Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whenever you edited it, that is most likely your new “order date”. FSD from my understanding will not shift it.
This is absolutely correct. I initially ordered on the 12th, changed color on the 17th. I have lost all dates and week ranges, and new order date is now 5/17. I’m optimistically hopeful for a mid July delivery. Not sure how much longer I can go without a vehicle.

Reactions: Dmbrill1
Just want to throw some conspiracy fuel on the fire. My brother in law took delivery of a MY on 4/28 with a VIN in the 179xxx range. He pinged me this morning to say he just received an update for his MY. Is this the new firmware update we’re all waiting for???
I guess it is just regular "bug fixes" software update. My Model S got it today also to ver.2021.4.18

Here is my take, obviously speculation. I think they are using a different type microchip which requires a firmware/software update. I don't believe the no timeline thing mentioned. This would have to be extremely urgent for any developers working at Tesla. Tesla can't afford to let cars back up anymore than they already are. This would be a disaster to the stock/investors and board members.

Just heard from my SA and asked him about the news posting re: delayed deliveries while waiting for a firmware update - he said 'we are not experiencing delays at this time and if we do we will let you know'.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've seen posts of people taking delivery recently (not on this site), so not sure if we're just in a bubble here, or it's just affecting a small slice of vehicles.

Reactions: dsandhu
Hi everyone this is my first post. I thought I would share my story.

I ordered my model Y on March 5 asking for a delivery on April 15. On March 26th I said was ready for delivery and uploaded my insurance card. At the time I believe it said my delivery would be 2 - 5 weeks. After that I sold my 2016 Miata GT and my 2020 Subaru Outback XT to Carvana in order to pay for the new car. Both cars were sold by April 16.

Here is my build:
  • Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • Red Multi-Coat Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
Along with everyone else my delivery dates have been all over the board and I have come to believe they don’t mean anything. In fact, all last week it reverted back to 2-5 weeks from my order date which I found to be funny.

I ordered the car from the Schaumburg location and my SA is very good at responding to my questions. He even shows me info from his computer screen When I drop in. I heard from him today and he said that they would get more information on the VIN “glitch” on Friday.

I have ordered cars from other car companies over the years and this has been the worst experience I have had yet. I was very excited when I ordered the car and spent a bunch of money on getting my 1450 outlet installed and a bunch of accessories for it. Now I will just be relieved when I finally get the damn thing. The only two good things about this experience so far have been that I ordered the car after the $1000 price drop and the fact that I can still Work at home until July.

Sorry for the long post but I am hoping it will help to vent😜.

Just heard from my SA and asked him about the news posting re: delayed deliveries while waiting for a firmware update - he said 'we are not experiencing delays at this time and if we do we will let you know'.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've seen posts of people taking delivery recently (not on this site), so not sure if we're just in a bubble here, or it's just affecting a small slice of vehicles.
I dont think we are in a bubble. By statistics, at least a small portion of us should at least have a vin. We are not the whole population but there should be a representative sample.
Im sure that once one of us get a vin, there will be a bunch to follow.

Here is my take, obviously speculation. I think they are using a different type microchip which requires a firmware/software update. I don't believe the no timeline thing mentioned. This would have to be extremely urgent for any developers working at Tesla. Tesla can't afford to let cars back up anymore than they already are. This would be a disaster to the stock/investors and board members.
I am curious what language the coding is in. Perhaps the new microcontrollers also need new toolsets for the developers, or it uses arcane and difficult microcode/Assembly. Hopefully the firmware is in something more accessible like C.

I keep saying this and I’ll say it again. Something isn’t adding up here. Why do some SA and DA give us info while others give different info and deny what other people say.

It’s very strange that this is not a publicly known thing and it’s not talked about more. Hopefully we all get our cars soon

Reactions: hallwc87

I ordered my model Y on March 5 asking for a delivery on April 15. On March 26th I said was ready for delivery and uploaded my insurance card. At the time I believe it said my delivery would be 2 - 5 weeks. After that I sold my 2016 Miata GT and my 2020 Subaru Outback XT to Carvana in order to pay for the new car. Both cars were sold by April 16.

Here is my build:
  • Red Multi-Coat Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
Along with everyone else my delivery dates have been all over the board and I have come to believe they don’t mean anything. In fact, all last week it reverted back to 2-5 weeks from my order date which I found to be funny.

I ordered the car from the Schaumburg location and my SA is very good at responding to my questions. He even shows me info from his computer screen When I drop in. I heard from him today and he said that they would get more information on the VIN “glitch” on Friday.

I have ordered cars from other car companies over the years and this has been the worst experience I have had yet. I was very excited when I ordered the car and spent a bunch of money on getting my 1450 outlet installed and a bunch of accessories for it. Now I will just be relieved when I finally get the damn thing. The only two good things about this experience so far have been that I ordered the car after the $1000 price drop and the fact that I can still Work at home until July.

Schaumburg's been pretty good at providing updates. I'm taking delivery at Highland Park and they stopped being helpful this week when they claimed to know absolutely nothing. Called Schaumburg today and they said they would know more Friday as well.

I was immediately approved about 30 minutes ago and just needed to upload the order agreement. DCU is now doing final review. It shouldn't require a VIN...at least I didn't encounter any steps that specified VIN.
My concern is delivery timeline since I'm looking for a Q3 delivery. I believe their loan approval is only good for 45 days. So I will wait for a VIN and then apply. I would love to lock in the 1.24%, but it's too early for me just yet.

Reactions: bigdaddyreg
I am curious what language the coding is in. Perhaps the new microcontrollers also need new toolsets for the developers, or it uses arcane and difficult microcode/Assembly. Hopefully the firmware is in something more accessible like C.
Modern microcontroller is programmed in higher level programming languages. C, C++, or Java are the most likely languages. Lord help us if they had to learn assembly.

Reactions: Calanco
Drove by the service center in South Denver metro today. Lots of model Y’s there (the lot was basically completely full, although it is small lot) with Manufacture dates after the beginning of May. Seems to me that these would have been given to order holders like myself already unless there was in fact an issue. Saw several in my configuration and wonder if one of them could be mine. My service advisor has no idea what is going on.

Reactions: Soosh

Here is my build:
  • Red Multi-Coat Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot

Just setting expectations - if you are taking delivery at the end of the quarter, expect it to be sh#t show (no one knows whats going on, the car may not be at the location yet). Your delivery experience will almost certainly be "Sign this. Your car is over there. Bye".

Also, expect to find a few quality issues with your car and having to bring it back for adjustment.

• Funny
Reactions: bigdaddyreg
Ordered 4/2, MYP. Still no VIN or any communication from an SA via email/text. My est date slips to the right daily, now 6/5-6/21...terrible. The web site advertises 3-6 weeks for MYP delivery!!! Unbelievable...since I've been in limbo since beginning of April. I could have just ordered now and probably received my P before my April order timeframe...makes zero sense and leaves a bad taste for me when it comes to the order process. Rec: release a statement to customers who've ordered-be transparent and gain industry respect for transparency. Support your SAs having to answer disgruntled customers-searching for any credible information. We all love the car and the excitement is brings-Tesla don't sour our perspective...be proactive and engage us-we can take it!

Been lurking a while, thought I would add my voice to the chorus.
5 Seat, Performance, White in and out, FSD - Seattle
Ordered and did the profile on 4/9 - got 2.23% on 72 month through Tesla. Emailed Tesla and asked for a better rate but they said that was the best they had available. I've seen folks post better rates at DCU, are they 72 month? If so I would appreciate a referral.
Courtney has been my SA, we've only spoken by SMS, She isn't responsive and I haven't gotten any useful info to add - she just says to keep checking the site's dates.
My delivery date is now May 24 - June 13. Every time I get to within two days it moves out another 2 days. Anyone else in the Seattle area heard anything from their SA?