Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, there's realistically only 4 or so weeks to get whatever problems sorted out and butts in MYs before the quarterly numbers will suffer and the stock takes a significant hit. I placed my order on 4/8, had the wall charger installed 2 weeks later and I'm thinking about taking a pause and waiting for this mess to sort itself out. Not sure I'm comfortable taking delivery of a vehicle with rushed firmware changes and new microprocessors controlling the vehicle.

I was thinking something similar with regard to quarterly deliveries. We've discussed that the radio silence is interesting/infuriating, but there's a finite amount of time that they can keep this quiet. While a dropoff from a record-setting Q1 would not be cause for alarm (Elon's comments notwithstanding), a significant decline could/would set off alarm bells for investors. I would think they're gonna make damn sure most of us get delivery by June 30 so they don't have to answer a bunch of "WTF" questions during the Q2 earnings call. The "chip shortage" excuse won't hold too much water after Elon bragging about Tesla "pivoting quickly"

Reactions: bigdaddyreg
We are switching all our development to Agile Methodology.. That will reduce delivery time but we won't deliver "big" changes anymore, just several implementations with small changes.. In our Agile teams, BA's, AD's and QA's work together early in the process so that there is less work lately.. Considering that Tesla is a modern company, I would believe that they work based on Agile/Scrum methodology also..
good ole agile, im guessing tesla is not embracing the fail fast part of that methodology lol, but anyway GIVE ME MY DAMN VIN!!!!!!

Reactions: elguapo
good ole agile, im guessing tesla is not embracing the fail fast part of that methodology lol, but anyway GIVE ME MY DAMN VIN!!!!!!
We are pushed into Agile by corporate.. We really don't want it.. More weekend work as there are more smaller implementations. I like the waterfall concept better especially since I work on an old Legacy system...

Reactions: bigdaddyreg
Yesterday i also got the 5-9 weeks for the first time since I’ve ordered… Today May 31st -June 19
For me it’s back at 3-9 weeks 🤯, 2 days ago it was June 1st - June 21th. Thursday I went to the dealership and my SA told me my delivery date should be around June 7th. She also told me the order they are shipping cars:
They start with Europe then East Coast and Canada, after it’s West Coast and finally California.

We are pushed into Agile by corporate.. We really don't want it.. More weekend work as there are more smaller implementations. I like the waterfall concept better especially since I work on an old Legacy system...
sounds to me that whomever is running your agile shop doesn't know what they are doing.

I've worked in Agile for the past 10 years. And we have sped up development 10 fold and we haven't worked weekends since we got out of Waterfall. I Currently work for a fortune 500 company and the current org does a "Scrumfall method" and its the worst thing ever.

My chart is getting more interesting over time. Very clear that the algorithm truly expected me to take delivery in May for the first 20 days - then shifted to June. Spooky date change yesterday but feeling OK today.

EXCEL_xYJweJRjde.png

Reactions: Jeff N
sounds to me that whomever is running your agile shop doesn't know what they are doing.

I've worked in Agile for the past 10 years. And we have sped up development 10 fold and we haven't worked weekends since we got out of Waterfall. I Currently work for a fortune 500 company and the current org does a "Scrumfall method" and its the worst thing ever.
I work for one of the world's largest banks.. All code drops must happen on the weekend. Otherwise, we need exception approval..