Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Order Date 4/13/2021 (Los Angeles) - MY LR AWD / Pearl White / All Black / 20" Inductions

Recent updates:
4/26-4/28: May 6-26
4/29: May 12-June 1
4/30: May 13-June 2

I can't believe some of you guys who ordered in March are still waiting or have dates into June. That's annoying. :(
I ordered March 15. Last date shown was May 12 - May 26 which I got on Monday. Then the dates disappeared and I haven't seen anything since, despite refreshing multiple times a day. As long as it shows up before the end of the 1 - 11 week estimate on the order page when I ordered, I guess I'll be happy.

Same LOL, I just installed the wall charger yesterday, it is so lonely without the car.

it is a first world problem to be sure, and i'm struggling with shame from being upset about it.

:p

It really has been a LONG time since we've been excited about a car. Last NEW vehicle we bought was a Nissan Quest in 2005. Its always just been buying cars out of necessity. Our marital conversation: "This car works, what do you think? sure lets get it"

In contrast to The Model Y, after MAYBE 3 minutes on the open road: "Uhhhh We have to get this car"

I am glad Tesla took the no commission approach because I had ZERO pokerface and would have probably been worked over for all sorts of nonsense fees lol.

Looks like the parts for our cars are at the bottom of the ocean. At least they'll be able to make Teslas in Atlantis now 😜

Screenshot_20210430-072135.png

• Informative
Reactions: Emmadiane and Peelz
So I’ve been holding off on uploading my existing proof of insurance but thought maybe if I do it, it’ll push my order along (wishful thinking I know). Of course now all of a sudden the option to upload files
Finaleupdate. Notified via eMail Sunday, 4/25, the car would deliver Thursday, 4/29, between 9am to 6pm. Received an eMailed Wednesday to finish a "new" registration form that was posted on my Tesla logIn. Paper work finished Thursday @ 8:00am. Car was delivered, 4/29, at 11:00 to outside my garage (per my request). I walked out and met the driver before he could finish his log in. Nice guy - enthusiastic and we chatted for a few minutes - then he was on his way. This was a hands free delivery. I received a text from Tesla to login to my iPhone Tesla App - within 5 minutes I was sent access to my phone allowing me to open the car and begin my "set-up". 5 more minutes and I'm doing the setup and buying/downloading the "performance upgrade" and a software update. By 11:30 I'm out for a drive. The car was perfect. Not a single flaw, fabulous car. I only talked to two people - from the test drive to the final delivery. What a great experience!
That’s fantastic! What part of CA are you in?

Just a quick update. My dates wer

Miracles do happen. I ordered that exact configuration on 4/12. LR AWD, MSM, White interior, 20” wheels, Tow Hitch, no FSD. 5 Seat. Expected date was 5/11-5/21. Received my VIN 5 days ago. Took delivery today!
Wow. Did you finance, lease, or pay cash? I have a similar configuration, ordered on 4/7, ordering from San Francisco (Black Interior, No Tow Hitch, FSD) and my current dates are June 5 - June 30 (My original dates were 5/8 - 6/8).

Ordered April 4. Estimated delivery date still sitting at June 9-29. This is beyond the “5-9 weeks” that was listed when I purchased. Also beyond the loan approval date from Tesla. I called the delivery center and was told late June was a realistic estimate. That would put me at 12 weeks from order date.

Stuck here on an end of May date, I've forced myself to only check once in the morning, and once at night. The urge to check if there's a change is real, but unhealthy :eek:

Ordered on 4/21, MY LR , White and Black Interior, 19", delivery to San Diego

4/22 AM: May 22 - June 11
4/23 AM: May 20 - June 09
4/24 AM: May 30 - June 19
4/24 PM: June 02 - June 22
4/25 AM: May 15 - June 04
4/26 AM: May 14 - June 03
4/26 PM: May 16 - June 05
4/27 AM: May 15 - June 04
4/28 AM: May 15 - June 04
4/29 AM: May 22 - June 11
4/30 AM: May 22 - June 11

Reactions: MrsLabib
I ordered 4/9, and the past three weeks has been the same: earlier dates in the beginning of the week, pushes out at the end of the week. Same this week with "6 - 10 weeks from order date" now appearing. That timeframe overlaps with the prior date ranges that have been provided. Ultimately, it has been fairly consistent +/- a week or so. About 2 weeks ago, my SA said that it would be rolling off the assembly line around the 3rd week of May. It is the car I want in the configuration I want, so I'll wait until it is delivered.

Reading through the forums, it's pretty clear that people who ordered around 4/01 to 4/11 are in one batch of production, and the people who ordered from 04/12- today are in a much later batch. Hopefully it's all sooner than we are expecting
What is odd though, they delivered many orders from the 4/01-4/7 timeframe. Those that didn't get a car had no discernable pattern on why they were left out. They started on the east coast, central, and then west in a predictable pattern filling orders in that way.

It looks like those left out are in the "next round" but I see lots of overlap on time on orders. i.e. people order post 4/12 having VINs already on having a shorter deliveries. It seems like everything is all over the place. The only pattern I am maybe able to find is they are going in reverse on location. West coast is getting first on the second shipment, central next, and the poor east coasters having the longest time to delivery.