Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
according to the SA that I spoke to they can not GPS the car and there was no information in the system about it being on a truck assuming he looked or knew how...
Someone else I spoke to said that Tesla switched all their rail deliveries to truck so they were faster and that they sometimes disconnect the batteries which will of course disable the ability to GPS track it... I am REALLY hoping that is the case and its almost here. Also hoping that the fact my delivery estimate slipped a day this afternoon means nothing... ugh... Torture!
They can probably GPS the car carrier tractor.

I really lucked out. I ordered my LR My on June 8th and picked it up on Saturday June 19th. I was not prepared for it to be ready so soon, but I'm not complaining.

The really crappy part was that I curbed my wheel so badly on my way home, that now I need to replace the Right rear tire and wheel. I'm sooooo mad at myself. At least it's just the wheel and tire and i didn't crash it or something. I guess now I'm glad I didn't get the upgraded wheel, because then it would cost me even more to replace a tire with exactly 17 miles on it.

2021 MY LR Blue, white interior, FSD, no Tow hitch 19" Gemini wheels.

I really lucked out. I ordered my LR My on June 8th and picked it up on Saturday June 19th. I was not prepared for it to be ready so soon, but I'm not complaining.

The really crappy part was that I curbed my wheel so badly on my way home, that now I need to replace the Right rear tire and wheel. I'm sooooo mad at myself. At least it's just the wheel and tire and i didn't crash it or something. I guess now I'm glad I didn't get the upgraded wheel, because then it would cost me even more to replace a tire with exactly 17 miles on it.

Wow, that is really fast. I ordered June 5th, so you ordered after me and already have yours.

Two questions come to mind, sorry if I didn't see a discussion about this in this 14,500+ post thread!

Was your delivery prioritized because of your location (California), or was it because you opted for FSD? Or something else? 'm assuming FSD allows them to recognize more revenue than otherwise, so maybe that helps to prioritize? Has this rang true for anyone else with FSD?

Wow, that is really fast. I ordered June 5th, so you ordered after me and already have yours.

Two questions come to mind, sorry if I didn't see a discussion about this in this 14,500+ post thread!

Was your delivery prioritized because of your location (California), or was it because you opted for FSD? Or something else? 'm assuming FSD allows them to recognize more revenue than otherwise, so maybe that helps to prioritize? Has this rang true for anyone else with FSD?
I honestly don't know why my order came so quickly. I know others who ordered in San Diego have not had such good luck. My original delivery date was Late Aug - late September, then it jumped to July, then it was suddenly done and had a VIN number last week. Maybe they had someone else in the area cancel with the same specs as mine so I jumped up to get that one. You don't see the blue with white interior that often, so maybe it was just luck.

Took delivery of our Y tonight its amazing, so much fun. A great experience at the lot, they gave us plenty of time to meet our car, came out and asked if we had any questions, we pointed out 2 things (a door handle that wasn't flush and I wouldn't have noticed had the other ones not been so perfect, and a paint spot on the hatch close button). SA is working on scheduling mobile service for those. I'll say this though I could tell they appreciated being treated respectfully and trusting them, he specifically mentioned he appreciated me not being a checklister and trusting that they'd correct any problems.

Ordered March 18, Delivered June 21, I reached out 2 times to my SA during that period. Once to inquire about a problem in my wife's account, and the other to get the Leinholder address for insurance. He called for pickup while we were on vacation, could have easily told us we had 3 days and they'd give the car to someone else, they just scheduled it for when we were back. Great experience from start to finish, now I'm looking forward to having some fun with it/

I honestly don't know why my order came so quickly. I know others who ordered in San Diego have not had such good luck. My original delivery date was Late Aug - late September, then it jumped to July, then it was suddenly done and had a VIN number last week. Maybe they had someone else in the area cancel with the same specs as mine so I jumped up to get that one. You don't see the blue with white interior that often, so maybe it was just luck.
Interesting. I also ordered the blue w/ white interior. I think it's beautiful. Didn't ever consider that it wouldn't be that common.

Reactions: BitJam
Took delivery of our Y tonight its amazing, so much fun. A great experience at the lot, they gave us plenty of time to meet our car, came out and asked if we had any questions, we pointed out 2 things (a door handle that wasn't flush and I wouldn't have noticed had the other ones not been so perfect, and a paint spot on the hatch close button). SA is working on scheduling mobile service for those. I'll say this though I could tell they appreciated being treated respectfully and trusting them, he specifically mentioned he appreciated me not being a checklister and trusting that they'd correct any problems.

Ordered March 18, Delivered June 21, I reached out 2 times to my SA during that period. Once to inquire about a problem in my wife's account, and the other to get the Leinholder address for insurance. He called for pickup while we were on vacation, could have easily told us we had 3 days and they'd give the car to someone else, they just scheduled it for when we were back. Great experience from start to finish, now I'm looking forward to having some fun with it/
The checklister comment by them is a bit off putting. I don’t think using a list of things to remind you to check is a bad thing, nor should be frowned upon. You can definitely run through a checklist in 30 mins or less, it doesn’t always mean it will take 4 hours of time.

I’m in CA ordered on 4/30 and still no VIN. There is no rhyme or reason as to who gets a car!

Reactions: elizabeth22
Ordered 5/5. So far, my EDD has danced as follows... 6/13-6/25, 6/17-6/25, 6/18-6/30, 6/19-6/30, September, 6/19-6/30, 7/4-7/25, 6/21-6/30, 6/22-6/30, now 6/23-6/30... I ended up finding an almost exact build (white instead of black interior) demo with 345 miles that was close enough to transport for free. It's about $2,500 more ($1k for white interior and $1.5k price increase) but I can take delivery on Thursday the 24th. I don't like throwing away $2,500, especially for a demo vs new, but I'm tired of doing the EDD dance... Am I being crazy?

how so fast ?? I placed my order the same date as yours!!

Hi!
I've been reading this forum for a while now trying to figure out when to expect my MY and in the process I have learned so much more...so thanks community!

Here is my timeline:
June 5th: ordered MY, charcoal, 7 seater, 19" wheels
June 5th: SC gave me a delivery date of end of June, Sept latest
June 6th: System says EDD of July/Aug
June 7-18: EDD Sept/Oct
June 20th (at 3AM): Found my car in inventory plus tow hitch- Ordered online
June 20th: 11AM, called SC and asked what to do next...filled out finance application again. I asked for Vin and location and was told it's 214xxx; MY is sitting outside the factory and should be delivered by the weekend
June 21 (today): got a text to confirm delivery date
June 24: will be picking up the MY!!

I wouldn't have known to check inventory if it wasn't for you guys....so extra thanks!

Location: Vancouver, BC (was also checking inventory in Seattle)

Just catching up in this thread…. Been a while since I’ve caught up.

my opinions….

AB - for those of us debating about MYP or MYLR, this is really where the value lies. I have caught myself saying "if I switch to a MYP I can get it sooner, I’ll have a faster car (if you’re not first you‘re last (tm-RickyBobbyInc), and I’ll possibly have a higher resale value". Then I realize, the wheels scare me (tiny sidewall = flats, curb rash, staggered formation so more cost for tires and you can"t rotate them) and the suspension is even more harsh than the MYLR and people complain about how harsh that suspension is. I’m coming from a prior ‘09 C63 so a stiff suspension is fine, but the MYP i think will be too much (for sure for the wife). Now for $2k you get 50% of the performance, keep wheels that you can rotate tires on, softer suspension and even may look a little stealth? Sign me up!! That said, bottomless wallet I’d take the MYP.

EDD - I had my order on hold until 6/4, but in hindsight if I had a completed profile before it was on hold I may have an earlier EDD. As it stands I’m looking at August. when my Edd was 8/2-8/22 my SA told me my gate date was 8/7. Now my EDD is 8/9-8/29 he said my gate date is 8/12. I really think it’s just the crazy logic Tesla supply chain/manufacturing systems at work. There is no logic to us, but on the back end changes are happening for a reason and it cares nothing about your emotions, frustrations or expectations. I think as orders near 60+ days, they get a higher priority, but even that doesn’t guarantee a delivery in your initial timeframe.

This will be an exercise in patience, humility, patience (did I say that already) and ultimately reward as you drive off in your brand new custom built Tesla designed by you, built for you.

It pains me to say this, especially as for some where the wait has been hands down wayyy to long, but you have to enjoy the ride. This will one day be a story you share with friends, but as you get back into your MY you’ll forget all about it as you zip off and enjoy the ride.

Stay Positive!!!

Last edited: