Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I ordered my Tesla in April 26th…got exactly the same messages as everyone else on delivery dates.
I’ve ordered everyone of the 10 vehicles I’ve owned..this jockeying of dates isn’t unusual. It’s happened every time.
There are so many moving parts to building a vehicle, who knows why the dates have been moved around.
My issue is that being in the military, I will be gone the last two weeks of June..right when the delivery of most of our cars will be happening (end of 1/4 push).
Tesla will only hold me vehicle for 3 days once it arrives …even though I have told me SA of what I wrote above and how I may be gone when it arrives. She told me if that happens, I’ll have to re-order it. I’m like WTF? So I have no issues waiting for my Model Y…I’ll be pissed if I’m gone on orders and they make me re-order it rather than just holding it for me…
Welcome to the club bud.

In my case I already pushed my early march delivery date because I was out for the military. Now we are playing this roller coaster of a game and my lease is up the 20th ugh

So I ordered my Tesla in April 26th…got exactly the same messages as everyone else on delivery dates.
I’ve ordered everyone of the 10 vehicles I’ve owned..this jockeying of dates isn’t unusual. It’s happened every time.
There are so many moving parts to building a vehicle, who knows why the dates have been moved around.
My issue is that being in the military, I will be gone the last two weeks of June..right when the delivery of most of our cars will be happening (end of 1/4 push).
Tesla will only hold me vehicle for 3 days once it arrives …even though I have told me SA of what I wrote above and how I may be gone when it arrives. She told me if that happens, I’ll have to re-order it. I’m like WTF? So I have no issues waiting for my Model Y…I’ll be pissed if I’m gone on orders and they make me re-order it rather than just holding it for me…
I ordered Jan 4th, and had to put my delivery on hold because it was scheduled during my annual training. I clicked I’m ready, and finished my profile Apr 4th and currently don’t have a vin or estimated date
:(
Not saying it’s right or wrong. Just want to help with expectations.

MYP, white ext / black int, FSD, tow hitch

Yeah, there’s definitely a firmware issue but it’s annoying because they won’t explain why some Ys can still be delivered. I almost said I don’t want the Y assigned to me and will just go to the back of the line rather than get one with an obvious issue. Not there yet, but I waited much longer for my X and don’t mind waiting for it if it’s actually going to be fixed.
My guess would be that certain cars contain a revised part that requires updated firmware. Instead of storing the cars at the factory, Tesla sent them to their delivery point for storage (and not screw up previously arranged transportation carriage.) Cars built with the older part rev can be released for delivery. I have no evidence to back up my speculation.

Somewhat similar as I'm trying to return from being stationed overseas and coordinate to get the vehicle timed with prior to my arrival. Also different location and having someone else pick it up. SA assures me it will be okay but...

Also, need a vehicle since my car was stolen recently here so....besides the 7-8 weeks it takes for the military to ship a vehicle back, don't have that option.

Fun times hoping that everything lines up.

My guess would be that certain cars contain a revised part that requires updated firmware. Instead of storing the cars at the factory, Tesla sent them to their delivery point for storage (and not screw up previously arranged transportation carriage.) Cars built with the older part rev can be released for delivery. I have no evidence to back up my speculation.
I would also add (speculation on my part as well) is that at some point, probably already, SC parking lots are filling up and at some point Tesla will have to stop/slow shipping from Fremont till the bottleneck is cleared.

Reactions: 63AMG
Somewhat similar as I'm trying to return from being stationed overseas and coordinate to get the vehicle timed with prior to my arrival. Also different location and having someone else pick it up. SA assures me it will be okay but...

Also, need a vehicle since my car was stolen recently here so....besides the 7-8 weeks it takes for the military to ship a vehicle back, don't have that option.

Fun times hoping that everything lines up.
Ugh..I feel your pain..ordering a vehicle is always been a toss up..not one of my cars arrived as promised…but if you’re on a time line, it’s very frustrating …good luck and safe travels home!

Actually, that's not it. My car's build date was early March. It's an inventory car...it gets curioser and curioser down the rabbit hole...

I was given the option for home delivery but I think you have to live within 10 miles of a SC.
They are beginning to offer home delivery even if you don't qualify. Back up earlier here I mentioned they said they're going to drop my Y off when, previously, they said I was not eligible since I live close to an SC. If they can, I think they're trying to get the cars out of the SC lots as fast as possible...

That is frustrating…have you looked at existing inventory?
Sorry for all the posts. I thought existing inventory would be faster too, but I ordered an inventory car about three weeks ago and was told "5-7 days for delivery"...Still waiting. As well, I was told last Friday there are no more inventory Ys. I think that issue is because they can't "dump" cars back into inventory when they can't be delivered. They end-up in inventory when people don't take delivery. No delivery, no new inventory.

Communication is not Tesla's strong point, so I am not surprised they have not said a word. As with all Teslas, you'll get it when you get it. We should feel lucky they're willing to sell to us.

Last edited:
Reactions: e143slime8