Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up All Amps yesterday, and three sets of eyes could not find a single flaw in the vehicle - I was very surprised. The fit, fitment, gaps, cleanliness, etc. all were perfect.

Two watch outs for Richmond 1) They deliver cars with permanent, not temporary, tags. So, you guessed it, the car was delivered with the front license plate holder affixed to the bumper which is a bummer for the PPF kit I have ready to be applied. 2) They seemed short staffed and did not mark my car delivered in Tesla's system upon departure - It was done about three hours after I left. But, some features were disabled until it was marked as delivered. All in all, it was a great delivery experience!
Thank you for the intel regarding the front plate. I need to make it clear not to install it ahead of time.

Reactions: IBuyBundy
For folks who have the vin assigned and no EDD, most likely your car has already arrived at the dealership. They have just been waiting on the firmware upgrade. When I went to pick mine couple of days back at the KS dealership, I could see lot of MY parked all over the place. Cars were parked where ever they could find a spot. My SA was telling that they need to deliver all cars in next 2 -3 days. Vin assignment is done by the system. Delivery date notification is manually sent by the SA. Hence if your vin is assigned and no EDD or delivery date scheduler, it could be just that the SA never got to it. Try talking to the SA to workout on the delivery date and time.

Is it ridiculous for a 40-something year old man to get butterflies over an email?

Attachments

• 59D311C4-5CEA-4EB8-AB64-58463CAD8479.jpeg
    59D311C4-5CEA-4EB8-AB64-58463CAD8479.jpeg
    129.5 KB · Views: 64
Speaking of accessories, has anyone ordered a matte screen protector? Any recommendations? I hear some kind of blur the screen a little bit. I’m making an Amazon list now to pass the time until delivery on Friday lol
After several hours of research, I went with the Spigen

After several hours of research, I went with the Spigen

I just installed this on mine about 10 minutes ago. I love Spigen products, especially this one since it comes with the alignment plate.

Reactions: theluckeys
6D01C358-173F-4292-B1E9-9C42247F4F6B.jpeg

I received my “MY on the way to the SC, click here to schedule a pickup time” text yesterday. I scheduled pickup for tomorrow afternoon and provided my bank details via plaid. Still haven’t received any emails about loan paperwork or finalizing payment. My tracker is also still stuck at Prepare For Delivery. Is this normal, or should I start to get worried?

yikes - I have my own plate holder for the front - is the one they have removable...assume it isn't drilled into the body or impacting the paint? Also picking up at Richmond...5/16, MSM, 5, tow, 20".
Yes, it is removable. It is secured with two sided tape, but I am hesitant to peel it off now - I don't want any paint to come with it! I would call the SC as soon as you have a VIN to request that they do not put on the front plate - I bet they would leave it off if requested. I just did not know to ask as I assumed I would get one temp plate.