Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone in LA/Orange County received any new info? Maybe from the website or SA? Just like @FastAttack said. There was a glitch in the portal which didn't allow the VIN to be visible on the website. REALLY HOPING this is the issue for many and we have a VIN without knowing (Wishful thinking).

Please let me know if you get any new info!! Thanks!
not as simple as a glitch in the portal. I believe its their factory to assignment back to the systems that talk to the portal. So the factory might've already assigned the VIN but the other systems that talk to it are not populating the vin. Thats why also SA's are not able to tell you your vin.

The reason they dug up my problem is that I cleared the "Gate" almost a week and a half ago for vin assignment and some specific entry was blank on the system which should not occur.

MY SA was a cool dude and reported the issue and just go the answer today about this issue.

Reactions: Emmadiane
not as simple as a glitch in the portal. I believe its their factory to assignment back to the systems that talk to the portal. So the factory might've already assigned the VIN but the other systems that talk to it are not populating the vin. Thats why also SA's are not able to tell you your vin.

The reason they dug up my problem is that I cleared the "Gate" almost a week and a half ago for vin assignment and some specific entry was blank on the system which should not occur.

MY SA was a cool dude and reported the issue and just go the answer today about this issue.
How do you know when you’ve “cleared the gate”?

I got real great news on my end. So it seems like some of us are part of a software update issue problem and that's why we are not getting assigned VIN numbers from our portal. They have actually assigned me a VIN number but my own portal will not show it until next week around tuesday when they do a fix.

The vehicle is already in transit to tampa and tentatively scheduled for the 17th as a delivery date.

One thing i forgot to add, my SA mentioned that they got a pretty healthy inventory of Cars coming to Tampa at the end of next week we a very busy delivery schedule on the week of the 17th.
Hmmm if that has any merit it would explain why my SA gave me an estimated delivery date around 5/21 despite online saying late June.

How do you know when you’ve “cleared the gate”?
its the system that queries the factory. Usually SA's don' t like to query it as its slow and its not accurate until the vehicle is already closed to being done. The "Gate" i am not sure of the proper term is one of the many steps the car goes through to get to your vin assignment.

Reactions: Emmadiane
Ordered 04/19 from NY (deposit post date): Red, black interior, LR, 20" wheels, 5 seat. Home charger (Chargepoint) being installed tomorrow. Have Matte screen protector, Matte blace spoiler trim, 250 Gb EVO SSD, Mud Flaps and Maxspider 3D floor mats. All sitting in my house awaiting something to apply them to. Noticed Tesla.com was either maintaining itself or crashing this morning (accessing it from NY). Came home this evening, at least "expected" date has not pushed back. Now I'm wondering if I'm going to eventually have to deal with financing issues since I'm sure the arrival date is going to be so far out from the original approval date of April 19. Sent an e-mail to my local test drive rep. No response yet (out of office).

April 21 - May 19 to June 4
April 29 - June 4 to 28
May 1 - June 5 to 25
May 1 afternoon - June 10 to June 30
May 2 - June 2 to 22
May 3 - June 3 to 23
May 4 - June 4 to 24
May 5 - June 16 to 30
May 6 - June 15 to 30

Anxiously awaiting hoping this does not get pushed to 3rd quarter.

I got real great news on my end. So it seems like some of us are part of a software update issue problem and that's why we are not getting assigned VIN numbers from our portal. They have actually assigned me a VIN number but my own portal will not show it until next week around tuesday when they do a fix.

The vehicle is already in transit to tampa and tentatively scheduled for the 17th as a delivery date.

One thing i forgot to add, my SA mentioned that they got a pretty healthy inventory of Cars coming to Tampa at the end of next week we a very busy delivery schedule on the week of the 17th.
Thanks @FastAttack, you just made my day. Keeping my hopes of taking delivery soon alive :)

God I hope so

Well so much for picking up the car this weekend. Originally scheduled for Saturday 5/8 but it was going to rain and wanted not to have to inspect the car in pouring rain so scheduled it for tomorrow. Car was supposed to arrive from Chicago today. Got a call today that the logistics estimate was not accurate and the car still hasn’t arrived in Chicago!! WTF!! I had rearranged my entire work schedule just for this! Now I have to wait for car to arrive maybe early next week and then wait till next weekend again. That sucks.
So there is an end to this fiasco...after being told on Thursday morning that the car had not arrived in Chicago yet, I get a call friday morning that good news, car is on the trailer and scheduled to arrive in St louis in the hour so you can still pick it up today! I scramble to get work taken care of and head down there with the family to pick up the new car. Delivery went smoothly, only two issues on the inspection. One was the passenger front window wasn't sealing into the trim properly with the auto close so left a gap that you had to push in when auto close happened. Also a defect/scratch in the same door trim by the side view mirror. Service guy said they would have to replace the trim and it would fix both issues. I couldn't wait to leave the car there for another few days so decided to do a mobile service to do it and install homelink as well. The folks at the St Louis service center were great to work with, was able to pay with personal check no issues. Best part of it all was that I was able to go to Carvana without an appt( my appt was next friday 14th at 7pm) and sell the car to them! It couldn't all have gone any better. Super pleased with the car, drives great, now just need to put in all my mats, install screen protector and PPF. Thanks to all who have given suggestions along the way, and good luck to those waiting for theirs!

Does anyone know FOR SURE what comes with your Tesla when you pick it up? I’d hate to buy something that I get already. I’m sure it’s not much, but just want to make sure.

Blue, 7 Seat, No FSD, 20”, All black interior. Ordered 3/31. Current delivery date: no dates listed on my account screen and has been that way for a week. Last date showed 2 June.

So there is an end to this fiasco...after being told on Thursday morning that the car had not arrived in Chicago yet, I get a call friday morning that good news, car is on the trailer and scheduled to arrive in St louis in the hour so you can still pick it up today! I scramble to get work taken care of and head down there with the family to pick up the new car. Delivery went smoothly, only two issues on the inspection. One was the passenger front window wasn't sealing into the trim properly with the auto close so left a gap that you had to push in when auto close happened. Also a defect/scratch in the same door trim by the side view mirror. Service guy said they would have to replace the trim and it would fix both issues. I couldn't wait to leave the car there for another few days so decided to do a mobile service to do it and install homelink as well. The folks at the St Louis service center were great to work with, was able to pay with personal check no issues. Best part of it all was that I was able to go to Carvana without an appt( my appt was next friday 14th at 7pm) and sell the car to them! It couldn't all have gone any better. Super pleased with the car, drives great, now just need to put in all my mats, install screen protector and PPF. Thanks to all who have given suggestions along the way, and good luck to those waiting for theirs!

Our update now shows a delivery of May 7-10th. We were waiting until after 10PM East coast to check today and now the new VIN showed up!

Now to see what happens with the SC and delivery. Super exciting! Might be an east coast delivery just went thru!