Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I understand the any hardware configuration to your order would set your order to the most current price. Is anybody able to confirm whether adding or removing FSD would do the same? Would it also have any effect on your order date? I've been sitting at June 17- June 30 estimated delivery date. After thinking about it some more, FSD doesn't seem like it would be something I want to pay $10k for. However, I'd be very reluctant to remove FSD from my order if it means me possibly being pushed to the 'back of the line' and getting my Q2 order delivered in Q3.
I wouldn’t imagine it delays your order as FSD can be added after purchase as well, so I’d Imagine it’s more of an access to software vs physical parts, therefore, not actually changing your build. You may have to contact your SA to change anyhow, so I’m sure they would be able to clear that up

So I understand the any hardware configuration to your order would set your order to the most current price. Is anybody able to confirm whether adding or removing FSD would do the same? Would it also have any effect on your order date? I've been sitting at June 17- June 30 estimated delivery date. After thinking about it some more, FSD doesn't seem like it would be something I want to pay $10k for. However, I'd be very reluctant to remove FSD from my order if it means me possibly being pushed to the 'back of the line' and getting my Q2 order delivered in Q3.
I don’t see why adding/removing FSD would change your build or delivery date. The car will still be built with the same FSD-capable hardware. Tesla just waits until you pay then they flip the toggle to “enable” your access to FSD.

EDIT: …unless their order system is set up where every change resets the order, even if the vehicle technically didn’t really change (but the order changed). Ask SA, then let the rest of us know too please. If your order number stays the same though then I don’t see why it would change your position in the queue.

Last edited:
I don’t see why adding/removing FSD would change your build or delivery date. The car will still be built with the same FSD-capable hardware. Tesla just waits until you pay then they flip the toggle to “enable” your access to FSD.

…unless it’s how their order system is set up where every change resets the order, even if the vehicle technically didn’t really change (but the order changed). Ask SA, then let the rest of us know too please.
Avg delivery time of FSD vs. No FSD is basically identical given the data in the spreadsheet on this forum.

Reactions: DaddysCar and Soosh

…unless their order system is set up where every change resets the order, even if the vehicle technically didn’t really change (but the order changed). Ask SA, then let the rest of us know too please.
So after calling my (extremely unreliable / never replies to texts or emails) SA, he said "it would increase your price by either 500 or 1000 depending on when you placed your order. It also could change your delivery date if you do remove FSD." No longer seems worth it to me to remove FSD now. I was considering removing it now so I had the option of adding it on later and paying with a card either before the price increased again or when the subscription based model came out. Looks like I'll just eat the cost. I'm planning on keeping the car for at least 6 years so hopefully by then it'll be worth it lol

I went to the Burbank Tesla store today to check their stock. I saw zero Y’s anywhere including the close by parking lot where someone said they store them.

I went inside to talk to an SA who looked in his computer and said it should be here June 2. I ordered 4/12 and currently show dates of May 23- June 13th.

On the way home I stopped at the Sherman Oaks store where I placed the order and spoke to my SA. She looked in the computer and also said I had a June 2 build date.

I thought it was interesting because everyone keeps accusing the SA’s of lying but this shows that there is definitely a date in their system. Of course we all know it can and probably will change but they are not just making sh$t up.

I inquired with both of them about the firmware issue and they both said everyone keeps asking them about that but they knew nothing about it.

Of course, this part definitely could be a lie.

Anyway, I’m not holding my breath but June 2nd would be nice!
I’ll also be taking delivery from Burbank. Ordered 4/21. Showing May 23 - Jun 12. Hopefully means I have the same build date! I’ve never heard from my SA at Burbank though, just some regional person on email.

Blue with white interior- Sonic as in sonic the hedgehog
Nice.
I have the white exterior and black interior. Kids want to name it Stormtrooper (for the looks and for the fact that like the OG storm troopers, Autopilot and FSD will "miss" moving targets. Also my order days is May the Fourth). However wife likes the name Bot Wheels (a nod to the insane amount of instantaneous torque and technology that's in the car). So we settled on BotTrooper.

• Funny
Reactions: Emmadiane and Soosh
Hi all. New to the group. I'm finding it very useful (and comforting) for those of us waiting for delivery.
My order date was 4/22 for a MYLR MSM, white interior, 20" induction, tow hitch no FSD. Estimated delivery showing 6/7 to 6/27 for the past few days.

This afternoon I drove by the Costa Mesa delivery center and the service center down the street. The DC is small and didn't have many cars. The SC is a little larger, but only service vehicles were visible in the front. There could have been delivery cars in back. They may store cars offsite, anyone knows?

Like the rest of you, I'm waiting.

Reactions: Emmadiane