Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want to believe in that May 24, 2021 date for obvious reasons. But objectively, that could just be the placeholder for the date the bill is actually enacted.

No way to know for sure yet, but I can hope!
I hear ya. But there are various references in the document stating "date of enactment." So why omit it there and put in a specific date?

Also it could hurt current EV sales if everyone delays purchasing until 2022 for a "full" tax credit. That might be why it is written with a date pre-enactment, it entices people to start buying today, knowing it might be possible to qualify this year.

I feel like my order got lost in their systems, I keep seeing 3-7 weeks date range for almost 4 weeks now, really annoying.
Honestly think the dates on our accounts are garbage at this point. People posting VINs have had pretty much every date combination imaginable: some no dates, some generic X number of weeks, some had late May while others end of June.

Any hope of something sooner, or do you know that to be a done deal?

I should have qualified that this is my opinion, supported only by the fact that Tesla's delivery pattern goes from the furthest from the factory at the beginning of the quarter to the closest to the factory at the end of the quarter. This isn't a hard and fast rule, but I wouldn't expect meaningful CA deliveries until later in June.

Reactions: Emmadiane
I have to bring a Cashiers Check with me at pickup... My Credit Union where I have my checking account does not seem to be supported by their payment system (Can't connect to your Financial Institution), so I called Tesla and they said that bringing a Cashiers Check is fine.. Went to my Credit Union already and got the Cashiers Check... 3.5 hours until pickup.. I'm excited!!

I think autopilot won’t be enabled at first. Tesla said they’ll push an update in the coming weeks to activate it
Autopilot is enabled, but with a few temporary limitations: Transitioning to Tesla Vision

"
  • Autosteer will be limited to a maximum speed of 75 mph and a longer minimum following distance.
  • Smart Summon (if equipped) and Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance may be disabled at delivery.
"

WHAT A LETDOWN!!! vin matched at 10:56 pm. I call cred union, get tax and title info....

BAM. VIN GONE!!! it UN matched us at 8:39 am

called SA in Bloomington. (it should be noted, helpful guy. named Nick) apparently, the update caused a glitch that matched multiple people with one vin.

back to the continuous sadnap that is this thread. sorry for the false alarm lol
This happened to us first week of May. Friday evening a vin, Saturday morning no vin. SC said the car had a defect, and we later found it via SA ping in Baltimore. Not really sure why. Sorry to hear this happened to you, it is worth a visit to your SC to chat with the manager, IMO.

Reactions: Peelz
Looks like the focus now (configurations aside) are order date (Late March, early april), and the eastern seaboard (basically everything east of Texas' eastern edge). Vehicles getting delivered everywhere, but lots on the east side of the country as I'm seeing people with mid-April and even May order dates in that area get priority over the more western states. Makes sense they'd prioritize deliveries furthest from Fremont to ensure they hit their Q2 numbers.

I realize as a 3/23 order with a 4/12 hold removal date in CO I should be getting my VIN any day now, but this is really killing me. I have no idea why, it's just a cool car and I've done bigger purchases in my life, but I am really having anxiety and trouble concentrating on anything else, and it's driving me crazy seeing these May orders get delivered. Not healthy

Someone just posted this on the Tesla group I follow on Facebook. I’m sorry but this makes my blood boil. Same SC, more than a month apart…
50196432-6926-45FD-A103-55726C5F5CC8.jpeg

Looks like the focus now (configurations aside) are order date (Late March, early april), and the eastern seaboard (basically everything east of Texas' eastern edge). Vehicles getting delivered everywhere, but lots on the east side of the country as I'm seeing people with mid-April and later order dates in that get priority over the more western states. Makes sense they'd prioritize deliveries furthest from Fremont to ensure they hit their Q2 numbers.

I realize as a 3/23 order with a 4/12 hold removal date in CO I should be getting my VIN any day now, but this is really killing me. I have no idea why, it's just a cool car and I've done bigger purchases in my life, but I am really having anxiety and trouble concentrating on anything else. Not healthy
I’ve seen a lot of people that ordered in May get a VIN. This lady from Facebook ordered last week (05/20) and already has a delivery scheduled in 2 days…

• Informative
Reactions: JohnC-PA