Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dfw with vin of 195xxx. Estimated delivery of 6/15-6/18. They said it’s at the factory with delivery to SC around or just before 6/15. We’ll see if it improves since I’ll be out of town on 6/17-6/20. Would suck to get pushed to the back of the queue since I’m about to sell my current car.

Drove by the Plano SC the other day and they had a bunch of LR in red, blue and gray. Didn’t see any MYP and not much white or black. Looked like they’d been rolling them out as fast as they could.

I’m a MYP red/black, no fsd, no tow hitch, 5 seat. What are people using the tow hitch for?
I’m planning to use the hitch for an easy on off bike rack, this one to be precise: https://amzn.to/3i4Fii1

Glad to hear it went smoothly. I am getting my model y next Sunday in kisco. How was the experience getting the car? What was your config?
Ordered White Plains NY April 16, Red, LR, 5 seat, black interior, 20" wheels, no hitch. Received May 29. Basically communication between SA and my self was always there. Was raining day of pickup. Car was in lot when I arrived. They brought it in to their garage for final inspection and then back out again 20 minutes later. I checked it over and was unable to find anything wrong with it (I found that unusual but went with it) and as of yet have found no problems. Went out that night on long drive to Jersey and back coming back with 19% battery (first anxiety). Found Vision ghost breaking a couple times when driving at night (highway overpass signs glaring as I approached coming over hill. Later on 2 lane road curve, car approaching cause ghosting. Also, I set speed for 10 mph over posted limits, sometimes the system would forget that setting and I'd have to reengage the system again. And yes, did find that if I manually turned on high beams, the "cruise" system turns off and you're prompted to enable Vision again, to turn auto beams back on. (Note: I asked Mt. Kisco how many cars they were delivering Saturday, they said 42 and it was just the beginning). Will be adding mud flaps and spoiler trim this week.

Attachments

• 20210529_155907.jpg
    20210529_155907.jpg
    663 KB · Views: 74
  • 20210529_155916.jpg
    20210529_155916.jpg
    744 KB · Views: 58
  • 20210529_160016.jpg
    20210529_160016.jpg
    897.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 20210529_160045.jpg
    20210529_160045.jpg
    674.9 KB · Views: 66
Ordered White Plains NY April 16, Red, LR, 5 seat, black interior, 20" wheels, no hitch. Received May 29. Basically communication between SA and my self was always there. Was raining day of pickup. Car was in lot when I arrived. They brought it in to their garage for final inspection and then back out again 20 minutes later. I checked it over and was unable to find anything wrong with it (I found that unusual but went with it) and as of yet have found no problems. Went out that night on long drive to Jersey and back coming back with 19% battery (first anxiety). Found Vision ghost breaking a couple times when driving at night (highway overpass signs glaring as I approached coming over hill. Later on 2 lane road curve, car approaching cause ghosting. Also, I set speed for 10 mph over posted limits, sometimes the system would forget that setting and I'd have to reengage the system again. And yes, did find that if I manually turned on high beams, the "cruise" system turns off and you're prompted to enable Vision again, to turn auto beams back on. (Note: I asked Mt. Kisco how many cars they were delivering Saturday, they said 42 and it was just the beginning). Will be adding mud flaps and spoiler trim this week.

1. Passenger power lumbar...does it have it?
2. Did they put the front plate on automatically? If so, need to remember to tell my SA to please NOT do that.

She's a beauty! Can't wait to drive my own! :)

Thanks for the info! Sounds like a pretty good delivery experience. Thumbs up on the old school NY license plate. I’m still rocking it as well, going back several vehicles now. Like yours, mine are still in good shape.

Reactions: e143slime8
1. Passenger power lumbar...does it have it?
2. Did they put the front plate on automatically? If so, need to remember to tell my SA to please NOT do that.

She's a beauty! Can't wait to drive my own! :)
Ya know, when I tried it in the lot as part of my pre acceptance, I noticed that it did not seem to work. Later, when my agent was in the car with me, I asked her to try it and she "claimed" it was working (by hearing the motor). I did not recheck it since but reading these posts I just checked it and true, even though there there is "lumbar button" on the passenger side, it does not work. Does this warrant a "service ticket"? And yes they did put the front plate on but did ask beforehand. Also, glad the center console is matte black so I don't have to deal with applying a wrap myself.

Reactions: Zhe Wiz
Ya know, when I tried it in the lot as part of my pre acceptance, I noticed that it did not seem to work. Later, when my agent was in the car with me, I asked her to try it and she "claimed" it was working (by hearing the motor). I did not recheck it since but reading these posts I just checked it and true, even though there there is "lumbar button" on the passenger side, it does not work. Does this warrant a "service ticket"? And yes they did put the front plate on but did ask beforehand.

Thank you for checking! I'm guessing they've eliminated it...wonder if it's another parts shortage (save them all for the driver's side in case we run out!) or if it's another cost-cutting measure. Certainly worth quizzing them, as I will when it's inevitably missing from mine a week from tomorrow when I go to pick it up. Mildly disappointed, but I don't think my wife will notice. :)

So glad they ask about the plate. I'll put mine on, but want it more easily removed than the stock stick-on version!

626EAD2B-AA1F-49DD-8D42-46ADC580835D.jpeg
Screenshot of the latest owner manual mentions lumbar support on the front seats.
On the 2nd page it also mentions
“All specifications and descriptions contained in this document are verified to be accurate at the time of printing. However, because continuous improvement is a goal at Tesla, we reserve the right to make product modifications at any time”

• Informative
Reactions: elguapo
The car looks awesome. Thanks for the details. Enjoy your Tesla

Reactions: e143slime8
View attachment 668025Screenshot of the latest owner manual mentions lumbar support on the front seats.
On the 2nd page it also mentions
“All specifications and descriptions contained in this document are verified to be accurate at the time of printing. However, because continuous improvement is a goal at Tesla, we reserve the right to make product modifications at any time”
Sure sounds a lot like legal speak which means Tesla can change it and you must like it (any changes).

Most customers would expect that changes should be for the better however and not in the form of a no notice reduction in our car features... also in line with the prices paid AND feature list at time of order, not delivery time.

We will check out that lumbar adjust and if it is not working or missing on either side of the front seats, plan to ask the SC to fix.