Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would be great if after your car is ordered Tesla would let you track your car. Like: 1. Submitted. 2. Car being made at XYZ factory 3. Car undergoing QA check at factory 4. Shipped to Dealer 5. Processing 6. Final QA 7. Delivery Processing... But that seems to be too much to ask for. I think it would stop us all bothering the SA's though!

Ordered 5/3 LR AWD, Red, White seats
So like the Dominos pizza tracker? :D

Just talk to my SA. He told me that my car is already manufactured and sitting in the plant lot waiting for a vin assignment. I want to believe him!
My SA just said the same thing. He said it’s sitting at the Fremont plant and won’t be shipped until the glitch is fixed and a VIN is assigned. No idea when that might happen.

This is what was on the truck today in MN, Birthday 4/29.
20210513_083707.jpg

My SA just said the same thing. He said it’s sitting at the Fremont plant and won’t be shipped until the glitch is fixed and a VIN is assigned. No idea when that might happen.
With not even one new VIN on the MY spreadsheet, it seems a bit unusual for the first two weeks of May.

Yes there must be others out there with a vin but the spreadsheet pop sample should show at least some action for the last two weeks.

SA's might not all know what is going on, and if it is a software update we are reading about here, one would guess that could be done in your garage at home. Like usual.

With not even one new VIN on the MY spreadsheet, it seems a bit unusual for the first two weeks of May.

Yes there must be others out there with a vin but the spreadsheet pop sample should show at least some action for the last two weeks.

SA's might not all know what is going on, and if it is a software update we are reading about here, one would guess that could be done in your garage at home. Like usual.
Yes! For the first 2 weeks of May, I too thought this was strange.

OK, something is up for sure this May. On average, the second Month of each quarter has 45 VINs assigned from folks on the forums (using spreadsheet data). About the same number of deliveries too.

Something's up for sure, and I'm willing to admit it might have to do with the chip switch. Which, gives credence to the two SAs referenced who are talking about homologation. I wonder if the other SAs talking about glitches might be confused and referring to the same thing.

So it appears to be obvious that no NEW VINs are being assigned (not exactly a statistical sample), the rumor mill has SAs slinging FUD about systems and glitches, and MYs sitting in TESLA parking lots (only deliveries are of older VINs). I'm sure the SAs have been threatened with their jobs if they make public statements on deliveries or a Hold issue. Even Elon has to watch what he says these days, something like this could shake the TSLA price, and if that goes significantly further, then the ARK Funds (and others) are next. IF and WHEN this delivery delay hits the media it's going to get ugly. The China announcement certainly didn't help any. If you're a Short you're licking your chops.

Reactions: hallwc87
I didn't recognize it with the trees, I was picturing 61 in the background. That's where I intend to take delivery. Although I ordered on Monday so there will be many trucks that come and go before my watch ends.

Just a damaged windshield or is there more to the story?
nope, it was just a rock chip, and I will be selling my model 3 to my business once my MYP arrives. I figured I might as well get it replaced.

Here’s the thing. I bought an inventory car with an early March build date. It has a vin and has 1,600 miles on it and their STILL holding it for this “homologation” crap. It’s my third Tesla, so I know about waiting, but that’s precisely why I bought an inventory car that was built and driven. Very odd. VIN is in the 140,000s…

Reactions: JerseyShoreMY
ED485CEF-7F18-45B1-8199-6651D850D0F6.jpeg
Service center was on my way home to drive by the lot. All these were just lined up (sorry for potato quality through the windshield). I don’t know what’s typical to have hanging around but seems like a lot. There was another row with 3-4 more. Some M3 but most seem to be Y.

I had my dog with me but no leash and I don’t have dog mode yet so didn’t want to leave her in the heat while I got out and snooped around. I’d be willing to go back and make another pass without the dog tomorrow if someone tells me what to look for.