Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The demo I ordered on Friday arrived in Colorado Springs tonight. They said they plan to do a complete detail [process] tomorrow (whatever that means. Any clues?) and then it will be ready to ship. They also said shipping usually adds a 7 to 10 day additional delay. They will only contact the 3rd party shipper after the detail [process] and after I pay in full.

Maybe others expecting inventory cars in the Denver area will also see their cars showing up.

I'm hoping my old car will make it to the bank and back tomorrow. I paid $2,000 for it 20 years ago and it's literally falling apart now. When I was driving it home from the shop today the facing on the glove box fell off. I glued it back on. Last week when I was gluing on molding that was falling off the driver's door there was some kind of short circuit probably in the wiring harness going to the door. The locks chattered and then the battery died. I had to have it towed to the shop after I ordered the Tesla.

The demo I ordered on Friday arrived in Colorado Springs tonight. They said they plan to do a complete detail [process] tomorrow (whatever that means. Any clues?) and then it will be ready to ship. They also said shipping usually adds a 7 to 10 day additional delay. They will only contact the 3rd party shipper after the detail [process] and after I pay in full.

Maybe others expecting inventory cars in the Denver area will also see their cars showing up.

I'm hoping my old car will make it to the bank and back tomorrow. I paid $2,000 for it 20 years ago and it's literally falling apart now. When I was driving it home from the shop today the facing on the glove box fell off. I glued it back on. Last week when I was gluing on molding that was falling off the driver's door there was some kind of short circuit probably in the wiring harness going to the door. The locks chattered and then the battery died. I had to have it towed to the shop after I ordered the Tesla.
/reference to Christine

Fellow Texas owners, please help clarify!!

I was under the impression that you can walk the car, then initiate down payment through the account, and hand the service center your finance portion check. My SA said that’s not the case for Texas. I have to pay the down payment and mail them the finance check ahead of delivery date of June 24th. Can anyone confirm if this is true for DFW area service centers?

That is my understanding of the process as well. I went ahead and paid in full ahead of delivery this week in Dallas.
Are we absolutely sure about this? Tesla wants you to pay ahead of time, but you don't have to. I handed over a personal check when I picked up my P3D+, post-inspection. Yes, that was in Los Angeles, and I know sales in Texas have to go thru various loopholes, but are we absolutely sure that this is necessary and not just what SAs are trained to tell us? They said the same thing to me in CA until I pressed them hard about it and they admitted I didn't have to provide payment ahead of time. It's terrible if you have to pay in advance in case you need to refuse the car — your money will be tied up for some time in Tesla's acct.

Reactions: BitJam
Also

Oh, it's a MYLR

Also, Prime Day has quite a few Tesla accessories on sale, I'm getting:

Floor mats
Wheel caps
Mud flaps
Matte screen protector (any recs on glass vs film?)
I spent way too much money today. I had a Tesla wish list and got a bunch of stuff off it today. Figured I would buy it all eventually so I might as well get it on sale. I got a new micro SD with reader, a headliner, console organizer, and window shades and air mattress for camping.

Well for the first time in I think 9 days my delivery window slipped by a day at some point this afternoon. Its now 26-30... man I really hope its on its way already I can't stand this much longer 😫
And as of this morning its slipped again... down to 27-30... I am starting to think maybe that SA was right and it hasn't even left freemont yet, which if thats the case I am going to be pissed unless I get a good reason why its been sitting there this whole time.

Ordered 5/5. So far, my EDD has danced as follows... 6/13-6/25, 6/17-6/25, 6/18-6/30, 6/19-6/30, September, 6/19-6/30, 7/4-7/25, 6/21-6/30, 6/22-6/30, now 6/23-6/30... I ended up finding an almost exact build (white instead of black interior) demo with 345 miles that was close enough to transport for free. It's about $2,500 more ($1k for white interior and $1.5k price increase) but I can take delivery on Thursday the 24th. I don't like throwing away $2,500, especially for a demo vs new, but I'm tired of doing the EDD dance... Am I being crazy?
Not at all... honestly if it wasn't such a big difference in price for mine (pre-order) then I would have done it a while ago

Sounds like you are more than due for a new car! 🤞🏻it comes quickly!

Are we absolutely sure about this? Tesla wants you to pay ahead of time, but you don't have to. I handed over a personal check when I picked up my P3D+, post-inspection. Yes, that was in Los Angeles, and I know sales in Texas have to go thru various loopholes, but are we absolutely sure that this is necessary and not just what SAs are trained to tell us? They said the same thing to me in CA until I pressed them hard about it and they admitted I didn't have to provide payment ahead of time. It's terrible if you have to pay in advance in case you need to refuse the car — your money will be tied up for some time in Tesla's acct.
That’s exactly my concern. Turns out in Texas you do have to pay first.

Reactions: BitJam
Anyone notice that for existing inventory the website no longer shows estimated transportation fee? It used to ask for your zip and show you how much it would cost.
Someone in this thread or another mentioned that they’re not shipping them around this close to the end of the quarter except in certain situations. Everything is “available for pickup at [somewhere]” instead of a transport fee.

what do you mean sentry mode? every tesla has sentry mode and it is functioning..
There are a few youtube videos and posts on TMC about this- apparently the new "no radar" model 3 and Y seem to be having a problem with Sentry mode. It's just a software problem, though, and will certainly be fixed soon.

Ryan Shaw mentions this in his latest video as well (posted below).

There are a few youtube videos and posts on TMC about this- apparently the new "no radar" model 3 and Y seem to be having a problem with Sentry mode. It's just a software problem, though, and will certainly be fixed soon.

Ryan Shaw mentions this in his latest video as well (posted below).

By the way, I highly recommend Ryan's channel and videos. I've been watching him for some time now and he does a great job and presentation in them.

And as of this morning its slipped again... down to 27-30... I am starting to think maybe that SA was right and it hasn't even left freemont yet, which if thats the case I am going to be pissed unless I get a good reason why its been sitting there this whole time.
So sorry to hear that! Mine is the 24-30 still, but still no sign of if it has left Fremont, on a random truck or train, or ?!? I feel like they should be able to provide an answer if it has left the factory gate yet, but they either don't want to say it or don't have the information.

Reactions: cancoi
By the way, I highly recommend Ryan's channel and videos. I've been watching him for some time now and he does a great job and presentation in them.
Ryan Shaw, Andy Slye Ben Sullins and Kyle Connor from Out of Spec Studios (he has a few channels and partners with invideEV and does EV reviews and range tests), they all helped me make my decision to get a Tesla, and convince my other half why the price tag is worth every penny.