Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Above the "confirm" button in my loan section, it says this: By confirming, I acknowledge that I am accepting my terms with JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. and I will be unable to change my payment method.

I'm worried to do that because I don't want to enter a contract right now before taking delivery in case I want to change my down payment, etc...

Has anyone hit the confirm button on the loan details? Is it a binding contract at that point? Does anything happen or am I simply agreeing to terms.

My SA reached out to me today out of nowhere and said VINs are starting to come tomorrow and they will start calling people on Tuesday (at his location anyway). I ordered March 17th so he expects me to be in the early wave. He didn't say what the delay was in the first place though.
Anyway, I'm trying to stay hopeful because this was unprovoked. He reached out to me. I'll let you all know if a VIN shows up in the next two days.
He works Sundays? I have a store leader on top of my case and I didn’t hear from him like ever on the weekends.

Inquiries only affect your score slightly and it’s more about how many you’ve had over a 2 year period. If you have one or 2 inquires in the last 2 years then your score probably won’t be impacted. If it’s your 6th or 7th then it would start to impact.
I know that but the inquiry did not show up on the report.. I get my report and score every week and there is only one 1 inquiry in the last 2 years and it was not the one from Wells Fargo..

I checked for your car and mine but I didn't see either one😕
There was 1 White MYP, 1 Black MYP, and 1 Black LR. There may have been more behind the SC, but it was raining pretty heavily and it's gated so I didn't feel like it was a good time to snoop around 😅

I did talk to one of the SAs there and she told me that they will be delivering some next week in "the first wave" and if I ordered before May 1st, she would expect I would see delivery in the next few weeks. She didn't say anything about firmware or a containment, just that they would be delivering that same "first wave" and to expect our MY in that wave or the "second wave" whatever that really means haha
Awesome, thank you so much, especially in this crazy rain!! We have about every accessory you can get, just need her in the garage. Someone here said it best, “feel like an 8yr old on Christmas morning”, I know it’s coming just can wait or sleep, LOL!

I know that but the inquiry did not show up on the report.. I get my report and score every week and there is only one 1 inquiry in the last 2 years and it was not the one from Wells Fargo..
When did you initiate the financing? It’s possible the bank hasn’t reported yet or whatever credit agency you use hasn’t picked it up yet. Or maybe it’ll never show up. There are definite differences in my credit reports among the 3 agencies.

Took an overnight test drive last night to get my fix haha I was getting too excited and couldn’t contain myself being so long since I first test drove one. Its such an awesome car. Now that I’ve calmed down, my SA said hopefully the second week of June I’ll have my own little model y!! He said he thinks my MY is in the lot just waiting to gets it’s update and as soon as that happens it’ll be matched to me. I’ll be crossing my fingers!

Reactions: Collette and Soosh
That’s weird that it didn‘t show up, but hey, it’s also great lol... What rate did they give you? They gave me 2.49% with US Bank
I got 2.49% which is the best rate that Tesla advertises here in Florida. I'm may refinance later for a lower rate but it was a lot easier to apply right through Tesla.
I'm not really concerned about the rate as 2.49% is already pretty low and I may end up paying it off early anyways, so I may not accumulate too much interest.
I always get the best rate due to my credit rating.. I have been as high as 842 on the 850 scale but never made it to 850..

Just curious, do you check all three (Equifax, Experian, TransUnion)? Most lenders only pull a report from one Credit Bureau. So just thinking, if they pulled from one you're not checking, that may be why.

My SA reached out to me today out of nowhere and said VINs are starting to come tomorrow and they will start calling people on Tuesday (at his location anyway). I ordered March 17th so he expects me to be in the early wave. He didn't say what the delay was in the first place though.
Anyway, I'm trying to stay hopeful because this was unprovoked. He reached out to me. I'll let you all know if a VIN shows up in the next two days.
@danintoronto, is your delivery scheduled at Lawrence Av, Toronto location? If so, may I know who is your SA?

Took an overnight test drive last night to get my fix haha I was getting too excited and couldn’t contain myself being so long since I first test drove one. Its such an awesome car. Now that I’ve calmed down, my SA said hopefully the second week of June I’ll have my own little model y!! He said he thinks my MY is in the lot just waiting to gets it’s update and as soon as that happens it’ll be matched to me. I’ll be crossing my fingers!
Are you picking up from Ft Lauderdale?

I got 2.49% which is the best rate that Tesla advertises here in Florida. I'm may refinance later for a lower rate but it was a lot easier to apply right through Tesla.
I'm not really concerned about the rate as 2.49% is already pretty low and I may end up paying it off early anyways, so I may not accumulate too much interest.
I always get the best rate due to my credit rating.. I have been as high as 842 on the 850 scale but never made it to 850..
Agreed, it’s easier to go through Tesla, specially now. Imagine having a car available for immediate delivery and having to wait for the loan officer to issue a check, then mail it..

Just curious, do you check all three (Equifax, Experian, TransUnion)? Most lenders only pull a report from one Credit Bureau. So just thinking, if they pulled from one you're not checking, that may be why.
I get my Transunion and Experian every week and my Equifax score and report once a month.. I get those through different credit cards for free..
I get Equifax Score/Report via my CITI Double Cash card and that's also the score that Wells Fargo used.. That score has a 900 scale unlike some others which goes to 850.. I also get Experian FICO SCORE 8 from AMEX once a month (850 scale) as also a weekly Transunion VantageScore 3.0 (also 850 scale). Discover gives me Transunion Fico Score 8 (850 scale). Chase gives me Experian Vantagescore 3.0 which is a joke and the only score that has me under 800 (793) because they group together my Home Equity Line with Credit cards and not with home loans.. On any other score, I'm at least 820 on the 850 scale and 846 on the 900 scale..

Last edited:
Above the "confirm" button in my loan section, it says this: By confirming, I acknowledge that I am accepting my terms with JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. and I will be unable to change my payment method.

I'm worried to do that because I don't want to enter a contract right now before taking delivery in case I want to change my down payment, etc...

Has anyone hit the confirm button on the loan details? Is it a binding contract at that point? Does anything happen or am I simply agreeing to terms.
I was advised by my SA that the loan can be changed after you click confirm, and before delivery is accepted. So you can switch to a different lender, your own lender, etc.

Reactions: Collette
Credit scoring takes into account multiple hits on the same type of loan within around 30 days. They know you’ll be shopping around. The concern would be your loan offer will expire before getting a car.

As for insurance, I would just upload a current policy to complete your profile. Once you get a VIN, your agent should be able to act fast. The SC I talked to today emphasized that non-completed profiles are deprioritized (despite what my SA told me when I ordered).
I had the same question as I’m in NY where a VIN is required for the insurance info, and my SA said it’s fine to leave that part empty until a VIN is assigned.