Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: Soosh
Just a couple of questions even after reading every single page lol
I ordered 5/7 MYLR w/w induction (Springfield NJ) pick up. Like most, my estimate delivery week disappeared then went to jun13-June28. Is it best to withhold final payment until delivery day?
Will the SC take a personal check?
My bank doesn’t have any local branches for certified check.
Thanks impatiently waiting lol
I’m wondering about that too. I’m going to have to scramble to get insurance and whatever form of payment they’ll accept early next week. I texted my SA last week about forms of payment and didn’t get a response

Although it's pretty bizarre you have to wait this long as you're based out on the west coast. I would understand delays coming over to the other side of the country.
Well, there's some that have waited longer than myself, sadly enough. I've heard many explanations over the last few months about how Tesla handles post build deliveries, but what I've really learned, no one really knows....

Man I wish these companies would come out with their 7-seat versions...I still haven’t found a single company that has mats ready for the 7 seat configuration. I did see a note on the 3D Maxpider mat page that they have the prototypes done and they are coming soon...so hopefully sometime in the next 30 days or so.
You mean the existing 3D-fit mats won't fit 7 seaters? Don't they just cover the first 2 rows, which should be the same between 5 & 7 seaters?

Well, there's some that have waited longer than myself, sadly enough. I've heard many explanations over the last few months about how Tesla handles post build deliveries, but what I've really learned, no one really knows....
Could it be you ordered the last day of Q1? I hear Tesla pushes vehicles out the last month of the quarter so hopefully you receive it soon as Q2 is coming to a close end of June.

Could it be you ordered the last day of Q1? I hear Tesla pushes vehicles out the last month of the quarter so hopefully you receive it soon as Q2 is coming to a close end of June.
Like I said, no one knows, it's a mystery.. I originally ordered a white MYP in the middle of March, expecting to have at least a month to sell my truck and look for a good interest rate loan but I had a VIN# the next day.. We opted out and put our order on hold and then decided we wanted black and here we are.

Reactions: Nomesdrome
You mean the existing 3D-fit mats won't fit 7 seaters? Don't they just cover the first 2 rows, which should be the same between 5 & 7 seaters?
I think they technically do fit, yes, but some have reported there is a very slight difference with the back row - something about the angle of the seat posts in the 5 seat vs. 7 seat. It causes a slight gap. I honestly think it probably is negligible if even true at all, and my plan is to order the 5 seat mats (1st and 2nd row only) and then just order the rest when they make them. Just hope they come out before I take delivery - they initially said availability would be end of April so hopefully soon.

Reactions: RaincityEV
I was really just messing with you, please don't take it personal. I'm sure though, if you are still waiting for your car in a month in a half, you will completely understand the frustration a lot of us are going through right now. I just saw someone with the exact config as mine get a VIN# last night, they ordered 5 May..

You're completely accurate on the customer service and that's probably my biggest complaint, that and the completely bogus Estimated Delivery dates on our Tesla page. I originally had a mid April delivery date and it has changed constantly since then and my SA, when they respond, keeps telling me my VIN# should come out any day now and delivery should happen that week. I've been told this the past 4 weeks. Being built up and then deflated is very frustrating...

I can tell you this, when there's competition for Tesla, this crap will change or they will go outta business quick. I have 2 Audi's now and customer service has always been top notch. I do wish we could all have our VIN#s right now and these discussions could end, good luck!
Totally understand. That’s why I wanted to clarify the part about my frustration vs. yours — I can only imagine how long of a wait it’s been for you.

100% agree with everything you said about customer service. I’m coming from Lexus and BMW over the last 15 or so years and it’s a night and day difference. Say what you will about dealerships (and lord knows there’s plenty of negatives) but at least they have a vested interest in customer service and building loyalty.

Good luck to you too! Keeping my fingers crossed for us all.

My scheduled delivery day just got moved. (I have a time and everything). Insurance already set to go for the trade.
SA says that they don’t actually have the car yet so has pushed delivery a couple days but still doesn’t say it’s for sure then either.

does their system really allow for delivery schedules without the vehicle being onsite? Is my SA likely just overly busy and the car is sat there?

seems odd to me, wondering if anyone else has experienced that.

Honestly, I’ve never understood why people get screen protectors for their Teslas. This will be my third Tesla, I have three kids, car pools, a dog, etc and have never had any issues. I get it for a phone you may drop, but why on a car?
I understand the paranoia and concern folks may have. Someone said they had a passenger get out of the car and almost strike the screen with the belt buckle. That is a rare situation though.

I did not put a screen protector on our Model S and it was fine for the two years we had the car. I contemplated a matte screen for the Y but turned off by reports of phantom touch due to screen protectors. Some friends ordered their Y a few days before us and I know they bought a screen protector already. I will wait and see how it performs for them before I make a final decision on our Y. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: elguapo
My scheduled delivery day just got moved. (I have a time and everything). Insurance already set to go for the trade.
SA says that they don’t actually have the car yet so has pushed delivery a couple days but still doesn’t say it’s for sure then either.

does their system really allow for delivery schedules without the vehicle being onsite? Is my SA likely just overly busy and the car is sat there?

seems odd to me, wondering if anyone else has experienced that.
From the information I have gathered so far, I have been told that all deliveries in this quarter have been put on hold due to the firmware upgrade. Most of the dealerships have already received the vehicles. Its just waiting on vin assignment and delivery at the dealership. They must be overwhelmed with the number of deliveries they have to deal with in this week.

Reactions: Mugginstwo
Not sure how it varies State to state but once you pay for the car and arrange delivery, do they already have the temporary paper
license plate on the car at pickup? Does the customer have to arrange for a permanent plate and also go to the DMV to do the registration?