Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$850 for an installation of a wall connector on a 60amp circuit and a fairly good run of wire (pic attached). Not sure how that would compare to an installation of a nema 14-50 . Also not sure if the cost of a nema 14-50 outlet is officially qualified for the EV charging station tax credit, but it probably passes muster. Total cost of the charger and install was $1,350 ~ $945 net of tax credit. I'll take it for a safe system installed by a pro since I have absolutely no business messing around with that much juice.
Have you any problems with the wire getting into the garage door wheels there?

Mine is only 10" wide between the door rails, and so even though the middle is the logical place, I may install it on the outer wall? Thoughts?

I got a call this morning (that I missed) to schedule a delivery date. My issue is that the funds have not arrived in my checking account after being transferred from my brokerage account which has already been debited, and confirmed. Banks love that float....

Therefore, I cannot ACH the cash portion of my financing until it is credited to my checking account, and who knows when that will be. So no MY for me. My SA told me he will try to delay delivery until next week, and we agreed not to pull the trigger on that plan until tomorrow.

Note that my financial timing was based on the most recent EDD of June 14-30, so plenty of time until Tesla sprang the car on me this morning, lol.

Reactions: noob_hunter_gu
Have you any problems with the wire getting into the garage door wheels there?

Mine is only 10" wide between the door rails, and so even though the middle is the logical place, I may install it on the outer wall? Thoughts?
Nope! Take a look at this pic - they installed hooks to keep it away from the rails. I believe I have about 16” in that wall space before the wood. 10” is definitely on the tighter side. I needed the flexibility to park in both bays and outside (no issues with the cord going under the garage door either).

Attachments

• 83AE114A-70C0-460B-B034-04DC21B6D368.jpeg
    83AE114A-70C0-460B-B034-04DC21B6D368.jpeg
    397.3 KB · Views: 70
Reactions: JerseyShoreMY
can we start a new, possibly sticky, thread dedicated to the DCU offer or other financing deals? it would likely be helpful on an ongoing basis to connect members with referrals if needed.
A lot of us have been discussing DCU and other financing offers in this thread:

Best interest rate via Tesla financing?

I am happy to also provide DCU referrals. Please DM me your first name, last name, and email. Thanks!

I hope this doesn't come across as rude, but you should cancel your order. The fact is Tesla doesn't work like other automotive manufacturers because they don't have Dealerships, so they handle everything from warranty claims to delivery differently. This week is extremely abnormal because they're delivering more cars this week than they have in 2+ months combined so they are very busy. The car shouldn't need repair when it's brand new...but then don't accept it.

They're giving you the option of taking it home today and bringing it back for fixing up later, so you can get your car early...if you'd rather they fix it before you take it home you can tell them that and they'll do it, but who knows how long this current boom of deliveries will last...it could be a month or more.

EDIT: Some of the bigger dealerships are going through dozens of deliveries in a single day...probably as much as they'd normally do in WEEKS. Give them the benefit of the doubt that they're doing what they can or cancel your order because you're unhappy. Honestly, so many people on this sub are losing their minds over having to wait a few days for something they'll probably have for 8+ years. If you buy a Tesla you are a beta tester for them...I'd say honestly get used to them having a pretty strong amount of control over what your car does and how the process works. That's not for everyone...but that's why I'm saying if you don't like this I'd suggest maybe looking at more traditional brands - this is part of the deal.

I am more than likely going to punt on this one and be put back in to the queue.

I am posting my experience so others can get a feel for Tesla experience so they can make a better educated purchase.

Why on earth would the system assign a VIN with a delivery date that can't be met by THEM because it's on an internal service hold? Like, what sense does that even make?