Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How did the 4/18 build date compare to the date you received your vin?
I got the VIN on the same day. It just showed up when I refreshed the page. I advised my insurance with the VIN# on the 18th as well. I got my delivery appointment set option text message on the 23rd of April. Car arrived here to be prepped on May 2 My SA said the delivery appointment option is only sent when the car has been loaded on the train.

Today I got a robo call from Tesla to confirm my pickup appointment tomorrow.

Last edited:
I got the VIN on the same day. It just showed up when I refreshed the page. I advised my insurance with the VIN# on the 18th as well. I got my delivery appointment set option text message on the 23rd of April. Car arrived here to be prepped on May 2 My SA said the delivery appointment option is only sent when the car has been loaded on the train.
I second all this except my VIN updated on my account on April 16th.

OK, you all convinced me to finally join the forums. I have been stalking this thread for a few weeks now (since I placed my order for a Model Y on 4/21 and completed profile that same day. We (my wife and I) where approved for financing within 2 hours of choosing vehicle. Currently sitting at 5/19-6/8 for estimate. I also did see the moving dates, but for about 4 days now, mine hasn't moved. No VIN yet. Just the area to input insurance.

Build is:
Midnight Silver
Five Seater
Black Interior
Long Range
No FSD
No Tow Hitch

Georgia outside of Atlanta. Won't home deliver, so will have to pick up at Alpharetta-Roswell location.

OK, you all convinced me to finally join the forums. I have been stalking this thread for a few weeks now (since I placed my order for a Model Y on 4/21 and completed profile that same day. We (my wife and I) where approved for financing within 2 hours of choosing vehicle. Currently sitting at 5/19-6/8 for estimate. I also did see the moving dates, but for about 4 days now, mine hasn't moved. No VIN yet. Just the area to input insurance.

Build is:
Midnight Silver
Five Seater
Black Interior
Long Range
No FSD
No Tow Hitch

Georgia outside of Atlanta. Won't home deliver, so will have to pick up at Alpharetta-Roswell location.
Forgot the 20" induction wheels

I wish I hadn't listened to my SA. I ordered 4/10 in Columbus, Ohio and had read not to apply for financing until you were sure your car was actually coming. The SA pressured me to do so anyway, proudly claiming "we're 4 weeks out, max!", so I did. My original delivery estimates were anywhere from 5/1-5/10. I figured all would be fine.

Last week they got a huge push and now I'm 5/25/-6/15. Jesus that's disappointing. The SA has, of course, fallen off the face of the earth. Emails, phone calls, nothing. I'm tempted to drive over to the SC and see if I can trap him in a corner just so he'll actually talk to me.

All in all it's been a pretty disappointing start. I'm sure I'll love the car, but patience isn't my strong suit to begin with. Some communication from Tesla would be preferable to none.

The wait continues.

I wish I hadn't listened to my SA. I ordered 4/10 in Columbus, Ohio and had read not to apply for financing until you were sure your car was actually coming. The SA pressured me to do so anyway, proudly claiming "we're 4 weeks out, max!", so I did. My original delivery estimates were anywhere from 5/1-5/10. I figured all would be fine.

Last week they got a huge push and now I'm 5/25/-6/15. Jesus that's disappointing. The SA has, of course, fallen off the face of the earth. Emails, phone calls, nothing. I'm tempted to drive over to the SC and see if I can trap him in a corner just so he'll actually talk to me.

All in all it's been a pretty disappointing start. I'm sure I'll love the car, but patience isn't my strong suit to begin with. Some communication from Tesla would be preferable to none.

The wait continues.
What happens when your finance laps before you get a VIN/vehicle? Do they ever extend the offer or do you have to re apply all over again, and take another credit check hit?