Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All of us in the Bay Area we will get the last but at least we might get the new lights and maybe they pass the law for 10k tax by end of June so I am not rushing it…

it looks like they first used old lights and once they were all gone they switched to new lights.

we still do not know what is the vin number cut off for the new lights
“it looks like they first used old lights and once they were all gone they switched to new lights.” — I’m curious, what are you basing this on? As far as I know there’s still no evidence that the MY LR will ever get the global headlights.

Reactions: Emmadiane
I think worst case is that Tesla abandons these radar-less cars once the supply chains ease up. I am concerned about NHTSA reducing their rating, and the potential implications it has on insurance costs. I wanted to buy a Tesla to get the most advanced and safest car, and I am not convinced I am getting that anymore. Waiting a few months to see where this lands seems prudent (specially given I am WFH until end of August anyways).

On the flip side, the kids will be distraught if I tell them we are not getting the Tesla after the 2 month wait!
Safety rating has nothing to do with the radar also I really don’t think it’s a supply issue look at this tweet from Elon back in 2018, it’s been in the works for years.
Good perspective on radar removal…. Chip shortage? Remove radar! I hope not…

Doubt it’s a chip shortage issue

Curious, who is adding PPF or the Acceleration Boost?
I have decided against PPF but I am on the fence about Acceleration Boost
Definitely doing both. Already have an appointment set for next week. The wife didn’t need a Performance but I love my M3P and when we go somewhere and do drive the Y I want to be able to get as close as I can to the feeling and performance of my M3P.