Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Called SA again and he gave me same song and dance they always do. "Just have to wait for a VIN to get assigned" "Can't tell when VIN will be assigned before it will be" Asked about software issue he knew nothing about it.
I stopped calling. It wasn’t worth my time 😂. The SA can’t do anything else to make it go faster and each time they give me the news I don’t want, the wait seems longer. The part that’s strange is Tesla hasn’t confirmed/ denied the software bug. It hasn’t made the news anywhere which is a little shady IMO

Correct- I had a buddy that refused delivery last quarter because his MY had paint overspray from a train car that got “tagged” while in transit. I work in logistics and have been curious about the shipping order that Tesla uses (truck vs rail) and how they incorporate transit times into their shipping equation.

I am assuming it's similar to BMW's Spartanburg plant since that is the only factory that produces X models for the entire US/Canada/Europe.

They send west coast cars by rail (then truck to the dealership), midwest by truck and east coast by truck.

It took me about 1.5 months (6 weeks) to get my X5M. It was built within a few days of ordering, but then the rail took a few weeks, and then another few weeks to unload, and then another week for it to be trucked to the dealership.

Yeah, there’s definitely a firmware issue but it’s annoying because they won’t explain why some Ys can still be delivered. I almost said I don’t want the Y assigned to me and will just go to the back of the line rather than get one with an obvious issue. Not there yet, but I waited much longer for my X and don’t mind waiting for it if it’s actually going to be fixed.

Also, they won’t let you look at the car until delivery day. So, for me, I could wait two weeks for the firmware issue to be resolved, then have my car delivered with gaping panel gaps or seat issues and then reject it. It’s absurd.

Tesla is a tech company - they aren't a true manufacture yet. I thought they would have everything figured out by now, but they're going through their growing pains.

They have so much they need to improve, especially customer support/service.

Correct- I had a buddy that refused delivery last quarter because his MY had paint overspray from a train car that got “tagged” while in transit.

It only takes like 5 minutes to remove overspray with a claybar... I've done that a few times. One time the guy in front of me drove over freshly painted lines on the highway... Getting white paint all over my black car. (Made it look like a pterodactyl pooped on my car). In fact, this car was delivered via rail as well... I clayed the car when I took delivery, and was amazed at how much rail dust came off with the claybar.

So I ordered my Tesla in April 26th…got exactly the same messages as everyone else on delivery dates.
I’ve ordered everyone of the 10 vehicles I’ve owned..this jockeying of dates isn’t unusual. It’s happened every time.
There are so many moving parts to building a vehicle, who knows why the dates have been moved around.
My issue is that being in the military, I will be gone the last two weeks of June..right when the delivery of most of our cars will be happening (end of 1/4 push).
Tesla will only hold me vehicle for 3 days once it arrives …even though I have told me SA of what I wrote above and how I may be gone when it arrives. She told me if that happens, I’ll have to re-order it. I’m like WTF? So I have no issues waiting for my Model Y…I’ll be pissed if I’m gone on orders and they make me re-order it rather than just holding it for me…

So I ordered my Tesla in April 26th…got exactly the same messages as everyone else on delivery dates.
I’ve ordered everyone of the 10 vehicles I’ve owned..this jockeying of dates isn’t unusual. It’s happened every time.
There are so many moving parts to building a vehicle, who knows why the dates have been moved around.
My issue is that being in the military, I will be gone the last two weeks of June..right when the delivery of most of our cars will be happening (end of 1/4 push).
Tesla will only hold me vehicle for 3 days once it arrives …even though I have told me SA of what I wrote above and how I may be gone when it arrives. She told me if that happens, I’ll have to re-order it. I’m like WTF? So I have no issues waiting for my Model Y…I’ll be pissed if I’m gone on orders and they make me re-order it rather than just holding it for me…
i hope thats not the case thats so wrong, also thank you for your service

Reactions: Soosh and Emmadiane