Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Talked with a different SA at Carlsbad SC today about a car I found in existing inventory, which unfortunately did not pane out. But he looked at my present order and stated that I should be receiving that car at the end of June sometime.

So, the Estimated Delivery date and SA Estimated Delivery date are just place holders. He did state that if a car comes up in the exact config as the one I ordered that the system would try to match it to me if there are not a lot of other people with the same config in front of me. But he stated that is more of a hit or miss opportunity.

Last edited:
Reactions: chrischu5
Talked with a different SA at Carlsbad SC today about a car I found in existing inventory, which unfortunately did not pane out. But he looked at my present order and stated that I should be receiving that car at the end of June sometime.

So, the Estimated Delivery date and SA Estimated Delivery date are just place holders. He did state that if a car comes up in the exact config as the one I ordered that the system would try to match it to me if there are not a lot of other people with the same config in front of me. But he stated that is more of a hit or miss opportunity.
I ordered 4/2 and have a 20 May-9 Jun Est Del Date. He's telling you end of June! That's at the end of the quarter and you ordered like me at the beginning. When I see folks with 4/19 order dates and getting VINs, that's just plain wrong. I ordered a MYP Red and my SA told me the same thing end of Jun. Yep, getting frustrated....I love the car, and how easy to get exactly what you want, however the waiting/rolling est delivery date process is terrible.

I ordered 4/2 and have a 20 May-9 Jun Est Del Date. He's telling you end of June! That's at the end of the quarter and you ordered like me at the beginning. When I see folks with 4/19 order dates and getting VINs, that's just plain wrong. I ordered a MYP Red and my SA told me the same thing end of Jun. Yep, getting frustrated....I love the car, and how easy to get exactly what you want, however the waiting/rolling est delivery date process is terrible.
I have the same dates and order date as you, my original dates when ordered was April 21-May 9 its plain crazy

What is the date showing on the website for you? Does it show end of June in your estimated or is what your SA is telling you much different than what your account is telling you? Either way, end of June sounds devastating

What is the date showing on the website for you? Does it show end of June in your estimated or is what your SA is telling you much different than what your account is telling you? Either way, end of June sounds devastating
My estimated delivery is 5/15 - 6/04 but now I know to expect the worse. I already do not check my profile except for once a day. The only reason I called to talk to a SA was due to spotting a car with a similar config but different color and I was too late. Someone else put a reservation on it.

Last edited:
Still stuck at June 21-30. That would put us at 11 weeks, should that date stand. Pretty bummed if that's the timing.

I mean, We'll stay the course and get our car but, we are Struggling a little.

Its difficult, being that here in the USA we require instant gratification with what we want. It's just as true for cars. IE: drive into lot, see car, get car. Its exciting and its psychologically VERY rewarding. But was it ACTUALLY the one you wanted? Or did you just see one you liked and settle? Contrast that agains waiting 2 months for a car you know you want, and its a brain bender lol

Again, first time in 15 yrs Wife and I were on a test drive and BOTH were over the moon for a car.

I suppose We could do the sensible thing, and go get another run of the mill vehicle... but yawn.

Still excited, trying to maintain that excitement.
We're in the same boat. Helped a family member buy a new Chevy Bolt (2020, basically 20k down from MSRP), definitely much faster process but man do I HATE buying cars from traditional dealers. The Bolt impressed me a lot, so I'm that much more excited for the Y. Slowly converting everyone to EV's 😂

Reactions: Peelz and StoicKiwi
My dates for June 9-29 disappeared last week. Ordered March 27 or so. MY LR 5. Since last Thursday it has been 1-10 weeks from order date. Still shows that. Anyone with a similar experience?
My dates disappeared Friday, I think. Ordered March 31. My dates were June 9-29 prior to the dates disappearing as well. We are in the same exact boat. My SA only gives the generic answer that she is awaiting the vin to be assigned, which seems light years away.

Just a final update here... Ordered 4/1 and took delivery today. Only one minor panel gap issue at the rear trunk and some paint coming off the door hinge bolts from where tools were used to adjust them. Not sure if that was factory or if the pre delivery inspection made those mods. But nevertheless, looks great! It does have the new console, heated steering wheel but no adaptive headlights 🤦‍♂️ My VIN is 173xxx and had a build date of April of ‘21. There were a ton at my SC being delivered so everyone hang in there; they’re definitely delivering them at a high pace!

2A01EECA-5116-4F92-9678-684922B2773D.jpeg

Just a final update here... Ordered 4/1 and took delivery today. Only one minor panel gap issue at the rear trunk and some paint coming off the door hinge bolts from where tools were used to adjust them. Not sure if that was factory or if the pre delivery inspection made those mods. But nevertheless, looks great! It does have the new console, heated steering wheel but no adaptive headlights 🤦‍♂️ My VIN is 173xxx and had a build date of April of ‘21. There were a ton at my SC being delivered so everyone hang in there; they’re definitely delivering them at a high pace!

View attachment 659244
Nice and congrats! That's my exact config too.

View attachment 659244
Congrats man! I am thinking that my long range will also come with 'old' headlights. Wonder if it would be covered under tesla to update them once they are in more vehicles. If you find this answer out please let me know

Reactions: ZC3505
Nice! We have the same exact configuration. But I ordered mine and completed profile on 3/30 and I live in CA. According to my SA, original estimate was in June. Current estimated delivery is from May 6 - May 26.

I don't mind the wait. My problem is, because of a really good quote from a buyer, I sold my first Tesla - 2019 M3 SR+ on April 3. Currently driving my wife's Honda CRV.

It's been exactly a month without my Tesla and I definitely miss the performance, safety measures, 1-pedal driving, and Autopilot! We miss watching Netflix while parked in the car, too. And after driving an EV for nearly 2 years, it feels so strange going back to the gas station.

Good luck to ya!
We’re Northern Virginia / DC Metro area, so will have some extra time lag with the East Coast trains and trucks crew. LOL. I’m excited about the MY, and at least this forum and the delivery window roulette is distracting and fun the play. I’m pretty sure Carvana and supply/demand will still be at a premium in a month, so have held off selling my Explorer Sport. Definitely eager for the MY, as with most folks, after the test drive, I want it NOW. lol.