Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry for all the posts. I thought existing inventory would be faster too, but I ordered an inventory car about three weeks and was told "5-7 days for delivery"...Still waiting. As well, I was told last Friday there are no more inventory Ys. I think that issue is because they can't "dump" cars back into inventory when they can't be delivered. They end-up in inventory when people don't take delivery. No delivery, no new inventory.
I just wonder when delivery’s will start again. And they still haven’t publically came out about the software glitch.

I just put my order in last week and breezed through the finance phase. Now, I don't have a VIN but I'm being asked to provide insurance with the VIN on it. Does everyone get stuck at this point or is this a unique spot I'm in?

I just put my order in last week and breezed through the finance phase. Now, I don't have a VIN but I'm being asked to provide insurance with the VIN on it. Does everyone get stuck at this point or is this a unique spot I'm in?
I think some states may be different, but here in Florida; I just provided my current insurance information directly to the SA through email, and it was verified. I couldn’t make it work on the website as expected.

Just upload current insurance on whatever car you have. Your insurance company can get it all set up without a VIN and just be waiting for you to provide VIN. It takes <10 minutes.

I'm ready.

Attachments

• 20210517_114045.jpg
    20210517_114045.jpg
    341.8 KB · Views: 82
  • Funny
Reactions: Peelz and sgalla04
They are beginning to offer home delivery even if you don't qualify. Back up earlier here I mentioned they said they're going to drop my Y off when, previously, they said I was not eligible since I live close to an SC. If they can, I think they're trying to get the cars out of the SC lots as fast as possible...

Did you reach out to your SA about home delivery or did they call and offer it?

Hey all! First-ever post. Ordered my MY LR AWD on Friday and just got a call from my SA saying that my car is going to be delivered between June 16-30th and that I will have my VIN likely by end of next week. For those wondering, I am based in Los Angeles. Obviously, I know this could change, but wanted to keep everyone posted as to rolling delivery times.

So excited to join the Tesla family.

Hey all! First-ever post. Ordered my MY LR AWD on Friday and just got a call from my SA saying that my car is going to be delivered between June 16-30th and that I will have my VIN likely by end of next week. For those wondering, I am based in Los Angeles. Obviously, I know this could change, but wanted to keep everyone posted as to rolling delivery times.

That is pretty amazing considering folks with March/April orders are still waiting. We ordered about a week ago, on Mother's Day 5/9/2021. Initially it said 5-10 weeks but today updated to June 19 - June 30th. I was mentally prepared for a July delivery the way this thread has been going. I would expect everyone else that ordered earlier would receive their Y before us. Hometown of Sacramento, CA, about two hours from Fremont HQ.

Reactions: aliegm
Right there with you. Waiting on VIN + request for downpayment ACH.
That is pretty amazing considering folks with March/April orders are still waiting. We ordered about a week ago, on Mother's Day 5/9/2021. Initially it said 5-10 week but today updated to June 19 - June 30th. I was mentally prepared for a July delivery the way this thread has been going. We will see how things go. I would expect everyone else that ordered earlier would receive their Y before us. Hometown of Sacramento, CA, about two hours from Fremont HQ.
I also was blown away by this. I was expecting to get it after a long-planned Vegas road trip in July, but there may now be a chance for us to take it out.

Just got this text. First text since ordering. Something is happening 🧐
View attachment 663131

So, I completed my profile the day I placed my order back on April 11th. Just got this text message. My guess is either
  1. Things are moving?!
  2. I talked to my SA Saturday and now I'm getting systematic texts to make me feel better :D
View attachment 663212
Yup same text I got earlier, I ordered 4/2 and have been bothering my SA since and its the first time I got it too. Last I spoke to him was Friday and sounded very sure and suspicious and said 99% sure I'd have a vin in the next week or two, after that I get that text? Something is up lol

Not to rain on your parade but I highly doubt this. By all accounts, VINs aren't assigned till the car is out or almost done with assembly. And since you're in Los Angeles, the travel time is only a day or two. I wouldn't expect a VIN to be assigned to you till you're a week or less out from delivery. The June 16-30th is essentially SA speak for "hopefully by the end of this quarter". And with Tesla already saying internally they reached Q2 order capacity almost 2 weeks ago, I would say even by June 30th may be a stretch.

But hey...we're all pretty much in the dark here so who knows. <shrug>

Not to rain on your parade but I highly doubt this. By all accounts, VINs aren't assigned till the car is out or almost done with assembly. And since you're in Los Angeles, the travel time is only a day or two. I wouldn't expect a VIN to be assigned to you till you're a week or less out from delivery. The June 16-30th is essentially SA speak for "hopefully by the end of this quarter". And with Tesla already saying internally they reached Q2 order capacity almost 2 weeks ago, I would say even by June 30th may be a stretch.

But hey...we're all pretty much in the dark here so who knows. <shrug>

This is v possible. I think that's just an eager SA trying to get me excited but I fully expect the delivery date to push. We will see what happens.

Reactions: fender4645