Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would be nice to hear from people who have actually taken delivery recently. Finalized my order early April (originally put money down 2 years ago), delivery estimate has been sliding week for week. Now June 15 - June 30th. Going to be crazy end of qtr delivery rush or else everything sliding into next qtr. model s delays could be due to redesign but model y delays must be due to parts shortages?
I couldn't agree with you more.

Today is three weeks since my wife ordered the default Model Y (White/19/Black/5/NoTow/AP). On order day she was estimated 6-9 weeks from order date. The estimate has remained the same since then, except for May 12, when it was listed as Jun 17 - 30. On May 13 it went back to 6-9 weeks from order date, and has remained there every day. When you guys announce that your dates have changed, I log in to her account and see if hers has changed. Other than the one time, it never has.

Drive by the Columbus SC again this morning to help me cope (ha).
It is full of Ys. Some 3s. There were probably double the cars from earlier in the week. I’d estimate 40-50.
Build dates looked to be 5/12 and VIN 188.
I got an accidental text from Lorenzo at the Columbus SC that seems to confirm the firmware issue/hold:

1621525993891.jpeg

I am surprised that the automotive and financial press are not all over the containment hold story, which suggests it is not real. This seems more like the standard Tesla production priorities and delivery hiccups.
What? I was just at Fremont and I did see a few MS but 3-500 MY......priorities delaying making money is not a strategy this close to an the end of Q2, on top of the SC's starting to collect MY's don't add up, it creates doubt and makes Tesla look compromised, thats not a good please your stakeholders strategy.

I got an accidental text from Lorenzo at the Columbus SC that seems to confirm the firmware issue/hold:

View attachment 664182
Hey fellow Central Ohio-er!

He's my SA too. OK guy.

Hope they get this figured out soon. They can't really fit a whole lot more on their lot, plus I want mine. :)

I wonder if they still have the land/building where the service center used to be down the road off of Morse?

Had my 14-50s installed yesterday. Electrician did a great job - looks like it was there when the house was built - I just have some joint compound work to do where he cut out an access panel in the drywall to get the line from the basement. I had 2 installed to future proof the house, and we're getting ready to finish the basement and I'm not ripping out a basement ceiling to do this later. Now I just need a car. :p

CleanShot 2021-05-20 at 12.01.27@2x.png

I have also been stuck on 5-9 weeks for the last two weeks. I'm at the 7 week mark (ordered April 1).

Ordered April 1st - 2021 Model Y LR AWD Pearl White, Black interior, 5-seat, 19" wheels, Tow Hitch, no FSD.
We ordered an identical config May 9th. Target delivery is still June 19 - June 30 and hasn't changed for a week or so. Originally just said 5-10 week wait.

I have a question for those that have the week range. My before just said 5-9 weeks, that was all. Now it says

Estimated Delivery: 5 - 9 weeks from order placed date​

Saturday will be 7 weeks.

Do you just have the date range, or does it say from order placed date?
6 to 9 weeks from order placed date for me, always has been. Never budges. Don’t know if that’s a good thing or bad…heh.

I only know a couple things:
1) The estimated computer delivery dates are meaningless.
2) The SAs aren't holding back info, they just have no info for you.
3) Tesla's only deadline is the last day of June (end of quarter).
4) The earlier your order date, the earlier in June you will probably get your car.
5) Any delivery sooner than this I am just considering icing on the Tesla cake.

LR blk/blk 5 seat, no FSD, no Tow, 20" ordered April 9th, no VIN yet (or as my wife likes to say (no Vignette).

I only know a couple things:
1) The estimated computer delivery dates are meaningless.
2) The SAs aren't holding back info, they just have no info for you.
3) Tesla's only deadline is the last day of June (end of quarter).
4) The earlier your order date, the earlier in June you will probably get your car.
5) Any delivery sooner than this I am just considering icing on the Tesla cake.

LR blk/blk 5 seat, no FSD, no Tow, 20" ordered April 9th, no VIN yet (or as my wife likes to say (no Vignette).
yup!
except for number 2) they go by what their managers tell them.

Reactions: JetBlack
Hi everyone! I've been lurking for a few weeks but finally made an account.
My SA just called this morning and told me I should be getting my VIN within the next few days and that I should plan to take delivery in the next two weeks!
I should have asked if he had an estimated manufactured date yet but I forgot. He's not great at responding to texts.

I ordered on 03/21. MY LR, white on white, 5 seat, tow hitch, basic wheels, no FSD.