Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1621939319843.png

Me every morning, waiting on a VIN.

Others have reported that they require a picture of your odometer and as long as you havent exceeded a number of miles (maybe 500?) they don't revalue the car... not sure if thats been a confirmed action yet or just what the SA have told them though...
It’s updated odometer picture and it’s valid for 30days and 1000 miles, I’ve had to do this the other day :)

• Helpful
Reactions: digitalboi
Just sent the following e-mail to ordersupport.. (I used my Reservation number in the subject line)

Good Morning,

I ordered a Model Y Long Range 6 weeks ago (4/13) and I have not received a VIN number as of right now and my estimated delivery has shown a generic 5 - 9 weeks range for weeks now. As it has been 6 weeks already and it usually takes 2 weeks from VIN to delivery, I wonder if I can still expect delivery within that timeframe? I also wonder which SA is assigned to my order as I have not received any contact from Tesla so far. There have been rumors and news stories of delays due to firmware updates and containment holds and I wonder if my car could be one of those affected? My color/wheel combination does not seem to be uncommon as I saw several in that combination at the Tampa location recently. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Let's see what they'll reply back..

HTML:
I have been waiting two weeks from ordering to post again.

I have had dates most of the time.

Hopeful that these will stick and will take delivery in the last two weeks?:

Order Date: 5/11
First Delivery Window: 6/16 - 6/30

Date Checked          Updated Delivery Window
5/12                  6/16 - 6/30
5/13                  6/16 - 6/30
5/14                  6/16 - 6/30
5/15                  6/16 - 6/30
5/16                  5 - 11 Weeks
5/17                  6/16 - 6/30
5/18                  6/16 - 6/30
5/19                  6/16 - 6/30
5/20                  6/15 - 6/30
5/21                  6/16 - 6/30
5/22                  6/16 - 6/30
5/23                  6/16 - 6/30
5/24                  6/16 - 6/30
5/25                  6/16 - 6/30

MY: LR, 5 Seats, Midnight Silver Metallic, White Interior, 20' Induction Wheels

Long time lurker, finally joining here. Said to myself "when this thread hits 300 I'll create an account."

Ordered 4/28 via Mt. Kisco (taking delivery in Buffalo). LR, Blue, 20"" wheels, Tow Hitch, no FSD. Estimate showing 6-9 weeks. At one point it said "June 13 - June 30", but hasn't said that in a while. Did get a text from my SA last week that said "We anticipate your Model Y to be delivered by Mid June" but we will see. I also was contacted by someone at the Mt. Kisco center last week with some details on the delivery courier service, but so far nothing this week.

The entertainment of this forum has been great!! I've been through all the iterations of the "ghost car", the infamous "blue M3", as well as the random glitches and hangups on the website.

Thanks for all the entertainment on here as well.

I'm waiting just a bit to pull the trigger. Had an X configured but that delivery estimate was out to January 2022 so cancelled it, that and the fact we had an X and I just don't see it lasting long-term without too many issues (too many features that broke on last one all the time). The S is too low/a pain to get in and out of although beautiful.

We have an order (Launch Edition) on a Rivian R1S right now still. Love the size and look of it. If we learn VERY SOON if R1Ts are on schedule in June+ and we get more confirmation that it would delivery in 2021 (supposed to start August+ for R1S) then we will stick with that.

Otherwise, ready to pull the trigger on a Model Y in next month or two and replace it. The Model Y is still cheaper and that is key to save some $, but not by much with the R1S LE loaded being $70K after tax credits. Will depend on delivery date, their final range/results, and how that amazing interior turns out.

Reactions: MYMY21
The original EV tax credit was signed into law by Republican George W Bush. Democrats are not that interested in "tax credits" as the majority of their voters don't even pay $7000 in income taxes, so they couldn't even use the tax credit at all.. Only the evil "wealthy" take advantage of those tax credits.. Not that I'm a fan of Republicans (I'm registered Libertarian) but fact is that the original tax credit happened under George W Bush... Democrats have enough votes to pass HR848 but you will see that it won't happen.. They don't need Republicans..

Might want to check the data there on a few or all of those claims

My dudes, let’s cut it out. Every single place on the internet is inundated with politics. I come here to suffer about the fact that I don’t have my car yet, not to suffer with the state of the American system.

You are right

Data?? What data?? I just stated a fact that the original EV tax credit was signed into law by George W Bush. It's a fact that Democrats have the House and Senate and can force through anything they want without any Republican support. They did it with Obamacare, remember??
46.6% of Americans do NOT pay federal income tax. Also a fact.

I really shouldn't have said anything about it. Sorry!

Last edited: