so wrong with it that I’d actually refuse delivery (and there wasn’t).
Did you finance through 3rd party? mail them the finance check the day ahead?

Update: Got my VIN today & as set up for a June 25th drop off at my home. Friday I will be taking a floating holiday and plan to Roadtrip Portland, OR to Seattle, WA. Should have some fun/shop when in Seattle. Probably will only be around a little longer than it takes to for the M.3 to charge.
I'm in Portland, OR as well. MYLR, 7 seat, Black, 20": This morning my delivery window changed from July 8-28 to June 25-30. No VIN yet. Was also hoping for a trip to Seattle next weekend :)

Can they still not "ping" the car, or at least call the delivery truck?
according to the SA that I spoke to they can not GPS the car and there was no information in the system about it being on a truck assuming he looked or knew how...
Someone else I spoke to said that Tesla switched all their rail deliveries to truck so they were faster and that they sometimes disconnect the batteries which will of course disable the ability to GPS track it... I am REALLY hoping that is the case and its almost here. Also hoping that the fact my delivery estimate slipped a day this afternoon means nothing... ugh... Torture!

Well for the first time in I think 9 days my delivery window slipped by a day at some point this afternoon. Its now 26-30... man I really hope its on its way already I can't stand this much longer 😫
June 26-30 for me, too, it's been holding steady there for the past few days after wild swings. Ordered June 5th. I'm not feeling positive I'm going to see my car in June.